• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Without engaging in details, I have allowed myself to become outspoken on a subject within this forum which triggered some highly emotional responses. While I feel I did a thing which I could not avoid doing and still retain my own self respect, it was still a matter of stirring sh*t and kicking sand in the face of intellectual adversaries. Not a thing of which I am proud.

I made a point, and if it's valid, it will stand with or without any further defense on my part; I leave it to others to make their own judgements, and personally, I hope they keep their own counsel in this matter.

Some will (some already have) seized upon the subject as a vehicle for personal invective. If so, they reveal more about themselves than about me. and I'll leave them to make what justification seems necessary, none appears necessary in my part. That's a personal opinion.

So I feel it has become a necessary matter of personal honor for me to apologize.

First, to Lowlight for instigating unrest upon his most excellent website.

Second, to those among us who could do just fine without my provoking any addition to the unaccustomed shit stirring which periodically sullies our place of discourse.

And finally, to those whose whose contributions prompted my criticism; they believe they do good, and far be it from me to disabuse them of righteous indignation they might be feeling right now.

I just disagree, and even the most diverse among us may feel free to do so in this place.

Moderators:

It may be advisable to lock this piece before further comment ensues; I had honestly intended this communication to be unilateral.

Greg

Re: An Apology

Not for nothing but you implied in the cat hunting thread that people were out to shoot your household pet. You went on to say how great wild cats are for the environment. Both statements are ignorant and foolish, regardless of your feelings about the pictures.
The thread was long dead but was revived by you and others who felt the need to preach about how morally outraged you are. I guess the drama just can't stop, can it?

Here's moral outrage, if every cat lover/owner cared as much as you professed, poor little fluffy wouldn't be a third generation disease infested wild terror destroying indigenous species and personal property. Its the very actions of "cat lovers" that causes the need to exterminate feral cats. I know you probably think those cats can be rehabbed or some such wacky shit but you're simply wrong and out of touch. Fortunately, the law agrees and these pests can be dealt with instead of your desire to rely on yet another government agency.

I called Animal Control some years back because of a neighbor dog problem. They came out and shot the dog on site instead of subjecting themselves to additional risk. As you get further away from the Urban sprawl people tend to care about their own and relegate animals to personal property status. The high desert plains or vast farm expanses of the Midwest are a long way from New York, you should think about that.

Im sorry but why do you feel the need to shit on a man who comes out and says hes sorry? Thought I do not agree with everything he has said I can see that he is taking a higher road and saying sorry for his actions. You just show how low you are to continue a fight that is obviously over. Take what he says as a commonn ground to reunite at fellow shooters and if you do feel the need to object do so in PM, phone call, or other means.

To me Greg is a very experenced person in our "field" and to disrespect him when he openly apologies' is just unsat. Seriously be a man settle your differences in other forms and move on.

858;

I grew up in the five boroughs of NYC and Newark NJ. I spent well beyond half my tour of service in the Marine Corps in combat. Please feel free to let us all know when you qualify for your enrollment in the VFW, so I can freely refrain from buying you a beer. I now live in a small village with one traffic light and 1600 inhabitants; if you count the outlying farms, mostly operated by Mennonites.

Your portrayal of me is based, as usual, on specious assumptions.

Do your f*cking homework, Sonny.

A direct quote, of mine, from the same thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Aw heck, and here I am looking for a couple of replacement kitties. I'll never get anywhere if you nice gents keep wasting the prospects...

LOL!

I live in farm country now, and when I go asking for permission to enter land and whack the 'Chuckies, the farmers keep asking me to keep an eye out for the feral cats and whack them too. Actually, the cats serve a useful pupose, cutting back on the rodents a bit and helping somewhat with the rabies problems. But if they want 'em whacked, I'll comply. Doesn't stop me from taking care of a cat or two at home. Mine are 'fixed' and never go outdoors.

There are cats, and there are cats....

Greg
</div></div>

I need no defense.

My objection was never about shooting feral cats, under the right circumstances I will do it myself and feel zero remorse.

My objection was in using this site to parade graphic evidence of blatant socipathy and borderline psychotic ritual bloodletting; suitibly photographically embellished and posed.

It crosses a line of decency and responsiblilty that debases this site, where I have done my best for around a decade to aid and defend the practicioners of gun sports.

You are braying into a hostile wind. Keep it up, I'm sure it will be a true credit to 'The 'hide.

And now, rather than foment your continue sophomoric defiance, I am placing your UserID into 'Ignore' status, so I don't have to endure the effects of your neuroses upon my already shitty blood pressure.

Have a nice life...

Meanwhile within the aforementioned thread, a curt request was made for clarification:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Would someone please post a link to the various laws that dictate the taking of feral cats is illegal? </div></div>

A respectful response.

Greg

PS It's late, I have to get to a family funeral tomorrow, and somewhere also need to fit in an afternoon VA appointment so I can get some cardiac followup for a significant and chronic condition. So please forgive me if I take a very limited interest in further posts here. Actually I had asked for the thread to be locked so this sort of stuff would not proliferate, and continue to poke at a festering wound that really does need to be left alone. The fact that it hasn't happened (at least yet, and I fully recognize this is in the small hours of the morning, and site Moderation is far from being at its usual most excellent peak) is simply testimony to the huge extent of the authority and respect I enjoy here. (not)

No matter....; but I <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> hope this clusterf*ck is winding down.

Better yet, maybe it would just serve a better purpose to simply delete the whole danged thing...; stupidity repeated is stupidity perpetuated.

00020115.gif