• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo supply is not looking good

JAS-SH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Just a quick heads up. I've bought ammo from a very reputable family business for years. Something started happening ~six days ago.

Their orders jumped 500 percent from their normal daily orders in a span of five days. So, they sent me a warning email 3-days ago. I'm stocked up so I ignored it. It seems that the recent events in the middle east, and our commitment to helping Israel could put a really bad crimp (no pun) on ammo availability. That, OR recent demonstrations here in the USA in support of Palestinians (Hamas), might have caused an ammo buying panic. Who knows, I tend to go with the panic buying explanation because as of late last week I bought 9mm ammo and .22 rimfire and had no issues delivered in three days.

This it he latest notice on their website:

Due to extremely high order volume over the past 6 days, we are only accepting new orders for a very small selection of products, and all other products have been temporarily removed from the website. We currently have a backlog of over 12,000 orders, which is 4 to 5 days worth of work for the warehouse crew to pick, check, pack and ship. We will be offering limited selections for the next few days, and a more complete inventory after that.

I read that as follows: Their warehouse crew is overwhelmed and the volume is so high, for some specific ammunition that they have taken other products offline so they can fulfill those orders. This points to a high demand for some specific kinds of ammunition.

World is falling apart.
WW3.
Nuclear war.
Climate change.
Asteroids.
Opiods.
Covid.
Sudden deaths.

Always something. Ive still been getting up at 430 and going to work. Paying bills....same ole, same ole. Step away from the internet!

Honestly think they have been hurting for business the past couple of months, glad too see they are super busy.

Reactions: Redheeler
I received the same email but this is not new. I have read that alert on their site for months. It hasn’t been to this extreme but they have had the alerts before. It’s all gonna be ok.

Reactions: Milf Dots
World is falling apart.come
WW3.
Nuclear war.
Climate change.
Asteroids.
Opiods.
Covid.
Sudden deaths.

Always something. Ive still been getting up at 430 and going to work. Paying bills....same ole, same ole. Step away from the internet!
Been doing the same for 40 years, except I get up at 4:45. I've slowly automated my whole house - involves wall switches, etc. - and now all the house lights come on/off at different times of the day automatically, and so does the coffee machine! At 4:45 the coffee is already brewed :).

We have a very large gun shop in the area. Two of the guys who have been there a long time have mentioned that reloading stuff in 2024 is going to be very slim, worse than before. They are pretty level headed guys and not know as BSer's....

Reactions: NoDopes
Just a quick heads up. I've bought ammo from a very reputable family business for years. Something started happening ~six days ago.

Their orders jumped 500 percent from their normal daily orders in a span of five days. So, they sent me a warning email 3-days ago. I'm stocked up so I ignored it. It seems that the recent events in the middle east, and our commitment to helping Israel could put a really bad crimp (no pun) on ammo availability. That, OR recent demonstrations here in the USA in support of Palestinians (Hamas), might have caused an ammo buying panic. Who knows, I tend to go with the panic buying explanation because as of late last week I bought 9mm ammo and .22 rimfire and had no issues delivered in three days.

Due to extremely high order volume over the past 6 days, we are only accepting new orders for a very small selection of products, and all other products have been temporarily removed from the website. We currently have a backlog of over 12,000 orders, which is 4 to 5 days worth of work for the warehouse crew to pick, check, pack and ship. We will be offering limited selections for the next few days, and a more complete inventory after that.

I read that as follows: Their warehouse crew is overwhelmed and the volume is so high, for some specific ammunition that they have taken other products offline so they can fulfill those orders. This points to a high demand for some specific kinds of ammunition.
How many were named Ahmed?
Maybe the jihad’s are stocking up?
Somebody gonna be a “huckleberry” 😁👍

So you're going to tell me that we're experiencing a shortage of ammo because we're sending it to Israel? You do know who owns the IMI ammo company right?

Some news is supposed to drop this morning regarding ammo and primers. Guessing that is in reference to 9mm, 5.56, and small rifle primers.

Your post comes across very naive. You’ve been on here since 2020. This reads like you’ve been under a rock since 2008.
If you don’t have the ability to produce your own ammo by now, I’d get on it. By the sounds of it, you’re likely so far behind on any realistic ammo storage it’s gonna be a tall order. Never too late to get started though.

Yeah, he's been making noise about this the past few days. I had been contemplating another case of 9mm, so went ahead and ordered it 2 days ago. Good timing, the price just went up $20. Order just shipped.

Reactions: FatBoy
Your post comes across very naive. You’ve been on here since 2020. This reads like you’ve been under a rock since 2008.
If you don’t have the ability to produce your own ammo by now, I’d get on it. By the sounds of it, you’re likely so far behind on any realistic ammo storage it’s gonna be a tall order. Never too late to get started though.
Wrong on all counts...

1) I don't discuss personal inventories of any kind, except to say "I'm good." - anything else would really be naive.
2) I don't reload anymore. Own three reloading presses. They been in the attic for maybe 15 years +
3) I don't live in forums. I read and post occasionally. Got a lot better things to do.
4) I don't tell people what to do unless asked.
5) I don't feed trolls.

All the best.....

Reactions: LawTalker
World is falling apart.
WW3.
Nuclear war.
Climate change.
Asteroids.
Opiods.
Covid.
Sudden deaths.

you forgot to blame white supremecy.

Branden

Rumor is Lake City is ceasing civi ammo production, for an unknown time. Not sure if that includes Winchester.

