• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Independence from Tyranny Sale

karagias

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2010
Washington
www.americanrifle.com
American Rifle Company is celebrating our country’s 245th birthday with an Independence Day Sale. We are now offering great deals on actions, rifles, and chassis through Saturday, July 10th. Go to our website for details. https://www.americanrifle.com/sale

And as always, thank you for your business.

Now that the commercial side of it is out of the way, let us take some time to really think about the American idea and thus celebrate Independence from Tyranny. I would like to do this by recognizing a very special American named Yeonmi Park. She embodies the self-reliance and love for life that is the American idea. But Yeonmi is beyond exceptional and only the greatest of poets might find the words to properly describe her. I can only tell you that her story both broke my heart and inspired me. But most importantly, Yeonmi’s story affirms for those of us who live in the United States just how lucky we are to do so.

Yeonmi speaks of the horrors taking place on this Earth, today. Horrors such as socially engineered famines forcing people to cannibalize family members. Horrors such as the insidious theft of the capacity for romantic love, something I can hardly believe is possible. This is taking place in North Korea, today.

Sadly, and perhaps even more alarmingly, Yeonmi warns us of regressive and malignant ideas, the roots of which have now crept into the once fertile soil of the American mind. Insanity such as critical race theory, equality of outcomes, and leftist identity politics are destroying the United States in the only way possible, by corrupting the minds of her people and thus malforming them into self-loathing dependent wards of the State. No country, not even the United States, is safe from such anti-life and anti-mind evils.

So, I am asking you to know how lucky you are to live in what is still the greatest country on earth and to please spend some of your precious time really listening to Yeonmi’s story. It will drive the point home. She was recently interviewed by Lex Fridman, another self-reliant super-human, loving life and beauty that still exists in so many ways. You can find their conversation here: Lex and Yeonmi Conversation

In the meantime, we’ll keep making guns. You know why.

Happy Birthday America.

Ted

Last edited:
The Lex and Yeonmi link takes me to the ARC sales site.

YouTube video?

For anyone interested in some more about Yeonmi, she has a book called In Order to Live that is on audible also. Very highly recommended along with about ten or so more books about North Korea

American Rifle Company is celebrating our country’s 245th birthday with an Independence Day Sale. We are now offering great deals on actions, rifles, and chassis through Saturday, July 10th. Go to our website for details. https://www.americanrifle.com/sale

Now that the commercial side of it is out of the way, let us take some time to really think about the American idea and thus celebrate Independence from Tyranny. I would like to do this by recognizing a very special American named Yeonmi Park. She embodies the self-reliance and love for life that is the American idea. But Yeonmi is beyond exceptional and only the greatest of poets might find the words to properly describe her. I can only tell you that her story both broke my heart and inspired me. But most importantly, Yeonmi’s story affirms for those of us who live in the United States just how lucky we are to do so.

Yeonmi speaks of the horrors taking place on this Earth, today. Horrors such as socially engineered famines forcing people to cannibalize family members. Horrors such as the insidious theft of the capacity for romantic love, something I can hardly believe is possible. This is taking place in North Korea, today.

Sadly, and perhaps even more alarmingly, Yeonmi warns us of regressive and malignant ideas, the roots of which have now crept into the once fertile soil of the American mind. Insanity such as critical race theory, equality of outcomes, and leftist identity politics are destroying the United States in the only way possible, by corrupting the minds of her people and thus malforming them into self-loathing dependent wards of the State. No country, not even the United States, is safe from such anti-life and anti-mind evils.

So, I am asking you to know how lucky you are to live in what is still the greatest country on earth and to please spend some of your precious time really listening to Yeonmi’s story. It will drive the point home. She was recently interviewed by Lex Fridman, another self-reliant super-human, loving life and beauty that still exists in so many ways. You can find their conversation here: Lex and Yeonmi Conversation

Happy Birthday America.

