• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

american defense

rlw

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2009
va
does anyone here have any experience with the American defense cantilever mount if so i would love to here the goods and bads. thank you

Re: american defense

For the money I would lean very hard to a Larue.

The couple of mounts I have handled from AD didn't have great build quality. They may get the job done just fine but for the kind of money they ask for them I should get great function and top of the line build quality as well.

Not too mention Larue is the absolute pinnacle of customer service.

They are top-notch. I have used both and actually prefer the AD, especially since the LaRue are more expensive. There are no problems with build quality. They are as solid as they come.

thanks i already ordered it it should be here this week so i hope its nice thanks for the info

I have one of their RECON-S mounts in for review.

So far it seems like a very solid mount. I have not tested the return to zero yet. Setting the tension on the levers is key.

One thing I do like about the ADM mount is that the rotating portion of the levers do not contact the receiver. The LaRue mounts will eventually wear the anodizing off the rail where the lever contacts.

The ADM also adjusts without tools and the levers can be flipped if need be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are top-notch. I have used both and actually prefer the AD, especially since the LaRue are more expensive. There are no problems with build quality. They are as solid as they come. </div></div>

Same for me.....

I have equal amounts of Larue and ADM. I find them to be the same in quality. I like the ADM lever setup better, very smart. With the Larue, you can get a scope ring that allows the mounting of an MRD (LT-137) at a very comfortable position off your scope, also very smart. Can't go wrong with either really.

thanks guys it came in the mail yesterday but i will not be home till monday to mount it