• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ammo Choice

JesusQueen

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
What does anyone think of PRVI 308 168GR HPBT MATCH AMMUNITION? Im wondering how it compares to FGMM.

Its priced very well so I'd love to order bulk of it.

Thanks, Brian

Re: Ammo Choice

I have tried it in 3 different rifles and none of them liked it very well. On that note, the brass has reloaded well.

I think you should do a search.

This question is asked weekly.

Prvi sucks.

If you are on a budget buy the USA Ammo or the American Eagle 168 grain OTM.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What matters is how well your barrel likes the "PRVI 308 168GR HPBT Match Ammunition".</span>

If it shoots well for you then great. If not, try some other brand of match ammo. Buy a box of everything you can find and see what works for you.

For whatever reason, my rifle really likes the Hornady 168 gr A-Max Match ammo which is $10 a box LESS than Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. At the same time, my rifle does NOT like <span style="font-weight: bold">Nosler 168</span> grain Match ammo, <span style="font-weight: bold">Hornady 178</span> grain Match or the <span style="font-weight: bold">Hornady 155</span> grain A-Max ammo (shoots the 155's ok, but not well enough to be a go-to ammo).

Or, buy a basic reloading kit and start loading your own ammo until you find that specific load that your barrel likes.

good luck and good shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icallem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tried it in 3 different rifles and none of them liked it very well. On that note, the brass has reloaded well. </div></div>

+1. Only tried some in my TRG 22 and it didn't like it. Gave brass to my brother. Only use lapua brass.