• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Amount of Brass Required

Painterbolt

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2017
Lakehills, Texas
Recently started getting serious about fclass. I plan on going to a national event or two and competiting at some large events. Just got my high master in ftr. For those of yall going to national events, how much brass do you usually purchase at time. Plan on sticking with mid range mainly.

For a full national level event, including sight-in after air travel, team matches, unlimited sighters and/or blow-offs... I'd say bring ~350 pieces. Way better to have extra rounds, and not need 'em, than to have to scrimp on sighters going into the last day...

As such, I'd say buy 400 minimum. Plus it'll probably tide you over thru 2 area regional 2-day matches, and multiple 1-day club matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twitchy and rdog52
If you shoot matches like the Sinclair's, or if you shoot MR and LR at the SWN, or the FCNC you'll need closer to 500.

All three of those require greater than of 400.

Weekend matches usually shoot either 100 to 120 for record if they shoot Sat and Sun. (3x20|2x20 or 3x20|3x20) so you're fine with about 150 or so loaded there.

Reactions: memilanuk
For the Grand Aggregate at the SWN I bring 200 rounds which is sufficient. Main thing is check the number of shots for record and add in a sufficient number of sighters.

My logged total for the last SWN, including squadded practice @ 1k on Tuesday, 3x600 match on Wednesday, Palma team match on Thursday, Palma Individual match on Friday, the 2x1000 Individual on Saturday plus the team 1k, and the 2x1000 on Sunday... was 318 rounds.

For the 2019 LR FCNC @ Raton, including all the LR matches (both team and individuals) I ended up @ 233 rounds.

Milanuk:

Were you able to register for the 2020 SWN? I was able to register for the Grand Aggregate.