• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

annealed???

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
What is annealed sorry im new to reloading a buddy of mine at work said something about annealed cases or something or annealing them or what not...

Re: annealed???

Thanks!!! There is still ALOT of stuff I have to learn about reloading!!!

I agree with queequeg, safety and learning the basics of reloading should be your first priority. Not to say you already have. With that out of the way annealing will help you get longer life out of your brass and will help with accuracy. By letting the brass form to your chamber easer when fired without stress on the necks. When annealing do the upper third of the casing. They have machines that will do it but they cost $1,500+. The poor boy way is to seat the case in water ¼ the way up the caseing,next using a propane torch heat the case to a even light blue then tip the case over in the water then clean and trim if needed.

Thanks guys!!! Yeah It's a long learning process but Im ready to learn!!!