• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company / Patriot Valley Arms Range Trip 4 years in the making…

Rate_of_Twist

Rate Of Twist
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
www.rateoftwist.com
A little over 4 years ago I got in on the Patriot Valley John Hancock rifle, that never materialized. No, I’m not here to crap on PVA…

Got my deposit back and went on my way after 18 months.

At some point during COVID / 2020 American Rifle Company had a sale on Nucleus 1.1(1.2?) full rifle builds with PVA barrels for $2k. I missed out, but got a call a few days later that someone backed out on a 6mm Creedmoor build. The credit card came out and the rifle shipped.

After receiving the rifle it was apparent there was a sharp edge in the chamber putting some deep scratches in brass, so it went back to ARC, and then subsequently back to PVA.

The issue was resolved, at no cost to me, with terrific communication on both the part of ARC and PVA.

Then 2021, bought a new house, sold a house, sold some land… never made it to the range in all the chaos.

After over 4 years made it to the range for the first time with my ARC / PVA. The first time I have shot anything other than rim fire in 2 years and was blown away with the first 40 rounds of Hornady Match 108s that went through my rifle.

It certainly didn’t go as I thought it would when placing a deposit, but as far as I’m concerned I would gladly hand over the cash to ARC or PVA again and wish them all them best as clearly they have an amazing product. I, frankly, don’t shoot this well. I know 200 yards is nothing to this rifle, but it’s all I had available on that day - look forward to stretching to 600 soon.

Attachments

• 0C7F3833-1E20-43F4-AAF5-5AA222BEE25A.jpeg
    0C7F3833-1E20-43F4-AAF5-5AA222BEE25A.jpeg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 3C8A6F61-0374-4D21-9153-135207B190DB.jpeg
    3C8A6F61-0374-4D21-9153-135207B190DB.jpeg
    881.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 6E9D2B53-9DBB-401C-8846-749DFD015D00.jpeg
    6E9D2B53-9DBB-401C-8846-749DFD015D00.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 303
Like, 4 years without shooting a precision rifle at ALL?? That gives me the tremors just thinking about it. 😂. Glad to see you are out shooting again, and congrats on the fine rifle.

Like, 4 years without shooting a precision rifle at ALL?? That gives me the tremors just thinking about it. 😂. Glad to see you are out shooting again, and congrats on the fine rifle.
The John Hancock was going to be my first precision rifle… I bought a Vudoo as well and only had 100 rounds through that before COVID shutdowns

Good shooting. I had serial #00002 john Hancock. Loved it and miss it quite often. That rifle will serve you well for as long as you have it.

Reactions: Rate_of_Twist
Good shooting. I had serial #00002 john Hancock. Loved it and miss it quite often. That rifle will serve you well for as long as you have it.
To be honest, I’m glad I ended up with the ARC rifle - I love the chassis over the Bravo. I have the Bravo on my Vudoo, and want to upgrade it to the ARC chassis.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Congrats on being back in the game and good shooting. I love my ARC products and PVA barrels. Good stuff we are blessed with these days.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
What are these Covid shutdowns y’all are talking about? Ranges stayed open here. Must have been shooting at government facilities…..

Reactions: 308pirate
I’d like to sell a few to fund that rifle…. If I could get a different caliber

I’m new to precision shooting and would like to get my hands on some of these. How many John Hancocks are out there. I just started looking and seems they aren’t being made.