• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An Awesome Afternoon

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    I used to do this quite often, taking stills of my video's and creating a somewhat narrative for you guys to see what went down. Amazing how busy life can get and the small things you enjoy go by the wayside. And I really enjoy this Forum and posting our experiences with you all.

Quick Rundown of the set, my little Brother John who films and shoots with us all the time was covering the the down wind side, and my oldest son Rush who's 12 was covering the upwind.

Our set was facing the North, where multiple draws converge and present us with a lethal fatal funnel. We had a mild NE breeze. It took this little Bitch about 15 minutes to come in, and we did her a favor.

50871404377_07778b695c_k.jpg

Tough to tell in the above pic but Rush put her out of her Mangy misery, and upon closer look, it was obvious she was moderately wounded on about a quarter of here nose and upper mouth area, it was smooth like it was trying to heal, but her whole nose was floppy where it had been broken.

50870601438_b671d41e59_k.jpg

Set 2 yielded me with probably my coolest 4K footage I've gotten to date! Nothing crazy, just super cool scenario.

50870599773_f02ca6aa6c_k.jpg

Once again, nothing special on this set (other than we strategically set up for a Cat), wind in our face, John my brother had the down wind side, Rush had the upwind. I placed the X-wave down on the edge of a tipped over Ash tree, and within 3 minutes, the girl above showed up! I got some amazing footage of her climbing through the tree to get the the call, and ended up stopping her at about 30 yards and Rush got his 2nd filmed Coyote of the day!

50870600613_2be9d5fbc5_k.jpg

The above pic is a still shot with my XF705 filming in 4K that I pulled off Premiere Pro.

Then of course the ever so mild Father Son "fist bump" that for some reason guys take offense at.

50870601493_68f6987591_k.jpg

Another unique thing about this set is, 4 months prior I got the best Footage and pics I've ever got of Elk with my R5!

50870604913_2ff5a2c8af_k.jpg

50870670683_6850ff7fef_k.jpg

As always fellas, Get Your Can ON, and ENJOY!
    GodSpeed.

Always love watching your YouTube stuff! These posts are great too. Filming and photographing it adds a whole new dimension of complexity to what's already a tricky business. Cool stuff!

• Love
    Reactions: skinney_7
    Great photos and I've found another youtube channel to watch.

P.S. If giving my son a fist bump after a fantastic shared experience is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

• Love
    Reactions: skinney_7
    Really enjoyed the post and fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing!