• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes American Rifle Co. M10 rings - weight????

ctsmith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Alabama
Does anyone have the weight of the 30mm rings? I can't find it listed on their website. I tried to call but it looks like they're gone for Thanksgiving holiday.

Re: American Rifle Co. M10 rings - weight????

They are not very heavy at all.. I just installed a set on my .260 with a SWFA 5-20x50. These ring are the best in my small humble opion.....

They are a nice ring and like said by Ghall they don't weigh very much. About the same as a set of the Seekins alumn. rings.

I care how much they weigh. I want them for a lightweight hunting rifle that currently wears Talley LW's.

I have the older ARC M3 Gen 2's and they come in at 4oz. for the 34mm, 26mm medium height set. I imagine the M10's are less, maybe 3oz. or less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the older ARC M3 Gen 2's and they come in at 4oz. for the 34mm, 26mm medium height set. I imagine the M10's are less, maybe 3oz. or less. </div></div>

4oz is acceptable and 3oz will be sweet! Thanks for the info.

Are you really concerned about 1 oz? Especially when mounting a high end scope, I would be leaning towards he design that will not dammage a scope over 1 oz. Just my opinion.

ARC rings are by far the best designed rings are the market and the only rings I use these days.

I did not say I was worried about one ounce. I am worried about the cumulative effect. The picatinny base will be 3oz, the rings another 4oz. The rings coming off the rifle are Talley Lightweights at 2 oz. That is a 5 oz net increase for rings & bases. I'm also changing scopes. The new scope is 4 oz heavier than the one currently on the rifle. All total I have a 9 oz increase in a rifle that was previously sub 8 lbs all up with mounted scope. 9 oz is a significant change for a rifle of such weight. I wouldn't want much more.

The alternative is the DNZ aluminums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did not say I was worried about one ounce. I am worried about the cumulative effect. The picatinny base will be 3oz, the rings another 4oz. The rings coming off the rifle are Talley Lightweights at 2 oz. That is a 5 oz net increase for rings & bases. I'm also changing scopes. The new scope is 4 oz heavier than the one currently on the rifle. All total I have a 9 oz increase in a rifle that was previously sub 8 lbs all up with mounted scope. 9 oz is a significant change for a rifle of such weight. I wouldn't want much more.

The alternative is the DNZ aluminums. </div></div>

I would suggest go with the rings that will secure and protect your scope the most (ARC) and then try and cut weight elsewhere if need be..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest go with the rings that will secure and protect your scope the most (ARC) and then try and cut weight elsewhere if need be..</div></div>

I agree. By all accounts the DNZ rings are jam up and have been proven to withstand serious abuse. The decision is between the DNZ (picture below) and the M10's.

P12972558.jpg

You are worried about weight and looking at DNZ as alternative to ARC m10 rings?????? LOL

M10 are the best rings there are if that is your priority.

If you are concerned about weight then get the lightest rings or cut weight elsewhere. There are a lot larger weight differences in other rifle components. I can't see my rifle wearing anything other than ARC M10 rings. Or do some more weight training.

I can't comment on the DNZ but those ARC rings have the smartest design going and have perfect machining.

I have 3 pairs and will buy more if the occasion arises.

Can't resist the M10's, will give them a go!