• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Case

tnester1

Former Sheepdog
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2017
This is a Harbor Freight knock off pelican case with 2 layers of pick'n pluck foam. I removed every other piece on the first layer. Bottom layer left intact. This allows the tip to pierce the foam and isolate it from bouncing around. Cheap solution that results in a smile every time you open it....while full.
20190216_133731.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a hard case.

The only problem I see with this case is that 12x8 isnt 100. What are you doing with the other 4? The only logical idea is loading a mag.

Nice idea though!
Deano

The only problem I see with this case is that 12x8 isnt 100. What are you doing with the other 4? The only logical idea is loading a mag.

Nice idea though!
Deano

Hey Deano,
You are correct and it killed me to not get the full 100 in there. The only positive I found to the reduced number is 4 less shoulder thumps...lol!

Thanks,
Travis

I just ran to town and picked up one. Id seen them there in the past I just never thought about using them like that.
Xdeano

Open it up in the store and verify there are 2 foam layers. Bought a 2nd one recently and it was one thick layer.

The one I bought had two pluck and pull layers and a solid layer on the bottom and an eggshell layer for the lid.

Xdeano

Oh man... and just to think I was going to shell out 75 bucks for a fancy ammo case... Definitely not doing so anymore!!! Great idea OP!

Reactions: tnester1