• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AN/PAS-13C

Re: AN/PAS-13C

I did a quick search online, but didn't find any free source.

The TM number is TM 11-5855-316-10 and -317-10

Much appreciated, I have the #s, just cant find the pubs. I am pretty sure they are not available to the "general populace". And not sure if even just the pubs themselves are "open".

The search continues...

Those publications are considered controlled right now, as thermal systems are giving us the edge on the battlefield. I was teaching their employment and use at the Infantry school at fort benning. And the main issue with these sights is that most people are using the wrong batteries with the systems.

The PAS-13C is designed around the L91 AA Lithium battery. This battery has a different amperage than the standard Alkaline battery. When standard alkalines are used, the status of charge indicator will not work, and the batteries last for a tenth to a quarter of the time that a comperable set of L91's would.

Most People are unaware of the difference in the batteries. And it affects their perception of the system. Most claim the system doesn't work. Make sure when you teach people how to use thermals, they understand this. If they use L91's, they will get the maximum benefit out of the system.

If you have any questions PM me and I will answer what I can. Hope this helped.