• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Wallet - Part Deux +

Random One

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2020
I did a search but didn't find anything real current or that fit my interest. What I'm looking for is an ammo wallet-type carrier for, say 50 to 80 rounds (.308/6.5cm) . There's wallet/book/novels in the 20 round range and 120 round size, but not much in between. I suppose I could get a 120 round carrier and just load what I want, but thought I'd see if any of you all know of something better.

Right now I carry the 50 round plastic boxes in my back pack and that's a bulky in efficient way to tote ammo, imo. I'm doing a few long range shoots and there isn't a lot of trekking in these, but would still like to have ammo carried/stored better.

So, what's your method of carrying ammo?

I did a search but didn't find anything real current or that fit my interest. What I'm looking for is an ammo wallet-type carrier for, say 50 to 80 rounds (.308/6.5cm) . There's wallet/book/novels in the 20 round range and 120 round size, but not much in between. I suppose I could get a 120 round carrier and just load what I want, but thought I'd see if any of you all know of something better.

Right now I carry the 50 round plastic boxes in my back pack and that's a bulky in efficient way to tote ammo, imo. I'm doing a few long range shoots and there isn't a lot of trekking in these, but would still like to have ammo carried/stored better.

So, what's your method of carrying ammo?
Tab gear makes a "bullet binder" IIRC. I've had three for 7 years or so (hold 40rds each), and they have worked well for carrying precision ammo in a pack, while protecting the rounds from getting smashed or tweaked.

Check out this bad MFer.

Allright! three good options to check out. WCD 80 round; TAB Gear Bullet Binder; Armageddon 40/40. I'll get in touch with @softcock (figuratively speaking) to see what he's got.

Thanks for the input - I thought there had to be something for this niche', application.

this is @softcock ‘s new offering that might be modular enough for what you want. There’s a little bit of (overwhelming) demand right now but it’s worth checking out.
That field pack is legit! By far the best solution and extremely well done. As I said in the other thread just now, I sprayed it down heavily with silicone water proof spray. That field pack is probably one of my favorite pieces of gear. Easy answer even if you have to wait a while.

Reactions: stemikel
I have an extra WCD if your interested. That’s what I carry my ammo in to matches. It folds up and slides in my pack easy.