Ted
Ragnar-toast.gif

Well, you finally pushed me over the edge into trying out an Archimedes. Thanks for all you do Ted!!!

So to those who have used both an Archimedes and a Mausingfield which one would be your preference?

I have an original LA M5, an LA M7 and a SA gen 1 Nucleus but am looking for a another short action to use with the MDT chassis as a light weight hunting rifle. The main cartridges I would use are the 6.5 Creed and 6.5 PRC, I also have a .223 barrel I might try to use but that is not a major consideration.

I am intrigued by the Archimedes but I don’t know of anyone who has one so I have no way of trying it out prior to buying it.

Any info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Got about 25 mins to the video so far. Amazing lady. Should be a wake up call to the half of america wishing for north korean style gov't here in the US. But sadly it wont. Thanks for all you guys do!

So to those who have used both an Archimedes and a Mausingfield which one would be your preference?

I have an original LA M5, an LA M7 and a SA gen 1 Nucleus but am looking for a another short action to use with the MDT chassis as a light weight hunting rifle. The main cartridges I would use are the 6.5 Creed and 6.5 PRC, I also have a .223 barrel I might try to use but that is not a major consideration.

I am intrigued by the Archimedes but I don’t know of anyone who has one so I have no way of trying it out prior to buying it.

For what's it's worth, the Archimedes has been my favorite action since creating it simply because it makes more functional sense than any other bolt action, including anything else made by American Rifle or anyone else. As such, the Archimedes immediately sells itself to some people. But for others, its pivoting handle seems to be reason for pause. To that, I can say the following:

The pivoting handle of the Archimedes might be something you notice when first cycling the bolt if your cartridges are freely pulled from the chamber and you cycle the bolt slowly and deliberately, paying close attention to what you are feeling. Even if you do notice it, and you might not, the subtleness of the difference between the feeling the Archimedes bolt cycle and that of a conventional bolt, combined with the nearly limitless adaptability of your hand, makes the pivoting action of the bolt handle ergonomically insignificant.

However, that same pivoting bolt handle is hugely significant when your 280 Nosler gets stuck in the chamber. This is what recently happened to Jon, my colleague, while shooting a Mausingfield chambered in 280 Nosler. Dan, a friend of American Rifle, prepared some ammo for Jon. The Mausingfield reliably extracted the sticky cases but with effort, albeit familiar to those how shoot large calibers, i.e. long action magnums. Jon, who could have assembled the rifle around any of the three actions we make expectedly remarked, "Yeah, I really understand the Archimedes now."

Ted

Archimedes $2849? What happened to that price from when you first posted? I had wanted to add it to my cart but the two prices weren't matching up.

Reactions: Big Timber
Dammit I just bought a Nucleus like two weeks ago. Oh well.

The initial link landed on a page with the price being $2849, though when you went to the rifle and tried to add it to the cart the price changed to $2999. Hence the two different prices. Of course I wanted the $2849 as was first listed, and would have bought the rifle.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Give us a call on Tuesday and we'll sort it out.

Ted

The Nucleus rifle only comes in 6.5CM?
If we want 6mm the only option is an action then source our own barrel?

Dammit Ted, why couldn't you have done this in the spring when I had fun money to spend! I really want a 300NM sitting in a Xylo....

Dammit Ted, why couldn't you have done this in the spring when I had fun money to spend! I really want a 300NM sitting in a Xylo....
Don't know. Maybe it had something to do with the computationally indeterminate nature of Rule 30. Ask Stephen Wolfram about his cellular automata.

OK, I been watching way too much YouTube. It's becoming a problem.

Ted

The Nucleus rifle only comes in 6.5CM?
If we want 6mm the only option is an action then source our own barrel?
I thought we had 6mm barrels. Not sure. Call on Tuesday and ask either Justin or Bella. They'll know. Sale continues through all of next week so you have plenty of time.

Ted

Actually I'm thinking 243AI. I assume you can make those?

Man if I had the money to weekend right now instead of on a wedding id be buying another arch in a heartbeat at that price. Since getting mine (first batch preorder single digit serial # for reference of when I got it) it fast became my favorite action. I'll echo @karagias sentiment above about the pivot handle. Many people seem hesitant worked about how it feels when cycling. If done slow and deliberately trying to feel it you will notice it maybe...during normal operation I don't notice it at all and thanks to the lack of primary extraction on the bolt lift its a lighter feel than other 3 lugs. Many guys running Curtis/terminus ect have commented on that. For me it's a very fast action and in the event of a hot round or like what has happened to me, over pressure from heavy rain (I know I should have water tested the load but I hadn't yet) and while I could feel the resistance the round still extracted smoothly and it didn't cost me any points on the stage.
So moral of the story. 99% of the time I don't need the increased functionality but as they say it's better to have and not need than need and not have.

I'll add to the response from @karagias
I had an M7 Mausingfield not long after they came out. It was a great action. It was a very different feel compared to the Bighorns and Defiance that I had at the time. Then I wanted to try an Archimedes when it came out....and I'm glad that I did. These are the smoothest and fastest cycling actions that I've used yet. I feel that this is a definite advantage for my matches (NRA Highpower). I have found that I have less disturbance to my position and I have more time to center shots in the rapid fire stages than I did with either a TL3 or the M7 Mausingfield. At this point, I have three short action Archimedes that I paid for with my own money and I sold the M7, one of the Bighorns, and the Defiance.

The bolt never binds.
I never feel the bolt handle pivot during my matches or practice.

For a hunting rifle I prefer BDL bottom metal, so the Archimedes is out, but it's a great action.

I made these videos last fall to review my positions, but you can see the bolt manipulations.

Good luck @CMP70306 you can't make a bad choice with one of ARC's actions!
Regards,
Ross

I thought we had 6mm barrels. Not sure. Call on Tuesday and ask either Justin or Bella. They'll know. Sale continues through all of next week so you have plenty of time.

Ted
Out of the 3 actions ( I have the gen 2 nucleus ) what is the go to action. With sell might pick up another action depending how long sale is

Out of the 3 actions ( I have the gen 2 nucleus ) what is the go to action. With sell might pick up another action depending how long sale is
The Archimedes...will have the lightest bolt lift and the ability to pull out the most stubborn of cases if the need arises.

Reactions: Kimber.204
Damn..... I wish I could get another Archimedes. It just ain't in the cards right now. Solid deal on the actions.

Can anyone explain the difference, besides bolt lift, of each action?
I'm having a hard time understanding the differences even after excessive reading!

Nucleus is a "standard" style of bolt lift similar to a Remington. Heavy lift imo unless you drop the spring weight down. Solid and reliable though.

Archimedes- on the bolt lift you are only resetting the spring. Pretty light lift, easy to stay on target. The extraction is on the pull back so it's really light. Can't get anything stuck in the chamber either and I've tried my best.

Reactions: celltech
I'll add to the response from @karagias
I had an M7 Mausingfield not long after they came out. It was a great action. It was a very different feel compared to the Bighorns and Defiance that I had at the time. Then I wanted to try an Archimedes when it came out....and I'm glad that I did. These are the smoothest and fastest cycling actions that I've used yet. I feel that this is a definite advantage for my matches (NRA Highpower). I have found that I have less disturbance to my position and I have more time to center shots in the rapid fire stages than I did with either a TL3 or the M7 Mausingfield. At this point, I have three short action Archimedes that I paid for with my own money and I sold the M7, one of the Bighorns, and the Defiance.

The bolt never binds.
I never feel the bolt handle pivot during my matches or practice.

For a hunting rifle I prefer BDL bottom metal, so the Archimedes is out, but it's a great action.

I made these videos last fall to review my positions, but you can see the bolt manipulations.

Good luck @CMP70306 you can't make a bad choice with one of ARC's actions!
Regards,
Ross

Thanks for those videos. Customer feedback doesn't get much better than that.

