• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An interesting read...Evil

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Evil

To understand true evil, you have to see it. That’s why the yearly 9/11 memorials are so important. Millions of Americans saw their lives grossly harmed after Muslim terrorists committed mass murder on that day in 2001. Their leader, Osama bin Laden, was pure evil and eventually was killed by Navy SEALs.
    But that event did not assuage the pain he caused.

In my town there lives an elderly man whose two sons were killed in the World Trade Center. This man has led a life of honor, contributing mightily to his community and to his country. He and his devoted wife suffered unimaginable pain 17 years ago and every day since. There are tens of thousands of other Americans suffering as well.

The man in my town still believes in a just God even though no justice was granted him. He well knows that he will never understand why evil visits the virtuous. He simply accepts the fact.

In America, many of us tend to look away from evil.
    How can thousands of murders take place in Chicago without a national outcry? How can some call dope pushers who sell deadly substances “non-violent” criminals? How can clergy abuse children? How can people falsely accuse others for money or power ruining lives?

The evil list is extensive. But those who actually acknowledge an evil presence in the world are relatively few.

In writing my upcoming book “Killing the SS,” I saw first hand that evil lurks in every human being. The Nazi SS guards who oversaw massive murder and torture in Hitler’s concentration camps were usually common folks before the war; farmers, merchants, laborers. Yet they killed babies, children, and adults without objection.

Then they ate dinner.

Millions of Germans looked away from the evil of The Third Reich and some even helped the war criminals escape. It is simply incomprehensible. But it happened.

Today, we give lip service to fighting ISIS and other evil barbarians. But very few Americans actually do the brutal work that needs to be done. The rest of us often take a “pass” when evil drives by - especially if it doesn’t attack us.

But evil does, indeed, affect the righteous and the awful alike. It exists inside each human being and it is active in villains everywhere.

We must see evil for what it is and fight hard against it. We must also understand that no one is immune from it. A good man on Long Island can tell you that first hand.

~Bill O'reilly

Reactions: Bender and Maggot
    Too many try to write these hand wringing books about how could "evil" happen or how could "people let this evil be done" without honestly looking at both themselves & history & the nature of "Evil". Always so much hand wringing about a specific group or time & laments of "how could it have happened"... Hey look at history... just par for the course of humans.

Evil is always subjectively interpreted and very few that do "Evil" things think they are "Evil" at the time, it's usually explained away as "doing what had to be done". Even in Religion, a good part of many old religions counted it as "good" by the chosen deity to do all kinds of killings, slaughters, rapes & genocides on those that their deity deemed heathens/infidels/unbelievers. In the founding of this country a lot of quite "Evil" stuff was done by both sides with regards to the Native residents and the European pale faces. Each side felt they were doing what should be done.

Crack open any world history book and you can find no end of slaughters and atrocities all through history, often done by people that considered themselves "Noble" or "Just" or "Decent". You think the Nazis were bad... Have you checked up on the Romans or the Mongols or the Persians, Greeks, Vikings, and many others over the course of history? Check out European history... basically rivers of blood interspersed with times when genocide was on pause to rebuild the population. That's without even looking at the horrors of the Soviet Union or China under Mao.

Did Americans have trouble eating and sleeping after their government massacred some natives by the hundreds... nope... they celebrated it.
    Did the Americans have any problem eating and sleeping after their government rounded up american citizens of Japanese descent and forced them into concentration camps?... nope... "It had to be done for our safety"... then worry about writing a congressional apology decades later.

Much like on the site here, the other day a respected member was stating that if they needed fuel or supplies in a fall of civilization event they were not hesitant to kill for it if the people didn't want to give it up or trade on his terms for it...

I'm pretty sure the people or their survivors being killed would count that guy as really "Evil" however he and his family would probably brush it off as "Doing what it took to survive".

If you listen to the Communists & the SJW types / Democrats, they actively want us killed (anybody that doesn't agree with them), they just for the most part want somebody else to do the killing for them, although a few antifa types would like to try if they could get away with it.
    They all think they are the good proper ones and we are the Evil ones and they have to kill us because it's wrong to not think like they do.

I'm pretty sure we can safely say we evened the score plus a whole lot more for 9/11, both in people that actually fought against us or were planning to as well as non-combatants and civilians caught in the crossfire and killed by us or those we were fighting against. People in this country still suffer grief from the loss of their loved ones, but we paid that back as well, making sure way more in other countries would feel the same grief also.

However what we never did was actually go hold the Saudis who helped fund the terrorists & from where most of the terrorists came, accountable for their actions. Nor did we really put the threat to the Pakistanis early enough to tell them to stop letting helpers of the enemy operate in their areas. (like Osama living nicely over there).

Have you checked out the wholesale Genocide the Saudis are doing in Yemen because they believe in Allah a different way and don't want to be slaves to Sunni masters?

The Nazis were evil, but we kind of killed the living daylights out of them, both combatants and civilians. If you look at the amount of Germans the allies on all fronts killed or caused to die, I'd say we paid them back pretty good. AFTER the end of WWII around 2 million Germans will killed over a couple years just to add to the payback, many Germans died in Soviet labor camps just as terrible or more so than the German concentration camps. So I'm pretty sure we got some pretty good payback on them. Hard to say an exact numbers game however because there was just so much killing on all sides and our "allies" the communists were really evil themselves.

If you want to be intellectually honest, you can't overlook the war criminals that both our country & the Russians helped quietly get moved to our respective countries from both Germany and Japan, when they had technical skills and knowledge we wanted for our weapons programs.
    Again it was for "the greater good" as defined by the governments at the time.

However our government actively excused and covered up the much more horrible levels of evil the Soviet & Chinese Communists did.
    The fact that we executed some German officers for crimes that were known at the time in intelligence and later openly proved to be committed by the Soviets bears that out.

The English were shipping truck loads of captured Cossack families, men women and children, to the literal machine gun pits the Soviets were massacring them in, by the thousands... any notes from any of the "moralists" about how horrible that was?... The English government then forbade those soldiers driving the trucks from talking under the "official secrets" acts.

So ask yourself... is driving a load of women and children with their surrendered husbands up to the machine gun pits where the communists are mowing them down right there and forcing them off then going and driving off for another load not Evil?.... If you think that's fine, you don't get to blame the German people... if you think that's evil... how come you don't bother holding the English to account for it?

We could have nipped ISIS in the bud with a couple days of bombing runs when we first saw they were getting started... but nope... we waited till they had setup their whole reign of terror across 2 countries and were doing such horrible acts that they shocked the conscience of everybody before we went on a half hearted bombing campaign.

Today it's fashionable with the SJW / Democrat / Communist crowd to loudly say how evil the Nazis were while yearning for a Communist Utopia and waxing lyrical about the glories of Communist systems. Or wearing a T shirt with Hitler's face on it would be totally evil, but they could wear a Che shirt and feel proud about it, even though the Che guy was a brutal murderer of women and children along with men and anybody not his brand of Communist.

If you look long enough, everybody all though history has had the capacity to do evil things and feel justified in doing so & there is no chance that will change anytime soon.

My greatest encounter with evil was working in Former Yugoslavia in some psy ops components...

This was during the really bad days in Sarajevo. There was actually a huge sniper problem. And some of the better known operator teams were sending guys to deal with these snipers.

Turned out that more than a few of these 'snipers' were privileged "Eurotrash" types coming in on weekend and "Spring Break" jaunts from the likes of Oxford and Cambridge... They would "Rent" a rifle from some sh!+wads for the weekend. And then go up into nice, safe apartments and high-rises where they would shoot at people with impunity. Not combatants. Anyone. It was a war zone. They shot up markets. They shot up crosswalks. Anything that moved.

A few were caught. Most were not. Those who were caught... generally ended up handed back to Baroness Mommy and Lord Daddy at the behest of a solicitor. The guys 'renting' the rifles were finally dealt with. And word went out that there would be no prisoners in future. And the tourism stopped.

But that was evil incarnate.

I bet most of them are mid-to-high-level civil servants and merchant bankers now.

