• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annealeez Gen 3

Jefe~

Its a Tool Box
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2012
Now Reporting out of N. Va.
Good Evening everyone.

I just bought an annealeez Gen 3 and wanted to know if anyone had insight on what setting to use for Lapua 308 brass? Something that will get me in the ballpark for the initial setup. I purchased today so I haven't even seen the manual yet.

Many Thanks!

Good Evening everyone.

I just bought an annealeez Gen 3 and wanted to know if anyone had insight on what setting to use for Lapua 308 brass? Something that will get me in the ballpark for the initial setup. I purchased today so I haven't even seen the manual yet.

Many Thanks!

There's a lot of variables there that get in the way of giving you an answer that's meaningful . . . even though you looking for something in the "ballpark". Perhaps a time interval is a better thing to look at than the setting on the Annealeez. For .308, you might use 7 seconds and put the setting that gives you that amount to time. To find out what setting you should use for your Annealeez setup, turn out the light so you can observe in a dark room whether the neck starts to glow. When the neck starts to glow, that's the time the case should be dropped out of the flame and that'll give you a proper anneal. Then, whatever setting you have for that is what you'll know to use with your machine.

I have an older Annealeez that I installed a digital readout and found the setting for my .308's that works for my particular set up.

1646022541518.jpeg

Reactions: Jefe~
Yep. I have found whatever it takes to get that glow works for me.

Reactions: Jefe~
There's a lot of variables there that get in the way of giving you an answer that's meaningful . . . even though you looking for something in the "ballpark". Perhaps a time interval is a better thing to look at than the setting on the Annealeez. For .308, you might use 7 seconds and put the setting that gives you that amount to time. To find out what setting you should use for your Annealeez setup, turn out the light so you can observe in a dark room whether the neck starts to glow. When the neck starts to glow, that's the time the case should be dropped out of the flame and that'll give you a proper anneal. Then, whatever setting you have for that is what you'll know to use with your machine.

I have an older Annealeez that I installed a digital readout and found the setting for my .308's that works for my particular set up.

View attachment 7817311
Excellent! Thanks!

Reactions: straightshooter1