• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AMP DSR and DTA SRS

freezingduck

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Norway
Since I live in Norway the price of the AMP DSR-1 and the DTA SRS is about the same price.
Considering this, if you where getting one of them, which one would you guys buy?

As far as i understand the DSR is aprox 13 pounds and the SRS is aprox 11,5 pounds.

Which calibers would you buy it in?
.308/.338/.300wm?

How good is a system like this compared to a AI AW or AX?

Most treads like this says that the DSR is 3 times as expensive, which is correct in the states, but the price on these rifles are the same over here.

We also has some strange gun laws here that states that you are only allowed to own 6 guns for hunting, but if you buy something like a SRS, DSR or R93 you can buy a complete second rifle in another caliber and register it as parts, since it is a system weapon.

Is the R93 Tactical 2 a good option?

Re: AMP DSR and DTA SRS

I'd try playing around with the DSR-1 just for the hell of it.

By the way, the rifle will be used for long range hunting and competition shooting.....

If you have the opportunity, get some time behind both systems and see which feels more comfortable for you. I have the SRS system and absolutely love it. If you plan on hunting I would go the SRS route since it weighs less.

Its pretty hard getting my hands on any of them, i might be able to get a feel of the DSR, but i don't think there are any SRS in Norway:(

Hunting will be traveling by boat and lurking 100-500yards by foot to hunt seal;)
Weight isn't that big of a problem, at least at this time;)

I have shot the DSR-1 and the SRS and I never really liked the DSR... to me the DTA does everything it is supposed to very easily, and the DSR seemed a bit awkward.

In my opinion the weight was really noticeable, and the DTA certainly has a better trigger.

I would get the deployment kit in both 308 and 338 and drive on with the DTA but that is me.

As far as i understand from you guys, the DSR has nothing that the SRS doesn't have, except being exclusive....

Has anyone had any triggertime on the R93 Tact?

I have been very impressed with the SRS and currently have one on order along with caliber conversions in .260 Remington and .338 Lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been very impressed with the SRS and currently have one on order along with caliber conversions in .260 Remington and .338 Lapua.</div></div>

What he said.

I myself have an SRS with two conversion kits one in 6.5x47 Lapua and the in 338 Lapua, and in my opinion any of the 6.5 cartridges paired with the 338 is the way to go. My SRS with the 6.5 barrel is most accurate rifle I own. Do it you won't regret it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot the DSR-1 and the SRS and I never really liked the DSR... <span style="font-weight: bold">to me the DTA does everything it is supposed to very easily</span>, and the DSR seemed a bit awkward.

In my opinion the weight was really noticeable, and the DTA certainly has a better trigger.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I would get the deployment kit in both 308 and 338 and drive on with the DTA</span> but that is me.</div></div>
+1. My opinion exactly. I made bold what I concur with based on my own experience.

Unless you're a lefty. Wouldn't want to be a lefty driving a RH bullpup design. Having to lift your head off the stock every time you want to bolt the gun would be a PITA - have seen this happen with the DTA.

I would love the opportunity to own a DSR-1 for the same price as a DTA. To me, they look like pure sex.

Unless the DSR-1 have gotten significantly cheaper in the last years, you should be able to get the DTA quite a bit cheaper.
The last time I saw the DSR1 listed was when the now defunct Scanarms was the official importers. At that time the DSR1 sold for almost $20k. Base rifle, other calibers and accessories are extra.
if the dealers in Europe are charging the same for the DTA, I would import one from the US myself....

Hi Cardinal, the Norwegian price for a DTA is far from this price,

I am awaiting on the final freight price now in order to give an exact quote but the cost ex freight would be in the region of NOK 35,000 plus sales tax and freight.

Ewen

Hi Cardinal, the Norwegian price for a DTA is far from this price,

I am awaiting on the final freight price now in order to give an exact quote but the cost ex freight would be in the region of NOK 35,000 plus sales tax and freight.

Ewen

As I understand it, the DSR-1 is essentially the granddaddy of the SRS, which is why they have so much in common, but the SRS was significantly improved over the DSR-1. There are going to be very few people in the US that have fired both as there are only a handful of DSR-1's in the US, so Lowlight's testimony is pretty important since most of the rest of us are speculating. Also, you might send a PM to Nick, the owner of DTA. His name on the hide is SR90. He'll be able to tell you about the differences in the two rifles first hand, though he's sure to be a little biased when it comes to opinions!

i would think the price is far from the same, since a DSR goes for around 100 k nkr as far as i know at least, and the DTA will be significantly cheaper. Also a Ai or a PGM will cost some less then a DSR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Freezingduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone had any triggertime on the R93 Tact? </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCgR_hdCUk

Have you considered the Sauer STR? It is a switch barrel rifle which has factory barrels in 6mmBR, .308W and 6,5x55. There is a guy in Norway who has re-chambered a Sauer 6,5x55 barrel to 6,5-284.
http://www.kammeret.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12155

must say that of the two the DSR had a better trigger,
the srs felt very "gritty"
to be fare the srs could have been dirty , lots of rounds through it?
also i know you guys love the srs , but i did not think the quality of the stock sides was very good, certainly no way near as good as on my acis, looked like they had forgot to debure the edges and the joint/meeting of the sides was not a great match.

I own two DTAs and you cannot make a better trigger in or out of a bullpup design that what I have on mine. Triggers on them are one of the selling points...its flawless. And yes I am biased, I will admit it. I don't own nor would I buy a DSR1 for what they are reported to bring in the US for the few tha were imported.Last cost I saw on one in the EU was over double what a DTA SRS would cost me, its more mobile than the DSR and its more accurate. So those that like the anomally of owning a DSR...be my guest.