• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AndiScan and Bulletseeker Doppler

parshal

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Colorado
I figure this deserves a new thread. Let's use this to discuss the two newest chronographs to the market.

I received an AndiScan yesterday. It's like a tiny labradar. There's a little bit of a learning curve to the different menus and settings. I tested it in the yard with a 22 rimfire using the pic adapter on the action rail. I changed the firmware to expert mode I could change the velocity range to wide so it would read the 22 but it wouldn't read. The SNR is was 7-9 db. I drilled/tapped an arca adapter in the mill to let me screw the supplied printed adapters to it. Once I moved the AS near the end of the chassis it read no problem. I didn't have to change any other setting other than changing to wide mode.

<edit> I already learned something. I changed the trigger from 9 to 1 which is the lowest setting possible. It read no problem when mounted back by the scope. The theory is that, with the higher setting, it triggered while the bullet was still in the barrel.

I'll update more as I play with it a bit. My hope for this is to have a fully enclosed unit (not needing a smartphone) that can quickly be moved to gun to gun. I need my reading glasses to see the fonts but being able to remove it, read info and put it back without realigning (like a labradar) is fantastic. Even with a battery life of one hour I think it will easily work. It fully charges in an hour as well and can be run while attached to a battery back.

Last edited:
This is the website. F-Class John did a video review back in March, I believe. They released a small batch last week which I was able to get in on. They will have a larger batch late summer.

With the current exchange rate the price was just over $1K. Way more than I thought it was going to be.

Yes, I've seen that. I didn't connect the dots that the chrono FCJ reviewed was the AndiScan.

Reactions: parshal
I figure this deserves a new thread. Let's use this to discuss the two newest chronographs to the market.

I received an AndiScan yesterday. It's like a tiny labradar. There's a little bit of a learning curve to the different menus and settings. I tested it in the yard with a 22 rimfire using the pic adapter on the action rail. I changed the firmware to expert mode I could change the velocity range to wide so it would read the 22 but it wouldn't read. The SNR is was 7-9 db. I drilled/tapped an arca adapter in the mill to let me screw the supplied printed adapters to it. Once I moved the AS near the end of the chassis it read no problem. I didn't have to change any other setting other than changing to wide mode.

<edit> I already learned something. I changed the trigger from 9 to 1 which is the lowest setting possible. It read no problem when mounted back by the scope. The theory is that, with the higher setting, it triggered while the bullet was still in the barrel.

I'll update more as I play with it a bit. My hope for this is to have a fully enclosed unit (not needing a smartphone) that can quickly be moved to gun to gun. I need my reading glasses to see the fonts but being able to remove it, read info and put it back without realigning (like a labradar) is fantastic. Even with a battery life of one hour I think it will easily work. It fully charges in an hour as well and can be run while attached to a battery back.
I received mine a couple of days ago (after the issue with DHL and the batteries). I'd agree with others that the case materials leave something to be desired, but it's not a super high volume product. I think the compact footprint and the ease of setup is worth the price over having to setup a magnetospeed. Not to mention there is pic rail on every bolt gun, while magneto only has options for arca rail from what I've seen.

I haven't shot with the Andi yet, but I can only mount it next to the eyepiece of my scope due to pic rail space, so if I have the same issues, I'll need to come up with an arca rail adapter as well. Would you mind sharing a picture of the arca adapter you built?

While AndiScan is by all accounts a very capable Radar Chrono its still in a pre-series production phase with 3d printed case and still some development quirks,at present BulletSeeker, is much more mature product.

As for the pricing, i would be surprised it would cost 1k $ as Euro - USD exchange ratio in now very favorable to European products, euro lost something like 15% of value against the USD in past couple of months.

Last edited:
Here's the adapter I built.

If you connect the AS to action's pic rail you need to set the trigger to 1. It wouldn't read on my 22 LR unless I moved it to the end of the chassis when left at the default of 9. Once I changed the trigger to 1 it reads every time no matter where it's attached.

I asked the seller about the 3D printed body versus injection molded that f-class john mentioned and he said he would most likely be keeping the 3D print. He said something about it being as tough as injection molded. I've been playing with a 3D printer and am shocked at the strength of printed parts so I have no reason to doubt him. It may look cheap but it doesn't change functionality.

Attachments

• arca1.jpeg
    arca1.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 289
  • arca2.jpeg
    arca2.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 282
  • arca3.jpeg
    arca3.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: stevenc23
While Andiscan is by all accounts a very capable Radar Chrono its still in a pre series production phase with 3d printed case and still some development quirks,at present Bullet Seeker is a much more mature product.

As for the pricing, i would be surprised it would cost 1k $ as Euro - USD exchange ration are now very favorable to European products ,euro lost something like 15% of value against the USD in past couple of months.
I didn't even know there was another radar Chrono that existed other than Labradar. They must not advertise very well if at all in the US. And I've never seen it mentioned by anyone I follow in the long range world. Looks pretty clean though and cheaper. Interesting

Bulletseeker just needs the iOS app to come out and it’ll be good to go. Works very well.

