• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up An Aussie Visiting Kansas City, MO

SD669

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria, Australia
I'm going to be visiting the USA while on my 73 day round the world trip and I'd like to be able to go shooting while I'm over there. Being from Australia we are severely limited as to what types of firearms we can own/use, so I've never had the option to fire a semi-auto anything.. No AR, No AK, even owning a ruger 10/22 is a difficult prospect. In addition, Silencers/suppressors are banned. no tax stamp here, we don't even get the option. oh yeah.. and owning a handgun is an ordeal requiring psychiatric testing and fingerprinting.. so needless to say I've never bothered with that either. as far as shooting experience, I'm primarily a F class shooter, never fired anything larger than 30-06 and I've never been hunting(apart from spotlighting rabbits).

so I'm looking for some fellow hide members to help me out and give me a chance to experience some of these things. My trip will have me in the USA around the start of September and I'm going to be primarily around Kansas City, Missouri (but will be traveling to Vegas at some stage, not opposed to traveling a reasonable distance.

anyone interested?

Re: a visiting Aussie

Any idea on dates?

You should change the title of your post to get more local interest. Put Kansas City in the title so the Missouri and Kansas folks will open it.

We can probalbly get something together depending on when you are coming through.

Re An Aussie Visiting Kansas City, MO

title changed to reflect
smile.gif

Re: Re An Aussie Visiting Kansas City, MO

I would offer but I don't have my AR anymore, and i'm right here in the KC area. I have a friend that's also on this site that I know has quite a few "toys", however they have a new baby coming in May, and it's quite likely that he'll never get to come out to play ever again after that.

Branden