• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s An actual Physics II pre-lab question

Anvil_X

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
AK
Question #2 just made my day. To reiterate, this is a college physics laboratory.

Don't worry. Once you get out and are doing engineering in the real world, the pre-brief sessions are similarly ridiculous. If you ever have to plan high risk work, you will probably laugh. I kid you not, there is stuff like this in every environmental health and safety manual. Then, the best part is that there are guys who have to audit that the safety pre-briefs were done and made note of such instructions.

100+ manhours to create the plan for the guy to ascend the crane to survey fall protection harness tie off points so that the plan and execution to have someone ascend the crane to complete the yearly maintenance/survey of the systems can be accomplished, so that ultimately someone can ascend the crane and use it.

Don't worry. Once you get out and are doing engineering in the real world, the pre-brief sessions are similarly ridiculous. If you ever have to plan high risk work, you will probably laugh. I kid you not, there is stuff like this in every environmental health and safety manual. Then, the best part is that there are guys who have to audit that the safety pre-briefs were done and made note of such instructions.

100+ manhours to create the plan for the guy to ascend the crane to survey fall protection harness tie off points so that the plan and execution to have someone ascend the crane to complete the yearly maintenance/survey of the systems can be accomplished, so that ultimately someone can ascend the crane and use it.

oh yeah, The Army got me used to such tomfoolery, I just found this little gem to be pretty amusing. It kinda reminds me of my First Sergeant's Oak Tree Counseling.

except no "If you get in a dispute with another soldier, please refrain from biting his ear off and spitting it in front of a passing train."

Oh, yeah, the Safety Nazis wrote me up once for having "combustible materials in an electrical outlet". What was it? A toothpick in the phone jack, because the little latch tab was broken off. Bite me!