Ted

Reactions: Carlos0311B4
Good info, thank you.
What about the Mausingfield vrs the Archimedes?
Any difference in design or function?
Bolt lift differences?
Any negatives to any of them from personal experience?
I remember the light strike issues a couple years back, I assume they've been corrected.

Can anyone explain the difference, besides bolt lift, of each action?
I'm having a hard time understanding the differences even after excessive reading!
Bolt lift mostly depends on the main spring, pitch of the cocking cam, and length of the handle. Assuming a case is not stuck in either chamber, the Archimedes will feel a bit lighter to lift because of slight differences in those components. But if a case is stuck, the Archimedes wins every time, against any bolt action.

Cases get stuck in chambers because their body tapers are self locking. Engineers will appreciate that the tangent of the body taper half angle is less than the coefficient of static friction between the chamber wall and the case. All that mean is that the body of a cartridge is like a wedge that can get stuck in shit. When chambers pressures get high enough, the spent case is being squeezed by the chamber walls, even after the firing event is completed. Now the case is stuck. The pivoting action of the Archimedes bolt handle levers (that a verb) the case out of the chamber. All you have to do is pull straight back after lifting the bolt handle. And lifting the bolt handle is much much easier now because all your doing is unlocking the bolt from the receiver. The extraction takes place during the next step, that is pulling the bolt to the rear.

Long story short, the Archimedes has the best available, and maybe even the best possible, bolt cycle. It offers an advantage that nothing else does.

I need to make a short video.

Ted

Reactions: M77 and Pvt.Donut
And lifting the bolt handle is much much easier now because all your doing is unlocking the bolt from the receiver. The extraction takes place during the next step, that is pulling the bolt to the rear.
Thanks. If I understand a 'standard' bolt action unlocks and extracts in the same movement?
Will give you a call Monday or Tuesday to talk actions and a barrel in 243AI.
Your web site says about a month lead time for an action other than the Nucleus?

Thanks. If I understand a 'standard' bolt action unlocks and extracts in the same movement?
Will give you a call Monday or Tuesday to talk actions and a barrel in 243AI.
Your web site says about a month lead time for an action other than the Nucleus?
Your understand seem to be correct. The first part of the bolt rotation unlocks the bolt from the receiver. The last 20% or so of the rotation cams the bolt backwards to extract the cartridge. It's in that last 20% that all other bolt action lose against the Archimedes.

Not sure how much help we can be with a 243AI barrel. We have have someone stocking 6mm blanks for us.

Also not sure about lead times. I know we have a bunch of Nucleus actions in stock. Few Archimedes and Mausingfields. We'll let you know when you call.

Ted

Could some Xylo chassis users speak to how they are configuring chassis weight for competition use? I am curious how well the Xylo balances with different barrel contour configurations. Have you found you needed to add weight to the front or rear of the chassis to gain desisted balance?

I’m having the hardest time deciding between the Archimedes or Zeus. How well does the Archimedes run short cartridges like 22BR?

I’m having the hardest time deciding between the Archimedes or Zeus. How well does the Archimedes run short cartridges like 22BR?
I run a dasher with my Archimedes, it really does run flawlessly with BR cases. Control round feed eliminates most of the feeding issues associated with BR cases in general, regardless of the caliber of projectile.

Reactions: gnochi and S3th
Man I’m sold on ARC, this thread is just a reminder I should have jumped on the train a long time ago. Ted, love the irrepressible analytical mindset. Keep innovating!

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Could some Xylo chassis users speak to how they are configuring chassis weight for competition use? I am curious how well the Xylo balances with different barrel contour configurations. Have you found you needed to add weight to the front or rear of the chassis to gain desisted balance?
Mine (6.5 Creedmoor) has a 24" Marksman contour barrel, Light scope (MK 5 HD 3.6-18), lightish bipod (Ckye pod), 2 sets of exterior front weights (1lb forward most position), & 1 interior weight (1lb forward most position). With empty mag it's 17lb-10oz as pictured.