So far AndiScan looks very promising. There is bit of a learning curve, Initial comparison to my Labradar has it reading 8-10FPS lower but consistently so with centerfire. Much easier to use with rimfire, no external trigger required.

You can change offset in expert mode on the AS and it will calculate true MV based on position.

I like mine. Sold the LR almost immediately.

You can change offset in expert mode on the AS and it will calculate true MV based on position.

I like mine. Sold the LR almost immediately.
Thanks will have to figure that out , right now I have it off the pic rail at the chamber, which I thought was ideal. in addtion evry now and then I will get a false measurement and it is always the same 1583FPS, not sure why.

I've had to change positions pretty significantly between suppressed and braked.

I've had to change positions pretty significantly between suppressed and braked.
What all did you have to change to get it to work suppressed? Just position no interface stuff? I'm looking between these two and seems like the BS4 has some issues with longer barrels and suppressors.

I've played with all the settings and the only thing that needs to change from the defaults is the range from H to Wide when moving from centerfire to rimfire. Suppressed and rimfire are both at the same mounting point on my rifles and same on the hangar. For braked, I have to raise it to the higher mounting point.

Reactions: Demthios
I've played with all the settings and the only thing that needs to change from the defaults is the range from H to Wide when moving from centerfire to rimfire. Suppressed and rimfire are both at the same mounting point on my rifles and same on the hangar. For braked, I have to raise it to the higher mounting point.
Did you ever get your bulletseeker?

Seems to be sitting the Netherlands waiting to be shipped since the 24th.

That sucks kinda looking forward to your thoughts on both. Trying to make up my mind on which to order.
I haven't used an andiscan but I feel like the bs m4 has so much more potential with software updates and adding stuff to the app

that is one cool looking unit I will wait for a stronger dollar or the price to come down 800 ish max .

Reactions: chutinlead
I haven't used an andiscan but I feel like the bs m4 has so much more potential with software updates and adding stuff to the app

Updates to the AS are pretty easy. Download a file, rename it and put it on the SD card. He's made quite a few changes and adds for testing.

Updates to the AS are pretty easy. Download a file, rename it and put it on the SD card. He's made quite a few changes and adds for testing.
Don't get me wrong I think the AS is a great device I just t think the bsm4 will eventually evolve it because of Bluetooth and the app

Seems to be sitting the Netherlands waiting to be shipped since the 24th.
So I did talk to PostNL and SSD and both said the tracking doesn't update until it lands in the states. Ssd also gave me a usps tracking number because they are who takes over after it gets through customs

I went for a BulletSeeker in the end. So far, happy with it. Initial assessment:
- Very compact unit, can keep it in the range bag (versus the extra bag and bulk of the Labradar)
- Picked up every shot without fail. No triggering complications. The unit doesn't rely upon an acoustic or kinetic (recoil) trigger like the LR.
- iOS app is still in beta, but seems to work reliably. Lots of potential for adding features via the app.
- Excellent support from the manufacturer. Both sales and technical support responded within hours.
- More convinced about how MV is measured with the BulletSeeker which collects hundreds of tracks from within a few feet of the muzzle. The Labradar doesn't track until much further down range, then performs a linear regression to calculate the MV (which I've proven to be less than completely reliable as it's sensitive to signal-to-noise drop-off in the LR track data).
- Very expensive, but there's a lot of value in the product, with future potential.
- The unit seems very well engineered, both electronically and mechanical. The LR by comparison is a bit of joke, big plastic box with an unnecessarily large circuit board and clunky layout inside.
- Durability, particularly susceptibility to recoil to be determined.

I went for a BulletSeeker in the end. So far, happy with it. Initial assessment:
- Very compact unit, can keep it in the range bag (versus the extra bag and bulk of the Labradar)
- Picked up every shot without fail. No triggering complications. The unit doesn't rely upon an acoustic or kinetic (recoil) trigger like the LR.
- iOS app is still in beta, but seems to work reliably. Lots of potential for adding features via the app.
- Excellent support from the manufacturer. Both sales and technical support responded within hours.
- More convinced about how MV is measured with the BulletSeeker which collects hundreds of tracks from within a few feet of the muzzle. The Labradar doesn't track until much further down range, then performs a linear regression to calculate the MV (which I've proven to be less than completely reliable as it's sensitive to signal-to-noise drop-off in the LR track data).
- Very expensive, but there's a lot of value in the product, with future potential.
- The unit seems very well engineered, both electronically and mechanical. The LR by comparison is a bit of joke, big plastic box with an unnecessarily large circuit board and clunky layout inside.
- Durability, particularly susceptibility to recoil to be determined.
Have you tried it with a suppressor?

I'd like to try one out if it works with a can, but very few positive reports on that front. I hope it works.

Bullet seeker has no trigger it’s on, you can walk with it and it can register

Cans are no issue

The Andithing I wasn’t a fan of the screen was hard to read to me,
View attachment 7970079View attachment 7970080

I like the Bulletseeker App too
So you'd suggest the Bulletseeker between the two? I am torn between which to get. My main consideration is I do not want to attach either to a gun and just run them on a mini tripid on the bench so I can switch between guns more freely but desperately in need of a new chrono as soon as possible. I have been waiting for next batch of andiX but having more thoughts about just going with the BS. Any more opinions on why one over the other? Thanks

So you'd suggest the Bulletseeker between the two? I am torn between which to get. My main consideration is I do not want to attach either to a gun and just run them on a mini tripid on the bench so I can switch between guns more freely but desperately in need of a new chrono as soon as possible. I have been waiting for next batch of andiX but having more thoughts about just going with the BS. Any more opinions on why one over the other? Thanks
Depends on the location of your tripod and if you want to see data between shots or just at a break or something. I've heard the screen is very small on the andiscan. I want with the BS4 because I love the app idea and storing data

Reactions: tw12321
Still trialing both. While the AS screen is a little small it is still readable and you can connect it via WIFI to see results if you want, however that ability with BS is certainly more refined at this point. So far the AS has been less fussy in terms of moving from rifle to rifle. Have not tried either from a tripod yet, as I really want to attach it to my gun. As cans are a no go up here in Canada have no experience with that. So far brakes are not a problem with the BS once you get a feel for it. Have Parabolic adapter coming to trial for the BS.

Last edited:
Hey so I've been having some Bluetooth connection problems. It will just disconnect randomly and then I'll close the app reopen and it won't connect so I have to unpair it from my phone and re-pair it. Anybody else having these problems or did I get a dud?

I have a new BS4 but I’m waiting on a mounting tube for it before I take it into the field. The pic rails on my rifles are clearly too far from the suppressor muzzle for the radar to pick up shots based on the recommended distance from Longseeker so I’m going to put it on a CF tube like a magnetospeed. It’ll still be way more convenient than my LabRadar.

I have a new BS4 but I’m waiting on a mounting tube for it before I take it into the field. The pic rails on my rifles are clearly too far from the suppressor muzzle for the radar to pick up shots based on the recommended distance from Longseeker so I’m going to put it on a CF tube like a magnetospeed. It’ll still be way more convenient than my LabRadar.
How far away?

Reactions: BB2
Like 28” and behind a fat suppressor. I think very little chance it would be able to see the bullet at the muzzle based on what others have reported and I want to try to avoid using the parabolic reflector.

Reactions: Mr.BR
Like 28” and behind a fat suppressor. I think very little chance it would be able to see the bullet at the muzzle based on what others have reported and I want to try to avoid using the parabolic reflector.
Same here but ,i reckon that because of the suppressor diameter we need to move the BS4 not just forward but also sideways to get out of the suppresor shade or in worst case use a tripod

206534d1663929499-start-review-bulletseaker-longseeker-com-replacement-labradar-img_7786.jpg

be0df5_d9f359feee3e45bf8e29ce71942f1a31~mv2.webp

I have a suitable mini tripod which is Plan B, but I think my plan will work well. I will post pics after I get it finished and test it.

So mine is 26 inch with an ec tuner brake on ir and when I used it on the night vision bridge I had 0 issues but when I used it with the area419 arca clamp and adapter on the dovetail of my ba comp chassis it wouldn't read.. I then flipped the dovetail and took off the 419 adapter and it worked just fine on the dovetail

F-Class John: AndiScan micro A2 - Final Thoughts

My experience with the AS mirrors f-class john's in that video. My comparison between the magnetospeed (he used the LR) and AS showed a variance in the 6 fps range vs his 14.

Reactions: hkguns
Received the Andiscan today.

So far, pretty tiny! I mounted it onto my Spuhr using a spare A-0032 mount

Edit: you add... It took 7 days from CZ to Left Coast via UPS Expedited Worldwide.

1000004576.jpg

I was looking to replace my Optical with a lab radar unit. Fortunately, they were OOS and I stumbled upon F-Class John's video of the Andi-Scan. I put my name on the list and when they were in stock snagged one in October. Mine has been very reliable and the menu's take some getting used to, but make sense after you play with it a bit.

The size is the selling factor for me. I didn't need another large piece of kit to drag to the range.

For anyone curious, this goes into more depth than the F-Class John videos and explains the CI which was confusing until I had the owner (Jan) explain it to me more clearly.

So far I've only shot 556 / 6.5C and a BB pistol across it and it has triggered every time when PIC rail mounted. Very satisfied with the product.

Last edited:
I was looking to replace my Optical with a lab radar unit. Fortunately, they were OOS and I stumbled upon F-Class John's video of the Andi-Scan. I put my name on the list and when they were in stock snagged one in October. Mine has been very reliable and the menu's take some getting used to, but make sense after you play with it a bit.

The size is the selling factor for me. I didn't need another large piece of kit to drag to the range.

For anyone curious, this goes into more depth than the F-Class John videos and explains the CI which was confusing until I had the owner (Jan) explain it to me more clearly.

So far I've only shot 556 / 6.5C and a BB pistol across it and it has triggered every time when PIC rail mounted. Very satisfied with the product.

Thanks for the information.