• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

And swing sets turned target stands

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
I have an old swing set that needs retiring and was thinking of converting it to a target stand for metal swing targets or whatever? Post up pics if you have any.

Use fire hose, or pieces of conveyor belt to mount targets as both of those hold up far better than chain, or other things that get cut by a bullet.

I use "Road Alligator's" for my club and they will take hundreds of hits and still hold up. Best part is that they are free and all over the place. If you soak them overnight in a tub of water they are very easy to cut.

Gotcha. Gotta find some steel now that's heavy enough to take the bullet abuse but light enough not to fold up the swing set.

Sounds like a good idea. Never used a swing set for a target stand, but they make good engine hoists if they are stout enough! I think I will use the next one as a target stand tho!

Really old thread, but go to a place that changes tires and ask for some old ones. Theyll look at you a bit funny until you explain, but theyll give em to you for free.

Use what you have.
I like the idea of a swing set and "road alligators" (so long as you don't get yourself run over while retrieving them). Next time I see an old swing set for free/cheap on the side of the road I am all over it.

I picked up a couple rolls of retired fire hoses from my local FD for free.
I had a few random lengths of galvanized pipe and stacks of left over fence posts.

Here is how I hung them:
2013.04.17_036.jpg

Make sure that you paint both sides of the target, they frequently get stuck upside down:
2013.04.17_034.jpg