• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anarchy CZ 455 Swept Bolt Handle

Tactical Taz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
WYOMING
I wanted to share another option for the CZ users looking to have a threaded handle for a knob. I ordered the CZ 455 swept handle from Anarchy Outdoors and installed it today. Haven't made it out to shoot. For me it changes the feel of the action quite a bit. Although I did clean my bolt and lube it pretty well when installing it, I wasn't getting the hitch in the action that I was with the factory handle. The new handle was a little tight in my action at first, with a couple of noticeable wear points, but with some lube and cycling the bolt about 20 times, it is very smooth now. Pictures are with one of the Anarchy 5/16x24 anodized fluted knobs. It may be a little spendy for some but it seems like with the new casting with the hole on the factory knob, you have to go through a lot of work to get that threaded.

BTW - I am using the Area 419 base and also happen to have medium height rings on as well. They suggest medium height rings if you aren't using the 419 base. The handle is about as close to my throw lever as it was with the factory handle but the added length on the knob keeps my hand pretty far from the scope.

IMG_20180508_074539114.jpg
IMG_20180508_074650454.jpg
IMG_20180508_074736139.jpg
IMG_20180508_074814132.jpg
IMG_20180508_074922433.jpg

Reactions: Skok3y
I also installed one yesterday and I was not so impressed. Seemed draggy on lift and closure. And also with 2 different bolt knobs it hits my knuckle.

Thanks for the review and pics. I'm still undecided... Nothing really wrong with my current handle

Reactions: SLG
Thanks for passing that along. I was looking at one of these, but settled on having my factory knob upgraded before they came back in stock this week.

I have one of these on order for a CZ 455 build. I’ll add some comments when the build is complete in a few weeks. Luckily, I have access to measurement tools so I’ll measure headspace with the factory bolt and the Anarchy, as well as scope clearance between the two.

I wanted to share another option for the CZ users looking to have a threaded handle for a knob. I ordered the CZ 455 swept handle from Anarchy Outdoors and installed it today. Haven't made it out to shoot. For me it changes the feel of the action quite a bit. Although I did clean my bolt and lube it pretty well when installing it, I wasn't getting the hitch in the action that I was with the factory handle. The new handle was a little tight in my action at first, with a couple of noticeable wear points, but with some lube and cycling the bolt about 20 times, it is very smooth now. Pictures are with one of the Anarchy 5/16x24 anodized fluted knobs. It may be a little spendy for some but it seems like with the new casting with the hole on the factory knob, you have to go through a lot of work to get that threaded.

BTW - I am using the Area 419 base and also happen to have medium height rings on as well. They suggest medium height rings if you aren't using the 419 base. The handle is about as close to my throw lever as it was with the factory handle but the added length on the knob keeps my hand pretty far from the scope.

View attachment 6901939View attachment 6901940View attachment 6901941View attachment 6901942View attachment 6901943

What rail is on the bottom? Good looking stick tho

I threw on the Area 419 Manners RRS dovetail rail on the bottom while I wait for a different stock to come in. I am kind of liking it though even on a 22 and may just leave it on.

Reactions: winniethepooh
I also installed one yesterday and I was not so impressed. Seemed draggy on lift and closure. And also with 2 different bolt knobs it hits my knuckle.

I was not impressed at first either. Mine was dragging also but it quickly smoothed up after cycling it about 20 times. I will see how it feels after the lube drys out more. For my hand position the knob is very close to my knuckle but does not touch it. I hold the manners a little lower so I can index my finger a little lower on the trigger. However, if I adjust to how I see some hold the manners with their thumb up to the flat behind the bolt then the bolt knob hits just above my knuckle. Thanks for pointing that out as I overlooked the various hand positions people use.

Thanks for the review and pics. I'm still undecided... Nothing really wrong with my current handle

No there was definitely nothing wrong with my factory bolt and knob. I could run that well enough for what I am doing with it. I suppose this was more of an impulse buy than anything. I do like the look of it better, and just messing around with it at the house it changes the feel of the action for me. It feels quicker and even shorter throw to me.

Does anyone offer a clamp on similar to this? I got this off eBay for my budget Remington 700 223. The fit was very good.
IMG_5841.JPG

@PAYDIRT

Don’t think so, but you can throw some JB Weld on the bolt knob to beef it up. Mine ain’t pretty, but its very functional. There was a thread on here that put out some good looking ones.

Received mine yesterday and will confirm it felt exactly like Tactical Taz's. A little tight when first installed, and was dragging a bit when cocking the striker. A little lube and about 30 cycles and it smoothed out nicely. I got the same knob as Taz and it is a bit too long for my liking. If you run your hand really low on the grip, your finger won't touch the knob, but I'll probably replace the knob with something smaller (maybe a round ball).

Also, I measured headspace with both bolt handles. These readings are from bolt face to receiver face. Factory handled = 1.23325", Anarchy handle measured 1.23570", so an increase of .00245" in headspace with the Anarchy handle.

Overall I like the feel of the handle, but the knob is a little big. I might even bend the handle a bit to make the sweep angle a little less, but I'm going to try it with a round knob (AI style) first.

Overall I like the feel of the handle, but the knob is a little big. I might even bend the handle a bit to make the sweep angle a little less, but I'm going to try it with a round knob (AI style) first.

I have been curious about a round knob also. Do you have a specific one in mind? I feel like it would have to be smaller diameter than most round knobs out there to not hit your knuckle. Let us know what you come up with.

I have been curious about a round knob also. Do you have a specific one in mind? I feel like it would have to be smaller diameter than most round knobs out there to not hit your knuckle. Let us know what you come up with.

I ordered a PTG round knob from Midwayusa last night. It's .875" diameter, so I'm not sure if it will be too big or not. PTG also makes a tear drop shaped knob that looked pretty nice. I should have ordered both to save on shipping, as they were only about $10 each. I'll update with some pics of the Anarchy knob and round PTG knob with knuckle clearance when I receive it.

Update: I finally finished my 455 and below is a pic of it with the Anarchy bolt handle and PTG round knob. Clearance is perfect with the S&B and the round knob does not touch my trigger finger, unlike the Anarchy knob. The PTG round knob is the perfect size in my opinion for this application.

IMG_3183.JPG
IMG_3184.JPG

Does it just slide over the existing bolt knob?
It does. 5 sec installation. Not fancy, but surprisingly effective. I've had a NF SHV F1 on it, as well as an SWFA 3-15. Both on the 419 rail. No issues with clearance.

Shot mine quite a bit at the range today as it is shown above. Feel is awesome for me and makes the action run a bit smoother when running it fast. I do not notice the hitch on cocking the factory knob/handle gave. Didn't have any roughness to the throw at all in any portion. My buddy and I put about 400 rounds on it today with positional practice. I did not have any problem with my knuckle hitting the Anarchy fluted knob shown. As mentioned earlier, I do sit my hand lower on the stock and index my finger off the bottom of the trigger close to the guard.