• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes American defense or warne ramp mount?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Let me preferace this by saying, I don't need the QD option and it probably won't get used.

Which mount is better in regards to quality, tolerances, machining, etc.

i have the ramp and the recon, the recon is beefier for sure, the RAMP looks cleaner, and has the 45deg kicker on both sides.

the ADM allows you to change rings if you move tube diameters, without buying an entire mount.

Have a couple of Warne RAMPs and they work just fine. One is on my 3 gun rifle and it holds the Vortex 1-6x very well. No shifts or problems after a year of getting thrown into drop barrels.

Actually if you want to go the Warne RAMP route PM NOMAD as I know he has one sitting at his house to sell and you would save some money.

I have the ADM recon on an LWRC 5.56 and my opinion / experience is very positive. I would recommend it.

I've got Warne rings on a model 70 and they're great, but the ADM vortex branded mount for my ar is really nice.
    You'll be golden with either

Badger and Nightforce make the best unimounts IMO. Badger if money is an issue and NF if weight is an issue. Both are light but the NF is ultralight.