• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ambush 6.8 misfire

Goodson67

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2020
When first chambering my gun the road didn't load properly so I pulled the handle back and was able to successfully chamber the round. I then ejected the magazine and hit it on my knee to set the rounds all the way back in the magazine. I then went out to see if could catch some pasture poodles eating a deer carcus that I hade thrown out earlier in the day, didn't see anything and went back in and the magazine wasn't coming out like it should by pushing the button, so I used my dominant hand to try to push the button in and when I did, the gun fired two rounds back to back (faster than I am capable of firing.). I realize I should have cleared the gun prior to ejecting the magazine but it still shouldn't have fired. Fingers were not in the trigger guard and both hands were in front of the trigger guard, one on the magazine and the other overlapping with my thumb on the ejecting button.
Any ideas on what would cause this?

To clear a magazine-fed firearm, we keep it pointed in a safe direction and remove the magazine, then clear the action to extract the cartridge.

What type of trigger is in the firearm?

Sounds like a serious enough of a situation that if you're not familiar with building and/or troubleshooting and repairing an AR, maybe you should contact Daniel Defense or a qualified gunsmith.

Other than that, this will be a game of 20 questions, some of which may sound insulting, but I'll start out.

What's your experience with owning and operating an AR?
Did you buy it new or used?
Where did you buy it (LGS, big box, online retailer, private party, etc.)?
Have you, or anyone else that you know of, done any modifications or repairs to the weapon before?
Is the weapon clean and properly lubed?
What specific mags and ammo are you using?

Beyond some of those basic questions, then you would start with some procedures, like a trigger function test.

Reactions: simonp