• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And so, it begins.

gafferq2xl

Trigger Ape
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2006
Wichita, KS
20180424_073134.jpg
20180424_073141.jpg
20180424_073149.jpg

A McMillan Beast 2 arrived at my house this Saturday and after fondling it for a couple hours I decided add it to the component list for my ELR build. Other components are as follows;

375 CheyTac
Stiller Tac 408 w/40MOA rail
K&P 36" barrel
T5 Teminator
Bix-n-Andy Sport Tac
PTG SS trigger guard
March FX 5-40 FML-1 or
NF F1 7-35 Mil C
ARC rings or mount

Last edited:
I believe that is the first stock like that I have seen outside of the McM website. Great color. That is for a 408 cheyenne?

mijp5, the Beast 2 can accommodate any bore bore caliber/action up to a 2" diameter so yes, you could do a 408 CT in it.

Is that 3 different stocks? A red marble Beast a white stock and now a green stock?

Is that 3 different stocks? A red marble Beast a white stock and now a green stock?

No, only 2. The Beast as you named but the grey and green are the same, the green is tape for the bedding process.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking what was wrong with the beast?

If you don't mind me asking what was wrong with the beast?

Upon receiving the Beast 2 I found it very desirable so I sent it back and instructed them to inlet it asap. Via phone my gunsmith was consulted for inletting specs.

Several weeks went by and I called to inquire how the inletting was proceeding. The response I received wasn't anything less than devastating. Somehow, an identical stock was dicovered to be missing. This missing stock was slated to go to another customer. As such the one I bought was no longer available due to this other sale.

Without much in the way of options aside from start a new order and not much understanding over this issue I went with a Manners.

Upon receiving the Beast 2 I found it very desirable so I sent it back and instructed them to inlet it asap. Via phone my gunsmith was consulted for inletting specs.

Several weeks went by and I called to inquire how the inletting was proceeding. The response I received wasn't anything less than devastating. Somehow, an identical stock was dicovered to be missing. This missing stock was slated to go to another customer. As such the one I bought was no longer available due to this other sale.

Without much in the way of options aside from start a new order and not much understanding over this issue I went with a Manners.

So you bought a stock, received it, than sent it back for inletting and than they sold your stock causing basically a reorder of your bought and paid for stock?

So you bought a stock, received it, than sent it back for inletting and than they sold your stock causing basically a reorder of your bought and paid for stock?

Not exactly. Their inventory showed 2 stocks on hand but one that was sold before mine came up missing. By default (I guess) the stock I bought slid to the other customer based on sales timeline. When this was explained to me was the time I ordered a different stock.

After a frantic pace of final component acquisition, set up, load development and data trueing I competed in my 1st ELR match at Spearpoint Ranch in Barnard KS. 35 shooters competed it the match and I am humbled with my finish. An excellent cof and challenging winds were rule of the day. Met many great people there and hope to see them again.

20190324_083556.jpg

Attachments

• March 23, 2019 ELR Scores.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Geno C.
Good meeting you? My damn eyes were wind burnt!!
You as well Gene. Man, you aren't kidding. I didn't realize until I was on the road for 30 minutes and natural moisture started to creep back in I needed to find an eye flush station :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was hoping that it would have subsided by now. I don't have ringing in my ears rather I still hear that wind!!

Reactions: Geno C.
No kidding! The funny thing is, Steve our those bales there to block the wind, but that only helps when the wind comes from the north, not directly from the south ?

Oh, I thought it was to form some sort of boundary to keep people from say....rolling down the hill??
Those round bales would have been put to better use on the shooting line, right?? I think one of my buddies had the best piece of high speed, low drag gear at the match. What do you think??
20190323_104941.jpg

Reactions: camotoe
Looks like tgat manners stock finished up very nice!