SG ammo is getting hit hard with orders.

I received the same email but this is not new. I have read that alert on their site for months. It hasn’t been to this extreme but they have had the alerts before. It’s all gonna be ok.

Just checked the SG website.

The list of available .556 is mostly gone, competed to a few days ago.

I've never seen this type of reduction so fast.

Poof….

Just checked the SG website.

The list of available .556 is mostly gone, competed to a few days ago.

I've never seen this type of reduction so fast.

Poof….
That’s because they took some inventory away until they get done with the current orders and are only offering select stock until they deliver all the current stuff. It says that in the alert. That doesn’t mean that’s all they have.

A quick look on ammoseek doesn't indicate much of a shortage...or big price hikes. So if SG is getting slammed, it seems to be because they stoked the flames
Still...things could change quickly....

Hornady update:

🚨
BREAKING NEWS: Tragic Explosion at Wood River Chemical Compound Claims a Life
🚨

(Wood River, Neb.) - In a tragic event at 8350 W Old Potash Highway, Wood River, Nebraska, a chemical compound building was rocked by a fatal explosion, as confirmed by the Hall County Attorney.
Crews from at least four local fire departments rushed to the Hornady Manufacturing plant just west of Grand Island, following the explosion that occurred shortly before 10 a.m. on Friday.
Hall County Emergency Manager Jon Rosenlund said the Cairo, Wood River, Alda, and Grand Island Rural Fire Departments were all mobilized, along with the Hall County Sheriff’s Office. Additional support was sought from the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Hall County Attorney’s Office. A Grand Island fire department ambulance was also dispatched for aid.
The fire outbreak was reported at the plant situated in the 8300 block of west Old Potash Highway, occupying the site of the former Cornhusker Army Ammunition Plant, positioned four miles northwest of Alda.
Emergency radio traffic conveyed that one man had sustained a head injury, although he remained conscious and was breathing.
Hornady Manufacturing has been a longstanding business in Grand Island known for manufacturing bullets and ammunition.
Tragically, a female lost her life in the explosion, with her identity being held back pending notification of her family.
Specifics about the explosion's nature and circumstances are unknown. As updates become available, we will keep you informed.
Our hearts extend with deepest sympathy to the victim's family and all those impacted by this event.

On top of everything else check this out. Have no word on the extent of the damage at this time.
Well crap!! Between them and Berger for precision ammo OR bullets, they were the only one with consistent production. A-Tip and ELD bullets, and ELD ammo has been consistently available for every cartridge I shoot. Berger’s output/availability has been pretty disappointing for the last two years. I usually prefer Berger, but Hornady has been a reliable and acceptable alternative during that time. I hope they can recover quickly.

Well crap!! Between them and Berger for precision ammo OR bullets, they were the only one with consistent production. A-Tip and ELD bullets, and ELD ammo has been consistently available for every cartridge I shoot. Berger’s output/availability has been pretty disappointing for the last two years. I usually prefer Berger, but Hornady has been a reliable and acceptable alternative during that time. I hope they can recover quickly.
Well, in the mean time........ Go with Plan B

Hype it up boys....do your part to start the stock piling and driving prices up again!

Good sheep....good sheep....more, more more drama. WW3 is coming, Covid, WW3, nukes, Hamas, govt overthrow, WW3, bombs death, WW3....!

HURRY, fall for the hype and drama, stock pile that ammo! Gitcha 10k rounds!

We never learn...we just keep falling for the same shit!

May be something to this…likely the self-fulfilling prophecy crap that we see every 4 years or so, plus the “perfect storm” of two wars and other shenanigans, as alluded to in that video a couple posts up.

I just checked my usual sources and prices are up…and a lot of stuff is out of stock.

As a counterpoint, I also swung by Cabela’s earlier today and they had tons of everything in stock, including primers. Well, no large rifle primers, so I was screwed, but entire shelves full of all others. They’re stupid expensive now though, so no allure for me.

Not yet anyway.

I did get some Berger 168s to feed into some once-fired Lapua brass (after I shoot it mañana!), so I’m happy!

IMG_5459.jpeg

Just like eggs, bread, milk, and toilet paper when a hurricane is announced....
Everybody jumps at once.
It’s human nature.

WWIII has been coming for awhile.
If this little hiccup goes by, you still have the election coming which will drive demand again.
My advice is to buy whenever you can if the price isn’t too outrageous.
It’s never getting better.

I've seen so many false alarms in the last 30 years that I said the hell with it. When you have enough primers, powder and bullets to last 10 lifetimes and thousands of rounds of ammo for calibers you don't even shoot, what's the point. I've been trimming way back. The terrorists aren't coming here yet.

Last edited:
Hype it up boys....do your part to start the stock piling and driving prices up again!

Good sheep....good sheep....more, more more drama. WW3 is coming, Covid, WW3, nukes, Hamas, govt overthrow, WW3, bombs death, WW3....!

HURRY, fall for the hype and drama, stock pile that ammo! Gitcha 10k rounds!

We never learn...we just keep falling for the same shit!
Hey, you can never have too much ammo.....

I also bought 10k more SRPs also......

I buy it now because I can. Before I was caught up because I was on a military salary and couldn't always afford to buy ammo versus putting food on the table for my family.

Now as a civilian, I can work OT if I want to and buy all the ammo I want to. When I want to.

Doc

Last edited: