• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Android people, free ballistics is here

HadManySons

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Ar
The initial release of BallCalc for Android phones is out. Joshua Impson has been working hard to get this version of it out while I'm still working on the blackberry version. So, test it out. There is probably some bugs but that's where you come in. Let me know what you find and i'll pass that along to him. Hope you like it. As always, available at http://ballcalc.sourceforge.net

Re: Android people, free ballistics is here

Very nice! About time people started to mess around with the Andriod platform. Any time frame on when the table function is going to be available?

I've been messing around with this for about 30 minutes so far. Couple of things:

1. Can it predict speeds at certain distances?
2. Availability to convert MOA into Mils?
3. Get the tables to work.
laugh.gif

Once the table function is operational it will predict speed at distance. No version of the program can convert MOA to mils. However, I'll look into to doing that.

Get a BB version done and Ill be more than willing to play around with it and give feedback.

Version 1.4 is on the market.

New developer (Scott Anderson) came on board and helped clean up a bunch of my code and fix a bunch of my bugs...

When do you think the BB version will be ready??

I'm redoing some code to try and get it faster and more usable. Once I finish that, I'll start working on the Blackberry version. Blackberry's a pain to code for, and it's going to be significantly more of a pain to get it to work. It will get done though -- keep watching the forums...
smile.gif

btw, for Baccarrat, all of your requests are covered in version 1.4 for Android.

A big thank you for getting this to work! I couldn't imagine what it takes to program something like this.

No worries...

Programming is fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw, for Baccarrat, all of your requests are covered in version 1.4 for Android. </div></div>

Thank you for working on this!

I only see versions 1.0 and 1.1 for Android on your site.
Am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw, for Baccarrat, all of your requests are covered in version 1.4 for Android. </div></div>

Bump, I just installed version 1.4 on my Droid, and will play around with it on the range this weekend. You told Baccarrat that his requests were covered- did that include the mil conversion? I'm not seeing it.

For future releases, one suggestion might be to give the user the ability to save data. That way I could just choose, say, the .260 data I'd stored and the bullet BC, velocity, and sight height fields would be automagically populated.

Thanks for your work on this!

dammint, now im gonna have to go and upgrade to the Droid. Those of you that have how do you like it>?

Nice work. Would like to save data as well.

Droid is pretty nice.
I got mine last Friday and have become attached.

It replaced my alarm clock with the Multimedia dock, and replaced my Garmin Nuvi in my truck.
The 854x480 screen and the (still too small) keyboard make it pretty useful compared to many other small devices like this.

"This may indeed be the Droid that you are looking for.".......as the senior Jedi-master might have put it.
laugh.gif

Can anyone post a direct link for version 1.4 ?

I cannot find it through the link above...am I blind?

Search the Android Market using your Android device...... for the term "Ballcalc".
Version 1.4 is there.

Ah -- I thought I had subscribed to this thread. Didn't get any notifications when it came back alive!

I have not forgotten about it, just been extremely busy with work and such. I'm working on the blackberry version right now, but I also plan to get an update out for Android in the near future. I am planning to include the ability to save data, set defaults, along with probably a few other things.

The ability to convert between MOA and MILs is implemented, just tap the output field on the solution page to change the units. It's really not a very good implementation, and it will at least be changed a bit in the next update.

I'm glad people are getting some use out of this!

I just completed a ballistics app for Android called Shooter. It's in the market and it's free. Check it out to get the details and please give feedback.

Sean;
I am quite thankful you gentlemen are developing these programs.
Yours looks very good.....based on the few minutes I just spent playing with it.

You should start a new thread introducing it......as much as this thread was dedicated to "Ballistics", written by a friend of the original poster.
It is good courtesy.

Come to think of it, I will be happy to start one right now in the "Range report and Exterior Ballistics" forum.
laugh.gif

When I searched for shooter, it pulls up a bunch of games.

Odd, try ballistics. Or seankndy.

What version of android are you running?

It's the TMobile G1. I am not sure if there is a different version of the Droid software, but I am on version 1.6.

Lots of kudos for working on Blackberry ballistic application! And if it could intake weather via Bluetooth from Kestrel - it would be <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">awesome</span></span>!

And would you post your BB progress update here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dammint, now im gonna have to go and upgrade to the Droid. Those of you that have how do you like it>? </div></div>

Don't bother with a droid from AT&T. Stuck on 1.5 with no REAL hope of moving to 2.x. Typical motorola.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ability to convert between MOA and MILs is implemented, just tap the output field on the solution page to change the units. It's really not a very good implementation, and it will at least be changed a bit in the next update. </div></div>

One SMALL bug. When you tap the elevation field, the data changes, but the label still says MOA.

Nice work. Thanks!

JV

You can also download the free bubble level-works great!