• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo company expands

JoshPutman

Make tar and feathers great again.
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2020
Michigan

I just saw this, and I'm not sure it's been talked about prior. If so, I missed it.

Anyway, I've never heard of this ammo company.

On their "our Company" page
"We have a set of values that drive and determine how we do business. We’re committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world."
I feel warm all over! :ROFLMAO:

Read the home page, not intended for civilian use??
You can kiss ammo components good by!

Hopefully not. If they supply to LE and MIL only, then that will free up capacity of the manufacturers that sell to civilians and govt.
Also, a company policy today can be changed by a board of directors vote tomorrow.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Hopefully not. If they supply to LE and MIL only, then that will free up capacity of the manufacturers that sell to civilians and govt.
Also, a company policy today can be changed by a board of directors vote tomorrow.
The problem is : resources in this cases primer compounds, powders, brass, copper and lead will be supplied to companies with Gov't contracts before us. It is happening in aviation, we are having a hard time getting bearings and rubber goods. JMO

Reactions: Sblzrd65
The problem is : resources in this cases primer compounds, powders, brass, copper and lead will be supplied to companies with Gov't contracts before us. It is happening in aviation, we are having a hard time getting bearings and rubber goods. JMO
A lot of things are difficult to get right now...

I don't know what the fuck is going on with Square D... We needed a 3 pole breaker to get a customers equipment back up and running. We were told it would be 6 weeks minimum.

We had to buy a used one off of Ebay. No shit.

Fucking ridiculous.

Mike

Its a CIA front to reduce civilian supplies (sarcasm but maybe true 🤣)
We laugh but I've started to wonder if all of the conflicts we're involved in are to bleed the civilian market dry of "excess" ammunition/components.

We're lowest priority... Not to mention the added "fuck you" of funding the bastards causing this mess.

Mike

A lot of things are difficult to get right now...

I don't know what the fuck is going on with Square D... We needed a 3 pole breaker to get a customers equipment back up and running. We were told it would be 6 weeks minimum.

We had to buy a used one off of Ebay. No shit.

Fucking ridiculous.

Mike

Where have you been? That started almost 4 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Expert684
Where have you been? That started almost 4 years ago.
Actually, it’s been an issue for longer than that. If the breaker isn’t current production, availability for right now is almost always the used or secondary sellers. I bought many used and out of stock items from eBay and other sellers that specialize in these markets in order to keep older plants running with minimal delay. Sometimes $1500-3000 for a certified used breaker.

As to the expansion of the above ammo plant, all of that mealy-mouthed inclusion stuff is pure government contact talk. It wouldn’t surprise me if it also was minority or female or minority female owned and operated <insert air quotes above as appropriate> also.

I’m of two minds on this.

1) As mentioned above, another draw on resources that could go to commercial sales.
2) More competition increases the resource pool as suppliers ramp up to meet higher demand. This drives down prices in the long run (a la contract overruns at Lake City).

These folks seem more like a supplier to other ammo companies than a manufacturer, but expanding more into small arms business. Yeah, the DEI smoke signals bother me, but anyone with a .gov contract these days has to have that crap posted…not too concerned.

—-

What’s more interesting to me is to ask the questions “why here?” and “why now?”

$125M is a relatively paltry sum in the MIC world, but not insignificant; especially in light of the specifics of the offerings being produced at this site. Someone‘s gearing up for a ground war.

Lizard brain is wondering if I can buy stock in that company… 🤔

I’m of two minds on this.

1) As mentioned above, another draw on resources that could go to commercial sales.
2) More competition increases the resource pool as suppliers ramp up to meet higher demand. This drives down prices in the long run (a la contract overruns at Lake City).

These folks seem more like a supplier to other ammo companies than a manufacturer, but expanding more into small arms business. Yeah, the DEI smoke signals bother me, but anyone with a .gov contract these days has to have that crap posted…not too concerned.

—-

What’s more interesting to me is to ask the questions “why here?” and “why now?”

$125M is a relatively paltry sum in the MIC world, but not insignificant; especially in light of the specifics of the offerings being produced at this site. Someone‘s gearing up for a ground war.

Lizard brain is wondering if I can buy stock in that company… 🤔

As long as Ukraine sucks up all the raw material base for artillery shells no dice.

Imagine how much gunpowder could be made from material used for a single 155mmm shell propellant charge. You are looking at bucket loads of

Looks like over 30lbs of powder for the long range charges , and they are talking about million+ of these per year
2024-01-13_23h39_32.png

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago reading about a new primer plant being built in I think Texas. I haven't seen or heard anything since.

Reactions: 91Eunozs