• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo In The Local Stores

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
Went in Academy today to browse. Except for a few boxes of oddball .22 and some scattered boxes of shot shells, there was NO pistol or rifle ammo. The long gun rack behind the counter was 2/3 empty.
I talked to a buddy that's close to Houston and he said the Academy stores down there were wiped out also. I guess the panic craze has hot the shooting industries. Glad I'm good on firearms and reloading stuff. If you don't reload, now might be a good time to consider it.

Something wrong with these stupid people in VA....Bass Pro was pretty well stocked. Plenty of rifle calibers to choose from, low pickings on handgun ammo.

i hope you didn't really need anything.
living on the left coast, i am well provisioned in case of any government restrictions.

As said "real need".....I'm too well versed in having enough on hand, if that's even possible. LOL

I'm always buying "one more..." of something.

Reactions: theLBC
I was in Academy last week maybe 5 days ago- needed some subsonic 22 cause the damn squirrels are digging up the vegetable garden. Plenty of everything on the shelf. Went back today to get another box of 22s and the shelves were completely empty for everything except lots of 6.5 Creedmoor, 22 WMR, and lucky for me some 22 CB shorts which fit the bill fine.

There have been plenty of reasons to panic buy ammo in the past but fighting the flu just isnt one of them.

Many Interesting things have come from this B/S. Those who were wanting to wipe the 2A out, now want to protect their self's from their own kind. What do you mean I can't buy a gun on line! Wait 14days, I have a fucking need ring fucking now not 14 days from now. I can't buy a gun w/o a FOID card what the fuck is that about? What do you mean I can't but ammo w/o a permission slip, I'm an American!! What do you mean you don't do straw-man deals? Hey I'll pay 25 buck more for that gun than what this place will. Why would you do that? Those assholes on the phone said denied an these pricks will not sell me a gun, would 50 or 100 close the deal?

Some funny shit going on out there,...over a trumped up political pissing match.

Many Interesting things have come from this B/S. Those who were wanting to wipe the 2A out, now want to protect their self's from their own kind. What do you mean I can't buy a gun on line! Wait 14days, I have a fucking need ring fucking now not 14 days from now. I can't buy a gun w/o a FOID card what the fuck is that about? What do you mean I can't but ammo w/o a permission slip, I'm an American!! What do you mean you don't do straw-man deals? Hey I'll pay 25 buck more for that gun than what this place will. Why would you do that? Those assholes on the phone said denied an these pricks will not sell me a gun, would 50 or 100 close the deal?

Some funny shit going on out there,...over a trumped up political pissing match.
i am amused at how many people believed obama when he lied about how easy it is to buy and gun.
many idiots are actually surprised they can't plunk down some cash a go home with a firearm.

Reactions: Darayavaus
You know you have enough when a national emergency is declared and buyin ammo doesn't cross the mind.

I ain't gonna lie - I did place a last-minute order for .22LR last weekend. My boys are gonna be home from school for the next month, and I don't want to dip too far into the strategic reserve to feed our 10/22s.

Reactions: DIBBS and Inifinty
It will pass.

If you're buying ammo as you shoot it, you haven't learned a thing.

The good news is, when this all dies down, there are going to be a lot of panic educated people who just weeks ago would have told you that you don't need 30 rounds, an AR, body armor, comms or anything who no longer believe that because they're now buying them.

With any luck we start seeing civil disobiedience in places like CA now that they've figured out how fucked they are because of their muppet level politicians.

Guns and ammo are flying off the shelves here in Missouri and Kansas. Good thing I have plenty of both. Well, you never have enough
but I've have plenty that haven't been loaded yet. Looks like I may have plenty of time to reload if this shit continues. I worked the streets
during the H2N1 virus which killed thousands and mainstream media was silent during it. I'm not down playing this but christ the media has caused a wide spread panic that it will take years to recover from.

Here is what totally pisses me off.
Someone you've dealt with for 20 years decides he's jumping on the "Cheaper Than Dirt" bandwagon.

When I buy, I usually buy 5k to 10k at a time and over the years I have sent a lot of people his way.
Not anymore because out of curiosity I looked at his site today, he jacked up Wolf Gold to $459 a thousand.

I won't post up his info.
He does a pretty high volume that is comparable to Target sports.
All his steady locals have already voiced their concerns and called him a traitorous greedy bastard.

We've been fortunate the last 3 years where we've enjoyed low prices.
If you were foolish and didn't start stocking some ammo these last few years you've already lost half the battle.

This time last year I was buying 1st rate Federal & Lake City 5.56 for $225 a thousand.
For almost 11 months Target sports had their 22LR offerings on a rotating schedule and I was getting everything for almost $0.03 a round

How did Trump.say it, "We're Going To Fill Her Up"

I went to a Cal Ranch store to get propane yesterday, they have a decent gun section. They had about 15 less common pistols in the case (mostly low to mid range 1911’s), some .22 rifles and hunting long guns, and small quantities of most calibers except 9mm and .223. They were rationing at 2 boxes per group of people.

There was a constant stream of people buying propane.

I work in a midsize farm store and we do sell quite a few firearms. This last week has been, for lack of a better word, friggen nuts. I had one guy buy a handgun. He liked it 'cause it was "light".....I asked him if he owned any handguns and his response was "no". I asked if he knew how to use the safety, again, "no". I told him that he really should buy a revolver as they were much easier to use. He told me he wanted a gun with plenty of "bullets".....Really? WTF...Took his $650.00....I filled out the paperwork.....and told him the wait for approval was 2 to 3 hours....He got kinda pissed off....came back three hours later and walked out with the firearm and one box of ammo.

He is all set for the up coming zombie hoards....

Oh well, ya cannot fix STUPID!

Only thing I did was went, oh, a panic buy? Guess I'll buy something I've been putting off. Which was just 5 boxes of 300Blk Sub-X. And that was online. Haven't even tried my LGS but he keeps people updated on FB. He just got a drum of 5.56 ammo, unlimited purchase of boxed up 100 rounds from it. 8 cases of Frontier 223 68gr, but that is limited purchase of 5 boxes, and 10 P365 pistols.
Is not that bad I don't think. But I already have my own stockpile where I keep an excel spreadsheet. I might buy a couple hundred of the drum ammo. Need some practice.

I will give Target sports credit.
They did NOT go crazy on their prices, things look like business as usual.

25 years of handloading has put me in the comfortable position of watching the ammo panic shit show from the sidelines. I think I'll self quarantine and load some more.:giggle:
Not been at it for quite that long (19 years) but yeah............the brown fairy just dropped off another 400 178 ELD-Xs and 4000 124 gr 9 mm bullets. The one tomorrow is coming with 6K pistol primers.

Reactions: NCHillbilly
The dumb asses came out in western Co. in the last week jeez it is as bad as the obammie panic people buying ammo they will not shoot and reloading supplies they do not have a use for. It will make yard sales good though?