• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammunition for Tikka T3x Tac A1

NewbieShooter23

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2023
Minnesota
I recently bought a Tikka T3x Tac A1 and it was labeled for 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition. I recently bought "6.5 PRC, 143 gr ELD-X" ammunition. I noticed the size difference of the casing for the rounds and was wondering if the 6.5 PRC, 143 gr GLD-X was still appropriate to use?

luckily for your loved ones it wont chamber in your rifle. but fuck man. smh.

all i can picture is you being the dude muzzling everyone at the local public range

you really need to pay more attention before you ever consider firing a live round.

No, it’s not appropriate to use.

Look up 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC, notice the differences?

Like 11 or 12 years ago when I was a new gunsmith I had this guy bring a Model 70 in with the bolt stuck closed. He had fired a 7mm Weatherby cartridge through a 7 Rem Mag.
I told him he used the wrong cartridge, he replied " I used the wrong brand?" I had to explain that some cartridges use the same size bullet but they're different chambers.
This just reminded me of that.

• Wow
Reactions: b6graham
I recently bought a Tikka T3x Tac A1 and it was labeled for 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition. I recently bought "6.5 PRC, 143 gr ELD-X" ammunition. I noticed the size difference of the casing for the rounds and was wondering if the 6.5 PRC, 143 gr GLD-X was still appropriate to use?
Face palm.

Go here.
Buy this stuff.
Go shoot.

If you have not messed with the ammo and you bought it locally maybe you can exchange it for 6.5 Creedmoor and no PRC does not stand for price reduced creedmoor.