• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Americans Filed Over Half a Million NFA Applications in 2020

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    One take-away from the article is that the ATF's new program of increasing diversity is supposed to reduce the backlog and wait times of processing NFA applications.

2390AE12-9F71-43AA-831E-206573DF2E79.jpeg

Three things of note from a NFA suppressor noobie who is still waiting on my stamp. One, damn that's a lot of NFA items. Two, the military has to register their suppressors?? I guess I get it in case someone steals one but still. Three, how did they process more form 4s than they received?

Three things of note from a NFA suppressor noobie who is still waiting on my stamp. One, damn that's a lot of NFA items. Two, the military has to register their suppressors?? I guess I get it in case someone steals one but still. Three, how did they process more form 4s than they received?
    Carry over from 2019

People wonder why the government won't get rid of the NFA......247,000 just form 1 and 4 a year, at $200 a pop, that's oh a nice $50 million in fees.

So I'm one of 62,936.

With the # of forms filed dropping from 2020, you'd think they'd be getting faster.

But this is a .gov agency and efficient is a word not in their vocabulary.

Great to see. But like someone said above super frustrating that the government collected $100,000,000 in revenue off of one of our basic human, constitutional rights.

And proceeds to take that $100mil and make a process that is more fucked up than football bat leading to 6-12month waits.

Reactions: earthquake
    Great to see. But like someone said above super frustrating that the government collected $100,000,000 in revenue off of one of our basic human, constitutional rights.

And proceeds to take that $100mil and make a process that is more fucked up than football bat leading to 6-12month waits.

Agreed. The problem with registration, as we've always said, is that it makes it easier for confiscation.

With that said, I wonder how many of the 500,000 NFA applicants, and the ones before 2020, will give up the property that they paid for as well as the taxes on it.

When the ATF sends them the registered letter, are they going to turn in those NFA items?

My question is rhetorical and it is probably best that nobody answers for themselves. I'm curious if anyone here would speculate on the amount of compliance the holders of NFA items will adhere to.