• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo run

Snuby642

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Good grief.

• Love
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    Whatever motivates manufacturers to manufacture is good by me.

Ive been private purchasing 30-06 FGMM from a guy for the last 4 months at less than .308 prices.

Ammo availability/pricing after experiencing the panic of 2012 is causing me to come across such good deals my reloading has all but stopped.

Noticed prices going up slightly since the 1st of the year after all the black friday and xmas sales.

Maybe that's normal.

Whatever motivates manufacturers to manufacture is good by me.

Ive been private purchasing 30-06 FGMM from a guy for the last 4 months at less than .308 prices.

Ammo availability/pricing after experiencing the panic of 2012 is causing me to come across such good deals my reloading has all but stopped.

Damn, nice hookup.

Im paying about 22-23 a box for 168gr 3006 GMM. :(

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Damn, nice hookup.

Im paying about 22-23 a box for 168gr 3006 GMM. :(

Thats not a bad price.

Im up to 8 cases.

PM for an email address. The sooner he sells out I can stop buying the shit and start getting some more .308 175 SMK.

• Haha
    Reactions: Bender and Maggot
    Must be all the Butt Pirates stocking up on ammo to come and steal @TheGerman 's stash of Walmart TP.

Edit: Looking at the figures in the linked article, I can never understand why people think an exorbitant stash of handgun ammo is needed for an emergency.

Ammoseek.com

I use it a lot. It's a good site to find the lowest prices per round if you don't mind using internet sites you may not have heard of.

Reactions: Mwalex
    Noticed prices going up slightly since the 1st of the year after all the black friday and xmas sales.

Maybe that's normal.
    I've been stock pilling for years.

Federal 5.56 in 20 round boxes 55 or 62gr were at an all time low last year
    $225 a thousand shipped to my door.

Target sports had most 22LR @ $0.03 a round for a goid six months,free shipping.

Puffftttt,who buys 40S&W

Yes, because the draconian gun ban and confiscations Northam and Bloomberg tried in Virginia starting at this time had nothing to do with the ammo run...… MSM propaganda.

Edit: Looking at the figures in the linked article, I can never understand why people think an exorbitant stash of handgun ammo is needed for an emergency.

Zombie Apocalypse. If youre a Fudd headshots are tough.

Target sports had most 22LR @ $0.03 a round for a goid six months,free shipping.

Puffftttt,who buys 40S&W

Pretty much. Ammo has been so cheap that I’ve only loaded for my F-class and bench rest rifles. I’ve bought ammo for my other calibers. No 40 S&W though, because I don’t get down with gay shit like that.

Anyone have experience with Creedmoor ammunition?

At one time they sold ammo on the CMP website...and maybe still do but I am being lazy.

Anyways, if so, what has been your experience with their ammo?

At one time they sold ammo on the CMP website...and maybe still do but I am being lazy.

Ive bought their 30-06 premium ammo from the CMP website, Lapua case, Lapua Scenar.

It is great ammo.

Reactions: OldSalty
    Thank you brother. Going to order a case and check it out...

Expensive stuff but it shoots well....

1588425363127.png

1588425404009.png

They have a Camdex loading machine in Anniston.

Shot a case of 308, reloading the Lapua brass from that case these days...

That's like saying 'No thanks, I have enough money' when someone hands you a stack of Benjamins.

No, it just mean's that I'm not standing in front of Academy waiting for the doors to open so i can run to the gun counter and fight over a box of 22s.
    I bought 2000 9mm bullets and an 8" jug of H4350 a couple weeks ago, not out of panic, but because I wanted to.

Now, if you want to hand me a box of ammunition, or a stack of Benjamins, to test that theory, you are more than welcome. 😁

One of the large sporting goods stores here in my area was closed since mid-March due to the Corona hoax.

They re-opened on Monday at 9am. I figured they closed before the real panic set in and they probably had a good selection of ammo. So what do I do? I get my ass there at 9am sharp this Monday. Sure enough, shelves were stocked with everything at normal prices. They had a limit of 5 boxes per "style". So I bought a shit load. And I wasn't the only one doing it. I figured they would be cleaned out by the next day.

Sad to say my go to is getting ammo back in and is pushing the limit on prices.

everywhere I’ve looked is price gouging. I’m ok but I shoot a lot so my stockpile dwindles quick. But I’m not going to pay most of the prices I’ve seen. Hell I was getting 9mm for $140-$160 shipped per thousand. Now it’s 2x that for shit Ammo.

Reactions: Sgt47
    everywhere I’ve looked is price gouging. I’m ok but I shoot a lot so my stockpile dwindles quick. But I’m not going to pay most of the prices I’ve seen. Hell I was getting 9mm for $140-$160 shipped per thousand. Now it’s 2x that for shit Ammo.
    I'm not going to throw the gouging accusation, but $8.99 for Wolf Gold 55 grain. At $300ish a case it was $6 a box. I never paid attention to the per job price before but I know it wasn't a 30% price cut by the case. 9mm was $180 a case and its $13 a box. We'll see where prices fall next month.

I'm more irked that I didn't order 55 grain bullets at a nickel a piece. Wollf 55 grain by the 4 k.

Fuck all that. . My local gun store / indoor range carries powder and pistol caliber bullets . I picked up 8lbs of CFE223 about 3 w÷ks ago . Still sitting on 8lbs of titegroup .
    He picks up what he can and doesn't gouge . I need 8lbs of something to feed my. AR10 . Waiting for him to get some 4064 . As far as bullets go it seems that all the .308 caliber bullets went up online or are limited availability. Fuckin theives .

Edit. I just spent $32 on Winchester larve pistol primers crom my local guy . That's cheaper than the $37 he charged me cor small pistol primers last September .

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Alpha, plenty of components. It's not worth the time to reload 9 mm and 55 grain .223 most of the time. I buy Wolf Gold for 28 to 30 cents a round, to reload it were about 18 to 20 cents. For now I'll load match ammo, 77 SMK's or Bull's Eye .45 rounds and buy bulk range ammo and carry ammo. Nothing against handloads, just don't shoot enough to make it worth loading. I only shoot my carry mags once or twice a year to rotate fresh ammo in.

I have to laugh at 65 cent a round Green Tips. Razor core is only .75 if your not loading.

Things are calming down. A couple weeks backorder on some things, but primers, powder, and bullets have all 3 flowed in modest time for me in the last month. Ammunition- locally most calibers, including 5.56 m855 and M-193 are available on the shelf with a small price increase. 300 blackout supersonic ammo is still unheard of.

Puffftttt,who buys 40S&W
    Where this at?

From daily checking, inventory seems to somewhat be recovering from an overall perspective.

2 places I frequent, Sgammo and outdoorlimited are quite high, with as much as 80% markup on pistol calibers like 9mm and .357 mag. I need neither of these calibers (I own only a single shot 12ga) but like to track the prices.

.223/5.56 in the same boat with high markups.

Strangely, 6.5creedmoor, .30-06 and other rifle calibers have increased about 15% but nowhere near as much as .223.

In case anyone is shopping a local guy has this stuff for sale and in stock. Seems like good prices for the times. I have no dog in this if youre interested pm me and Ill send you contact infl.

Ammo for sale
    -$360 per case Federal XM193 1000rd 75 cases available
    -$340 per case Norma Tactical .223 1000rd 40 cases available

Reactions: Bender
    Waiting for 5 cent a piece bullets to get back in stock, I'll accept 7 cents. Right now 11 cents. I might have to consider .45 ACP as load not buy pretty soon. It is going to drift over 400 a case.

LoL at 9mm FMJ prices...TF.

Good thing all I have and will ever need is this 12ga shotty. So, tracking prices is just a hobby.

But if I were looking, there is a decent deal on 75gr Hornady Black .223 on outdoor limited...still a bit inflated by about 1.50 per box. I hear it shoots pretty good out to 600.

But WTF sellers...the 9mm and other popular handgun prices are outrageous. Are yall getting bent over from the manufacturers or just making some extra coin on the March/April record setting new gun purchases? Yes/yes?

A friend of mine owns an ammo manufacturing company. His components are costing more now. He is having to compete with the panic buying on things like primers and bullets, so he has to pass the additional cost along. Last week he was not even able to get small pistol primers.

A friend of mine owns an ammo manufacturing company. His components are costing more now. He is having to compete with the panic buying on things like primers and bullets, so he has to pass the additional cost along. Last week he was not even able to get small pistol primers.

Can you hook a brother up?

Can you hook a brother up?
    I couldn't even hook this brother up. I needed primers. I shoot steel challenge 3 weekends per month and burn through some 9. He told me that this is worse than the run back in the Obama days. I suspect that is because there was nothing leading up to the panic that signaled a need for more supply.

I was in a shop yesterday. Prices are up. Speer Lawman 9 mm was $24 for 50, Federal Hydra Shok was $51 for 50. .45 Federal HST was $44 for 50. No HST in 9mm. I can buy long range rifle ammo for less.

I know they were a boutique shop, specializing in Silencers, "high end" AR's, and AR parts but damn pricy on ammo.

Yes, I bought my one box of .45 HST for the year. Still looking for the 9mm for the year.

Check Powder Valley; they never price gouge. If the price is higher, it's because their price went up. Good folks there, that have always been fair.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    I went into Shooter's World last week with my daughter.
    Decided to look at rimfire prices.
    The most outrageous price was $29.95 for a box of Federal 17 HMR.
    Holy fookin shit!
    Natchez or Midsouth has it in stock for $9.96...

yea sadly as the sales have gone up so to have the prices almost doubled or more , unlike the supply that's out there has gone down way down .

It was (is?) absolutely everyone. From the people I've talked to about it, they fell into 3 categories:

- People who had maybe a pistol and hunting rifle but not a general interest in firearms like my parents even though both were at some point in the US .mil. All of a sudden I was getting calls about what carbine, red dot and ammo to buy.

- People who had an interest in firearms but had a bunch of oddball calibers, random 'cool' guns and all sorts of random shit. All of a sudden it was wanting to buy 5.56 and 9mm/45ACP in bulk instead of their weird ass shit they usually shot that 'was better'.

- People who were anti gun or at least would always go on with the 'why do you have that much ammo, why do you need more than 1 gun, you dont need body armor, you dont need that' who were now asking where/how to buy a pistol, carbine and 10k rounds of ammo and/or wanting me to lend them a weapon.

The retarded thing is 99.9% of them wouldn't be able to properly use the weapon to defend themselves anyways, have no idea about and/or no interest in actually training/leanring how to use the weapon and the ammo they are now sitting on, causing the price increases, will basically never come out of the box.

The retarded thing is 99.9% of them wouldn't be able to properly use the weapon to defend themselves anyways, have no idea about and/or no interest in actually training/leanring how to use the weapon and the ammo they are now sitting on, causing the price increases, will basically never come out of the box.

99.999% from where I sit. Most people will get shot with their own weapon

A side note warning.

The gun ranges are full up and with some people that learned to shoot on video games and cop shows.

It is dangerous out there.

A lot of these folks will not ask for help.

A side note warning.

The gun ranges are full up and with some people that learned to shoot on video games and cop shows.

It is dangerous out there.

A lot of these folks will not ask for help.
    Desert is closed by me, so i went to the range i am a member of. 2hr min wait at open. The real problem i saw was the damn tables were only half filled. Yep, covid, so only every other table, my gripe is the fucking tables are 8’ apart as it is! Wtf?!? All of this shit is so overblown and asinine. I have a migraine thinking about it. Cant even find ammo for double what it was 6 months ago, even with a buddy who runs a ammo store. Sigh.

Reactions: Snuby642
    It looked like ammo was starting to trickle back into stock at major ammo sites for 9mm and 5.56. Then these riots happened, and we are back to square 1 again.

I hate doing dry fire and hate burning my ammo stash even more.

Reactions: Snuby642