I look forward to O'Reilly's next book. All of his "Killing" series have been great books. Not exactly mainstream academic works... which is why they are so good. They are turning millions of Americans on to history. That makes academic historians pissy and jealous. Because, unlike Stephen Ambrose, Cornelius Ryan and Bill O'Reilly... their academic histories don't let them afford a Bentley. Well... history comes in many forms. Without a public interested in history, academic programs are not funded. No Bucks, No Buck Rogers. Bill O'Reilly, Ambrose, Ken Burns, Ryan... did more for history than 1000 academics in their ivory towers. Write a best-seller... fund the arcane research.

Sirhr

My greatest encounter with evil was working in Former Yugoslavia in some psy ops components...

This was during the really bad days in Sarajevo. There was actually a huge sniper problem. And some of the better known operator teams were sending guys to deal with these snipers.

Turned out that more than a few of these 'snipers' were privileged "Eurotrash" types coming in on weekend and "Spring Break" jaunts from the likes of Oxford and Cambridge... They would "Rent" a rifle from some sh!+wads for the weekend. And then go up into nice, safe apartments and high-rises where they would shoot at people with impunity. Not combatants. Anyone. It was a war zone. They shot up markets. They shot up crosswalks. Anything that moved.

A few were caught. Most were not. Those who were caught... generally ended up handed back to Baroness Mommy and Lord Daddy at the behest of a solicitor. The guys 'renting' the rifles were finally dealt with. And word went out that there would be no prisoners in future. And the tourism stopped.

But that was evil incarnate.

I bet most of them are mid-to-high-level civil servants and merchant bankers now.

I look forward to O'Reilly's next book. All of his "Killing" series have been great books. Not exactly mainstream academic works... which is why they are so good. They are turning millions of Americans on to history. That makes academic historians pissy and jealous. Because, unlike Stephen Ambrose, Cornelius Ryan and Bill O'Reilly... their academic histories don't let them afford a Bentley. Well... history comes in many forms. Without a public interested in history, academic programs are not funded. No Bucks, No Buck Rogers. Bill O'Reilly, Ambrose, Ken Burns, Ryan... did more for history than 1000 academics in their ivory towers. Write a best-seller... fund the arcane research.

Sirhr
    One of my friends is from Croatia. He was a 'counter' to those you are describing. It was he, that suggested I look-up "Black Arrow" many years ago.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I deal with evil every day. I guess call me cynical, But virtue signaling is on both sides. I see a lot of chest pounding in here of how we need to sort out evil, but few of you do anything actually in reality to help. Not that I think any less of anybody in here, just there are lots of agencies that need good men. All it takes for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing.

See, there I am doing it myself. Virtue signaling LOL. I’m not better than anyone .... lol

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I deal with evil every day. I guess call me cynical, But virtue signaling is on both sides. I see a lot of chest pounding in here of how we need to sort out evil, but few of you do anything actually in reality to help. Not that I think any less of anybody in here, just there are lots of agencies that need good men. All it takes for evil to survive is for good men to do nothing.

See, there I am doing it myself. Virtue signaling LOL. I’m not better than anyone .... lol
    Most of us at least voted against Hillary, and take the best care of our families we can.

Most of us at least voted against Hillary, and take the best care of our families we can.
    Absolutely. That is all most of can do honestly. No sarcasm at all. I also find it interesting that the popularity of hating what the Germans have done, and God in heaven knows how evil that was, but as pointed out above, God also knows that is not the only evil in the world.

Evil is the history of the world. Only in the past ~220 years has slavery NOT been a normal thing.....

Evil will always be around us. Let us use our free will of choice to make our small world around us a bit better every day.

Being a Cop is not fun, I have to remind myself every day to not let the cynicism get to me.

Sirhr

Thats how I got into the Barrett M 82-1. The was a show on the TV about what was going on. One guy they interviewed talked about how easy it was to get one here and showed some photos of it. I wish I had a picture of my eyes when I learned that...probably got as big as saucers, me thinking "You mean I can have one of those?" Went right out and ordered one. A lot of fun but not really practical for much here.

Being a Cop is not fun, I have to remind myself every day to not let the cynicism get to me.

I can imagine, brother. A few years ago, and a change or two before Scout, there was a cop from San Francisco Bay area on here, who had under his name..."Garbage collector." I kind of figure that if thats your attitude you should find another trade.

Reactions: Bender