• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An off the wall question about an LMT .308 barrel.

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I have an Armalite .308 upper and lower receiver. My ideal barrel for this build would be 16" and chrome lined with a medium profile. The reason for this is I want to be able to shoot steel cased .308 and not worry about screwing up a nice match barrel. Unfortunately, the only option I can find that is even close is from Armalite, but their barrels are LW profile. So, here is the question:
If I could get my hands on an LMT MWS .308 barrel, does anyone think a gunsmith could install an Armalite extension and make the barrel usable on an Armalite receiver?

Re: An off the wall question about an LMT .308 barrel.

While this is something I wouldnt consider due to cost, I am sure there is someone out there who could do it. it seems to me like a lot of extra work to make one of these barrels work in a regular ar 10 type rifle when tons of companies already make compatible barrels.

If you end up converting an lmt barrel, I would be interested in your old lmt specific barrel parts.

Re: An off the wall question about an LMT .308 barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While this is something I wouldnt consider due to cost, I am sure there is someone out there who could do it. it seems to me like a lot of extra work to make one of these barrels work in a regular ar 10 type rifle when tons of companies already make compatible barrels.

If you end up converting an lmt barrel, I would be interested in your old lmt specific barrel parts. </div></div>

Yes, I realize it would damn near be cost prohibitive. The question is really just thinking out loud since it is the only barrel I can find that meets my specs.