• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Amp Mark I - Lapua 6.5 CM Standard Program

Vyx313

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2021
Wyoming
I recently got an Amp Mark I (without Aztec) and I’m looking for input on the standard program code I should be running.

I tried annealing 2 pieces at 90 but both melted. Am I misinterpreting this chart? My brass doesn’t match any of these lot numbers so I picked 90 which seems to be a “default” Lapua number for 6.5CM although I don’t know what “ex-308w” means.

IMG_3969.png

Ex 308 means that the 6.5 case was made from a 308 case. That means it will have thicker case walls and require more annealing time.

If I were you I’d get a 650 degree Tempilstik (a temperature sensitive crayon) and find your own setting.

I would try emailing AMP. They normally respond quickly and are usually very helpful.

I know you use to be able to mail a few cases in and they would give you the correct setting.

Reactions: Simonsza1
Ex 308 means that the 6.5 case was made from a 308 case. That means it will have thicker case walls and require more annealing time.

If I were you I’d get a 650 degree Tempilstik (a temperature sensitive crayon) and find your own setting.
Ah ok, that’s makes more sense as to why that time is higher than the others and why it melted those cases.

Are you using the #17 Pilot? It does look like the Standard Program setting should be 90 with "un-turned" brass.

If that isn't working a call or email to Amp is probably your quickest solution.

Interesting chart as it seems to be jumping all over the place. I switched from Starline to Lapua and my code was within 2 of each other. Range was 60-62 BUT I'm using a machine with Aztec. Just odd that they are showing a large difference between the Starline & Lapua IMO.