• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An unexpected recce rifle emerges...

HKslave

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2022
NC
IMG_20220420_205141.jpg
IMG_20220420_205205.jpg
IMG_20220420_205151.jpg
IMG_20220420_205313.jpg
IMG_20220420_205327.jpg

So this mcx used to be the rifle that would ride around in the trunk with me and all it had was troy flip ups and a surefire torch. After buying an swfa scope that didn't work out so great on another project, i didnt want to return it, so i made it a new home atop this rifle.

Originally i would just punch paper at 1-200 with the irons, but now this mcx has the capacity to defend me from paper targets up to 600 yds away with moa accuracy using the swfa 12x.

In truth, i feel like this rifle really lives up to its name, being a "virtus" and all, as it is a highly capable rifle in any scenario. Everything is qd, so i can adjust the loadout on this setup at a moments notice.

This rifle goes full Bourne Identity DMR, (note that the sniper (clive owens character) im referring to in Bourne identity used a SIG 550, the mcx's spiritual predecessor, and when He took the scope off the top to engage close range, their were no iron sights on the prop used in the movie, heehee...👌)

Reactions: Eli17L
Mistakes like that are very common in movies as well as tv shows. on that really made me laugh was in one of my favorite movies We W Soldiers Were" When Mel Gibson who plays Col Hal Moore orders his final attack to overrun the NVA shows a NVA gunner firing an MG34 with the rear sight standing completely vertical. By the way that final attack never took place in the book "We Were Soldiers Once And Young " written by Joe Galloway who was at the battle portrayed by Barry Pepper. Great movie despite the mistake.

Reactions: Plinker 73