• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Available, Prime has a Deal for SH Members

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Update on PRIME and Free Shipping for Sniper's Hide members

Hi Frank,

Please let your members know that we were able to purchase one last production run of 2 different ammunition products (see details below) from The Peterson Cartridge Company-owned SPARK Munitions before they ceased operations at SPARK a couple of months ago due to lack of components. We have the ammunition in our possession, it ships within two business days of purchase and we are offering your members free shipping to help, at least a little bit, in reducing the sting of what is an industry-wide massive shortage in components, sky-high acquisition costs (if you can find them), and crazy high retail costs.

Please have them use this code to get free shipping: FRANKBOSS1

I'm sure all your members will wonder how we ever came up with that code :) We'll open this offer to everyone else in a few days as we have a pretty decent slug of each. But for now, we are happy to offer it exclusively to Sniper's Hide members.

Please also tell your members, in whatever way you see fit, that Terry Peterson was extraordinarily generous in giving PRIME the first opportunity at some very nice 6mm Creedmoor topped with a 107gr. SMK and also some fantastic 308 Win. in a 168gr. Nosler RDF. Terry told me that the Peterson brass company is still operating, he expects that to continue, and I'd like to plug them through you if possible and remind Hide members that they sell their top-notch brass on Graff & Sons.

Fortunately for PRIME, Alpha Munitions and Eagle Eye Precision have teamed up to provide PRIME with extraordinary loaded ammunition products. We just finished meeting our November 15th deadline on completely fulfilling our last group purchase for PRIME headstamped, Alpha OCD 6.5 Creedmoor with a 140gr. Berger hybrid loaded to the kernel by Eagle Eye.

Moving forward we'll have more offerings from this combination of suppliers. We want to very sincerely thank Terry and Rick Peterson and everyone at Peterson Cartridge for seeing PRIME through some of the most extraordinarily difficult times that anyone alive today can remember and I'm very proud that we were SPARK's biggest customer by far. Without the Peterson's it's very likely that PRIME wouldn't have made it and we are very sorry to see them shut down operations at SPARK, hopefully, it's only temporary, and that they get things rolling again once components become available.

However, as one door closes another opens and we are thrilled to be working with the Danielson brothers and their teammates at Alpha along with Justin Brown's crew at Eagle Eye. The combination of Alpha's OCD brass and EE's loading capabilities have provided PRIME with MADE IN THE USA products that I'd put up against anything in the industry.

I'm sorry we are not in a position to do more for your membership at this moment in time. I feel an intense amount of loyalty to your members and to you personally for all that Sniper's Hide has done to further PRIME's mission to get more Ladies and young Americans shooting in partnership with their parents. Thank you again for your continued support and know that as soon as PRIME is able, we'll be putting more offers out and we'll always keep Sniper's Hide at the top of the list to get special deals out to your members whenever we can.

Maybe we can do a survey in the near future in order to learn what your members would like to see from us next? Given what's still going on, by no means will it be easy going forward but at least we are...going forward!

Respectfully,

--
    Jim O'Shaughnessy, CEO
    PRIME

Link to 6mm
    https://www.primeammo.com/ammunition/prime-6mm-creedmoor-otm-107gr-match-case.html

image.png

Link to Ammo
    https://www.primeammo.com/ammunition/prime-308-win-otm-168gr-match-case.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 2.05.20 PM.png

Question though, shutdown as in forever or just till they can get component?
    and we are very sorry to see them shut down operations at SPARK, hopefully, it's only temporary, and that they get things rolling again once components become available.
    They don’t know.

P.S. I’d say Frank knows better than we do, so see his answer right above mine.

Same Peterson who makes the Peterson brass I use for 338LM?

If so, are these a collectors item now?

the brass business will remain for a bit, but their Ammo business is shutting down

I am not sure the history of the brass side, whether it will continue or for how long, but they are closing down Spark which is who they had a part in for loaded ammo

Reactions: lash
    Peterson / Spark is a shutdown forever, Alpha is moving forward with Eagle
    I’ve had the opportunity to talk w Jim on a few occasions and thoroughly enjoyed the conversations. He’s a hell of a nice guy w a very positive outlook.

I still have a few cases of his 6.5 cm w 142 SMK and they shoot very well…well, better than I do, at least.

I sort of read the above that Peterson is still operating and Sparks would reopen again once components again became available.

Is this incorrect?

Thanks for passing this on.

Dang. Crazy times. Thanks for sharing this. It’s pricey but it’s good ammo. Still have 2 cases of the OG RUAG
    I also still have two cases of the original RUAG Prime .260 ammo. That is good stuff and the brass is great. One thing about Prime that I can say is that they are continually sourcing about the best brass and loading that they can. There’s no doubt about that.

I also still have two cases of the original RUAG Prime .260 ammo. That is good stuff and the brass is great. One thing about Prime that I can say is that they are continually sourcing about the best brass and loading that they can. There’s no doubt about that.
    I got 2 cases of that too.

Reactions: lash
    I was able to get out today and shoot some of the Prime for this deal,

I had a few hiccups and originally planned a video, that will come tomorrow as my downrange card was bad. Also, not to be upstaged by a defective SD Card, I showed up without my bolt for my 308 so that killed that part of it. Regardless it was a good day of shooting, the results were impressive

I shot the new 6.5CM and the 6CM, one with a 140, the other with a 107. The numbers for both were solid, SDs were 13-14fps each test, which could easily change with a different barrel. One was a Bartlein the other a Tac Ops.

The 6CM was going 3025fps out of a 26" barrel the 6.6CM was going 2650fps out of an 18" barrel. Drops were solid, and consistent.

IMG_2291.JPG

I did change my POA a tiny bit, that far away it looked off to me and I had the camera (that didn't work in the way) and that had me thinking I might Nic a leg of the tripod, but still super solid group

More at 800 yards
    IMG_2292.JPG

I will head back to the range tomorrow, already put my rifle together correctly and formatted every SD for the Go Pros, but overall I was happy with the performance from this buy.

Went out today with the Ammo, this time had a new card in the camera and remembered the bolt for the Tac Ops, which are still damn impressive rifles I don't care what people say, Mike builds a heck of a gun.

But you can't overlook look my Fritz Gun in the APAC chassis, that guy is no slouch either.

Great shooting Frank and just for the record I don't care what people say either lol. I'll just catch them slippin coming out of their house (s) Haha

Mike R

Prime Ammunition
    Just placed an online order. Got a thank you callback with the order confirmation.
    Sweet to deal/support with a Hide Vendor and a Company that looks out for us deplorables!

Just so everyone knows, Spark Munitions is not out of business. They were purchased by Lake Martin Machine Gun out of Alabama. I recently saw product for sale on the website.

Welp... if they retain stock well I will just buy my ammo from Prime. Nice. Just wish June 1st wasn't the ship date for the 6.5 CM deal they have going on. I need 6.5 CM for an appropriate price like I need Jessica Alba to be my girl... I know it's not going to happen, but man... I want.

She is a hottie but a confirmed leftist and feminist. Sorry about the thread derail and kick in the nuts. (You could just put “into the blue” on a continuous loop at my house.)

She is a hottie but a confirmed leftist and feminist. Sorry about the thread derail and kick in the nuts. (You could just put “into the blue” on a continuous loop at my house.)

I'm willing to live with it. It's Jessica Alba.

Reactions: Stoweit