• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Animals aren’t as sweet as Disney would have you think…

Anb618

In Valor, there is Hope.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
Lady decided she was going to “help” a hawk stuck to a glue trap. Hawk proceeds to dig its talons into her wrist, requiring medical assistance to get them out. Video in link. At least she sounds like she realized her mistakes in the aftermath…

On a related note, I had a white-collar middle aged fella show up to my PD a few months ago. He told me he saw a car hit a hawk, so he stopped to help it. He grabbed the stunned bird and put it in his trunk, apparently intending to find a nearby vet. While searching his phone from the side of the road, the bird apparently came to and started absolutely tearing apart the interior of his brand new BMW 5-series trunk.
He pulled up to the PD and explained all this to me. Then he tried to open the trunk to “show” me so that I could “handle it”. I quickly put my hand on top of the trunk and told him that wasn’t going to happen.
I gave him the address and phone number for a nearby raptor rescue. I told him to explain his predicament to them and hopefully they would be better equipped to help. I explained that although society requires the police wear many hats; handling large injured birds of prey was slightly outside my wheelhouse.

I wish I knew how it ended. He’s lucky I was there to save him from himself and keep him from opening that trunk. I imagine it would have ended similarly to, or worse than, the video above.

But they look so cute in Coke Commercials…

1F8B854D-D254-49A4-938A-446A712841AC.jpeg

Reactions: JimTN