• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition AMP or Annie annealer

Joel Danielson

Green Manalishi
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2012
wondering
So I've finally come to the conclusion that my Giraud annealer may be contributing to some vertical issues I am experiencing. Neck tension has not been as consistent as I like. If you have used one of the induction annealers, give me pro's and con's. Not that I can't afford an AMP, I'm just a bit of a skin flint when I don't think it will adversely effect the outcome. I know there have been discussions in the reloading section of the site, but think there is another level that F-class and benchrest shooters go to in getting results for our chosen poison.
Cheers

I can only speak on the AMP machine.

It is simply a joy to use. Simple/fast/easy....everything I want from an annealer.

Changing calibers is as easy as spinning in the different adaptor & running the calibration. And you are off to the races.

10/10 would buy again.

I Have no experience with the Annie so ??? The Amp is very nice I was using a salt bath system which I think does a very good job but it is messy and a little dangerous. I would not recommend it for everyone. The Amp is clean, neat, simple, safe, consistent and expensive. I hate to even say it because it is expensive but it is probably the best system on the market.

Thanks guys. I took a couple 100 .284 and 6BRA cases over to one of my friends today and used his AMP. Going to load up about 20 of each tomorrow, see how the bullet seating goes, and see if the vertical at 1000 has gotten any better.
After using his today, I can't imagine it getting much better.

Thanks guys. I took a couple 100 .284 and 6BRA cases over to one of my friends today and used his AMP. Going to load up about 20 of each tomorrow, see how the bullet seating goes, and see if the vertical at 1000 has gotten any better.
After using his today, I can't imagine it getting much better.
Problem solved, you have a friend no need to buy your own. haha

Reactions: Figmo and Texascbr
Problem solved, you have a friend no need to buy your own. haha
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He offered to do brass for $100 for up to 500 pieces a year. He told me he has 3 people he is doing that for already. I anneal every second firing. That would cost me about $5-600 per year. Might as well get my own. I sold my Giraud today, so I'm committed now.

I had some quality control issues with my Annie annealer, and sent it in for warranty service three times in the space of 6 months. Apparently some transistors kept blowing out. Fortunately, Garett's customer service is excellent, and he made repairs and upgrades very quickly. It has been working flawlessly since the last repairs.

Aside from my individual QC issues, I highly recommend the Annie. The results appear to be perfect - the discoloration of the brass from annealing looks just like that on new Lapua brass.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
Go AMP and do not look back. I’ve owned both. I’ve made my opinion know about how I feel about the Annie. I would not ever purchase anything I ever needed from them. Great customer service I think not.

only thing good about them is the day I got my refund.

Go AMP and do not look back. I’ve owned both. I’ve made my opinion know about how I feel about the Annie. I would not ever purchase anything I ever needed from them. Great customer service I think not.

only thing good about them is the day I got my refund.
Yeah , I went the AMP route (11 pilots.... :oops: ). I went back and forth a bit with Alex in some emails on their operation in NZ. I usually spend January - April in NZ, so there is an invitation to stop by and see the operation they have set up (about an hour South of Auckland in the North island). I have a 6 CM that is used for target shooting and hunting that stays there. Looks like I will be able to anneal my brass over there now.