• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater American Sniper

Not holding my breathe. Chris Kyle's book was a great read and very insightful...that said in all fairness I can't imagine it having a linear storyline that a movie needs to be well written.

i bet they leave out the part when he saw wmd's in iraq im sure it will be worth watching but it still wont be as good as the book

You can't please everyone.

But you can tell the truth, or at least the story as it's told.

Your average civilian, who has no regard of anything military, will see the "Directed by Steven Spielberg" part on a advertisement on the front, and think, "Wow, that sounds like a movie I would want to see."

Meanwhile, there will be some of us, with prior or current military experience, who will be picking over who is going to be handling this movie, their past movies, and building up an idea of might really happen in the movie, and how inaccurate it might end up becoming.

You might think that a certain bit of leeway should be granted to a movie, out of entertainment. I would agree if I haven't already seen great liberties being taken throughout many war movies, that were suppose to be based off true events.

***I forgot to add that there are members here who might have a personal interest in Chris Kyle's story. I unfortunately didn't know the man, I wish I did, but something he said touched me very powerfully, so I've got a dog in this fight. It might be a bit smaller compared to other member's dogs, but it still has a powerful bite.

Last edited:
People still can't connect why Iran all the sudden got all this nuclear technology.

Not like Iran and Iraq are right next to each other. End sarcasm, and nothing follows...

The link says Bradley Cooper is playing Chris Kyle.

I couldn't see this working out...Cooper could not pull it off.

I believe Marcus Luttrell's book "lone survivor" finished filming in new mexico. Mark Walberg plays Marcus.
[video=youtube;aNUr__-VZeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ[/video]

Hehe, I think he's trying to lecture me on movie making? ;)

No, but if Cooper is in it, I got a chance of seeing it with the wife. As long as it is resonably accurate I won't have an issue.

As a side note, the wife isn't completely stupid, when I was in the suck, before his book came out, she met and spoke with Gunny Hathcock, she knows who he was. Her brother just got back from Afghanistan. If Cooper is a putz she'll know.

I'm pretty sure Cooper is one of the "celebrities" that spoke out against guns/gun rights and he is going to profit from this movie... the book was good but with him in it, I don't want to watch it because of his stance on our gun rights.

Hehe, I think he's trying to lecture me on movie making? ;)

Me? No. I was letting you know why more veterans end up watching more documentaries, than action movies that are, "based on a true story."

I'm pretty sure Cooper is one of the "celebrities" that spoke out against guns/gun rights and he is going to profit from this movie... the book was good but with him in it, I don't want to watch it because of his stance on our gun rights.

suspicious about Cooper ? ...with a movie director and producer as mr.Spielberg ? ...I think any doubt can be well founded, indeed _

EXACTLY how I feel. I don't give a rip how "good" a movie's supposed to be, if I find out the actors, the producers, are working actively to subvert my rights, I don't rent/pay to see their crap.

I'm almost at the point of completely boycotting movies/film/TV entirely, but I'm hooked on "Ancient Aliens" and "Being Human."

But if I find out those actors on SYFY are working against my liberty, I'm done with it.

Yes I love how these millionaires who have no idea about the real world lecture us on guns. Then turn around and make millions more making gun movies!! I don't support the ass bags!!

Last edited:
I just hope it is accurate an follows the book. When I see a show about snipers or movie with all the fake scope reticles and crap like that I just change the channel.