• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American in New Zealand for a day of shooting

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Work brought me to New Zealand to repair a jet engine for Air New Zealand. Have some down time waiting on parts. Hooked up with another Hide Member...Ch'e over here in Auckland. He took me for a day of shooting here at his range on a local farm. It was awesome. Started off with some beautiful scenery with the big hills and the ocean in the background. My Texas shooting country is flat and hot as hell. The range here is up hill all the way and the temp was a bit cool. Ch'e brought along his .260 and 6.5 for the day. We rode around the farm a bit admiring the view then went to the 100 yard targets to check zero and chrono some test loads for the .260. We moved from there to a couple of targets at 400+ yards. From there to a beautiful shooting spot high on the hill to a target at 860 yards. Wind was a bitch. 5-20 mph with heavy gusts. Took about $1000 worth of ammo to get us on the target at 860. Finally we found steel. We moved to the 575 yard mark and was able to make some shots on steel there. Spend all day up on the hills. Saw a lot of Red Deer and some pheasants as well as other things. Couldnt have asked for a better time shooting. Ch'e took good care of me and his hospitality was superb. Took a lot of nice pictures. Finished the day with a cold beer at the his local pub.
Thanks a million Ch'e for an awesome day and showing an American far away from home a great time.
Ch'e on the chrono with .260.
img0961d.jpg

Stacy at 400 yards with 6.5
img0976r.jpg

Stacy at the 860 yard line
img0981fi.jpg

View of the line of fire to the 860 yard target.
img0988h.jpg

Target at 860
img0995as.jpg

Re: American in New Zealand for a day of shooting

Nice wrte up. Beautiful place.

Nice day Stacey for sure and always a pleasure to take good company for a shoot . The 865 yard target beat us good and proper on this occasion .Even though we had hits on target the wind was on then off so quick our dope was out of date the moment you dialed it.

Fuckin A Ch'e!

Very admirable hospitality.

Got any urgent door and hardware issues that would require a similarly inclined out of town provider?

wink.gif

Your welcome anytime queequeg =I gotta say I really enjoy meeting serious ''riflepeople'' and especially those travelling that I can share my passion with.I got mates that like to shoot alone,me Id rather share my range and enjoy others company and experiences.

Im sure any member who was able to make it over here and visit the range with Ch'e would feel welcome. The experience was well worth the 26 hours traveling it took to get here. Ch'e has nice equipment and the range is priceless. We did a bit of everything yesterday including gunsmithing, load developement, ranging, reading wind, scratching our heads, photography and sent projectiles down range. Best of all was meeting up with someone who likes it as much as I do on the other side of the world.

Ch'e and his wife picked me up today and we had some good foos and I enjoyed a great tour around Auckland. Great to have good people around the world. I would have to work at being as good a host as he has been. Thanks for such hospitality and great time Ch'e.

So not a day of 9 MOA elevation and 9 MOA windage like the other weekend then Ch'e??
laugh.gif

Bit miffed I couldnt make it

That's awesome.

Awesome!! Sounds like a great time. Good on ya Che.

spanners we had more hits the day you and i shot -it was really hard ,a day of humble pie.