• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s And Down Goes Bama...

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012
For the second time in three weeks, my beloved Tigers have defeated the #1 team in the nation. I can't help but say how sweet it is to defeat your TWO BIGGEST rivals when they are both undefeated and ranked #1. We lost our second and third string running backs tonight though, and are down to fourth. Plus, it's really difficult to beat a good team like Georgia twice, but we'll have to face them again next week, and without our best. Anyway, WDE!!

The good news is, your 4th string fella would start at just about any other D1 school!

I wasn’t going to watch the game, but when I turned it on, and Auburn was having their way with a Bama on the first drive, I just had to watch. I’m glad I did. It was fun to watch. As far as those Aurburn kids were concerned, this was their National Championship, and they showed up to play. Being an LSU fan, I don’t care much for Auburn, but any day Alabama gets their ass handed to them, is a good day. Good luck Auburn. Beat Georgia next week, and I’ll be pulling for you in the “playoffs”.

Congrats man. I sent Veer a msg last night when I got home from th bar but didn't have your # to do the same.

I actually couldve enjoyed that game game if it weren't for the loudest cunt you've ever heard screaming for Auburn INTO my ear. She cleared an entire side of the bar with people trying to just hear the game over her profane, non-stop, max volume cuntery. This wasn't at a civilized place like BWW, this was a smoky southern dive bar where there's generally a 10-way tie for the most obnoxious prick in the place and she was the undisputed winner.
I'd been nursing my beer with the hopes of being able to stay and watch LSU vs A&M and I had such a miserable headache by the end of the Iron Bowl I just had to leave.

The state of Alabama was well represented, and the SEC championship and playoffs are going to be worth watching for sure.

I spent last night watching the Auburn / Georgia game with a group of friends who are devoted AU fans. I happily cheered for Auburn to represent the state in the playoffs but we were largely drowned out by a group of Bama fans cheering for Georgia just to fuck over Auburn. It's largely the reason I was an Alabama fan in Louisiana but chose to pull for LSU once I moved here. The depth of nastiness in the rivalry is toxic.

My head has been ready to explode for the past week trying to decipher how the current BCS rankings/playoffs are any less random than the previous system, only to wake up and find that Alabama is now back in the playoffs and Auburn and Ohio State are out. Just throw a fucking dart at a board or admit that the playoffs are decided by projected viewer ratings and be done with it.

Yeah, AU didn't show up to play. The injuries from earlier games were really killing them by halftime too, and they just couldn't find a new path.

I was amazed to see Bama back in the playoffs. While they are our biggest rival, I'm not disappointed at all. Personally, if AU can't be there, I'd just as soon it be someone from our state, and in this case it's someone we beat handily so it reflects well on us. However, if I'm honest, as much as I don't like Ohio St., I really believe they deserve to be there instead of Bama.

When the playoff picks were announced I did some reading to try to figure out the logic of it (if there is any). Apparently there were two main factors that went into the final standings: Alabama's only loss was to the best team they faced all year. Ohio State lost big to Iowa State, which was unranked. They also had to factor in who had the best chance of winning big playoff games. As I understand it the panel had to choose between having two teams from the same conference, or two teams with two losses. I may have fucked that up since I read it a few days ago.

Either way, I think it really came down to TV viewers and ad dollars. An AL / Clemson rematch is a big money draw.

Auburn definitely showed that there's TWO programs in the state again, and I don't see them getting overlooked as much next year. Add in Troy's huge upset victory at LSU and Alabama as a state gave a damn fine showing of itself this season.

Now if Coach O can keep LSU improving, next year's SEC could be a real sumbitch.

Just a minor correction to most but I'm a Hawkeye.
;)

My apologies, I was worried I'd fucked that up when I was typing it. Good on y'all and thanks for playing a role in getting Bama back into the playoffs. I went to the college that The Water Boy was based off of, and despite having a horrible football program we beat Bama ONCE. You'll probably still see faculty wearing "We Beat Bama!" shirts from almost 30yrs ago. It's a huge thing for school morale to slay a giant.

My apologies, I was worried I'd fucked that up when I was typing it. Good on y'all and thanks for playing a role in getting Bama back into the playoffs. I went to the college that The Water Boy was based off of, and despite having a horrible football program we beat Bama ONCE. You'll probably still see faculty wearing "We Beat Bama!" shirts from almost 30yrs ago. It's a huge thing for school morale to slay a giant.

Its ok Bogey, we knew what you meant :). Heck, Iowa State beat Oklahoma this year, bout the same thing.