The balance was great as pictured, but I've since added 1 more interior weight so 18lb-10oz now.

I love the SA chassis & wouldn't want to change a thing.

@karagias - If you read this. My only gripe with the LA Xylo is that I wish the fore end was extended 1 M-lock slot so it would take the same weight package as the SA? LA magnums for ELR applications could really utilize the extra 1-1/2 lbs & added Arca length.

Balancing the Xylo is easy, just a matter of adding weight to suit the caliber you'll be shooting to be able to self spot shots.
IMG_6204.jpg

With a 28" 1.25" straight (no contour) barrel, I have the fore-end with no weight, and the heavy bag rider. It could handle maybe a little more weight to the rear or a slightly profiled barrel. Gun weighs 20lb as is. Just barely "front heavy" with the balance point maybe 4-5" in front of the magazine.

Previously I had a 28" Proof Research Competition contour barrel, and filled the inside and outside of the fore-end up with weights. It didn't really move the CoM around that much (adding weight to where the CoM already was, just in front of the mag well), just made it heavy. 24lb or so.

If I fill the current setup with weights it can get as heavy as 27lb. Too much unless I get busy in the gym.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Dammit, I was all set to make my case to my very pregnant wife to order a Mausingfield but she’s going to be induced tomorrow. So… definitely no expendable income for a little bit

Reactions: Stoweit
Dammit, I was all set to make my case to my very pregnant wife to order a Mausingfield but she’s going to be induced tomorrow. So… definitely no expendable income for a little bit
Baby’s First Rifle, obviously.

Also, congratulations. My nephew - born on the 4th of July this year - is adorable and I wish the same for you.

Baby’s First Rifle, obviously
Negative, ghost rider. I love the sentiment though. Anything built on a Mausingfield in my home is daddy’s. Until I kick the bucket of course, then these little mongrels can fight amongst themselves

Well I kicked it around for a few more days before deciding to go with the SA Archimedes, should make for a nice lightweight hunting rifle.

Thank you Ted for giving us a great sale and making such great actions.

Thanks for this Ted, just ordered an SA and LA Archimedes to keep the SA Archimedes I already have in 223AI company. Love how that action runs.

The LA is going to be a 7 SAUM build, no plans for the short action right now but I figured I'd pick it up during the sale... might end up as a lightweight 22GT coyote blaster.

If I hadn't just dumped a bunch of money into another PCP air rifle last week I'd pick up a Xylo to play with, been wanting to try one.

Figured I'd bump this back up and remind people there's still ~5 hours left on this deal.

Ted you've made my favorite holiday even better the last 2 years, thank you!

Just ordered a SA Archimedes

@karagias - Question for you. I haven't been able to find any info on the striker spring for the Archimedes? I've swapped to the 19# on my M7 & Nuke, but don't see a spring listed for the Archimedes. Maybe it's already tits and no room for improvement?

Happy Birthday America.

Ted
Ted your always a Class Act and you def. have a Back to your head ;)

Mike R.

A new arc action wasn't in the budget this July, but I have decided I think I'd like to go ARC when I finally step up to a custom action from my Tikka.

It's actually the only custom action that seems like a justifiable purchase over my Tikka for my hyper nerd engineering brain.

I'm curious- for the folks that ordered a mausingfield over a Archimedes what the thought process is there?

It seems like the Mausingfields only advantage over the previous nucleus was extraction capabilities but that seems to be a moot point with the Archimedes.

That's not to suggest that I don't think the Mausingfield is awesome, just not sure what it offers over the arch other than cool Mauser progeny style points (and maybe that's enough)?

Use case for me is a 70 / 30 range / hunting rifle in the 10-12lb range running aics mags.

Maybe the "in the hands" difference is obvious- That's easy to miss reading from a spec.

Last edited: