• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Stockpiling and ?

Twisted .308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Legally speaking , no speculation please . Where does law enforcement have the right to confiscate your stash ? I've worked on ranches where landowners have ordered Truckloads ....yes semi truckloads of ammo ...one guy I know has shipping containers of 20ga , 12ga, 9mm , 45,223,308, 7.62x39 and .50cal ! Each container has it's own separate caliber stashed. That's ALOT of freakin ammo ! My mom just sold our ranch (1000 acres ) to a Doctor out of CC Tx ... He probably has 2 shipping containers full of various ammo mixed . So what legal grounds do they have to prove , to label you a threat ? Just asking because every time some extremist or prepper gets arrested that's the first thing the news reports .... Radical Ammo Hoarder !!!,

When they think you are a danger to yourself or others or you have committed any number of offenses that would warrant removal of firearms from the home. I would argue that the definition of "Radical Ammo Hoarder" is purely situational and may even depend on geographic location. In other words, if the news wants to bolster the story, they will make you an ammo hoarder for even 1000 rounds. While living in Texas you can get away with having truck loads delivered to the house but I would imagine that if I had 100,000 rounds of ammo delivered to my house out here in CA, and not representing a specific firearms associated business, the local feds would most likely pay me a visit and I am sure I would be added to several "watch this guy" lists from various local departments. Under the wide sweeping Homeland Security umbrella, it does not take much more than increased suspicion to keep an eye on you.

Fire regulations. That's how they usually do it. Supposedly it's a hazard. Discussing it is sort of useless, though, especially here.

Thanks , not trying to stir anything up just trying to see the justification of them grabbing ammo. It might seem like lots of ammo to some , but guy mentioned above will burn thru 3-4 pallets of .50cal in an evening letting guests and clients shoot his MGs . So yes he does use it !!

Last edited:
In the thread: "so are you" by Gunfighter.

It was discussed by many; different items including ammo that people may hold for what it's worth. in case of shtf.
Some would have gold, some would have ammo. Others may have another source of "worth."

In the thread: "so are you" by Gunfighter.

It was discussed by many; different items including ammo that people may hold for what it's worth. in case of shtf.
Some would have gold, some would have ammo. Others may have another source of "worth."

Captain Conundrum to the rescue ...

Civilians having 1,000 to 10,000 is nothing compared to what DHS is stockpilng every year...just add as many 0s you want to this #100,
Hmm,i wonder why they need some much 223 for. maybe their Hoarding to.

Only legal way to take ammo is if you are a "prohibited possessor" after losing rights following conviction of a felony, having been convicted of any crime of domestic violence. Notice that the word "convicted" is used. Any other confiscation would have to be approved through courts after probable cause has been demonstrated in application for a search warrant (evidence) or for order of protection (restraining order).

These may vary a little from state to state, but are generally true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just quoten' uncle bill. Even back then, I thought it was funny. 1000 rds is 2 bricks of .22. Those libitards don't have a clue.

Gotta' remember, Homeland security didn't exist back then.