• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annealer. Best bang for the buck

I really like my benchsource with dual torches. I feed mine by hand and anneal a case in about 4 seconds

I do want an amp eventually though. Just a want however not a need

Reactions: 338dude
Annealeez is what I have, no desire whatsoever to shell out for an AMP. I did modify it to add a pressure gauge at the torch for repeatable results though.

I've ever only used the Amp annealer. Luckily I have a buddy who has one. I can't see using anything else TBH. More for the tech vs. the ease of use though. It analyzed your brass and then you just use that setting. No guess work and extremely repeatable and consistent. But that's a lot farther from the cheap end of the spectrum.

On the low end of things, the Annealez works very well. My buddy has one and I used it to anneal some brass after a match. Didn't take very long and it all turned out good. I have since bought an AMP and I will say, it is very worth it. No guess work involved setting a torch or anything, just get the code for your brass, and get after it.

I recently started annealing. I got an Annealeez Gen 2.0 earlier this year. The hopper holds 180+ .308 Win cases and 250+ 5.56/223 cases. I reload .308 Win, usually in batches of 50 or 100 so the hopper is plenty large enough for my application. I anneal cases every reloading cycle immediately before sizing.

Reactions: DGD6MM and 338dude
I started annealing with an Annealeez. It was probably user error, but I could never get the consistency I wanted out of it. I felt like I had to constantly adjust the flame and timing every time I went to use it. I recently bought a used Annie Annealer and greatly prefer it.

20210219_181322.jpg

What do you guys say?
I will go for more of the lower cost end than high.

Thanks
Bang for the buck is subjective. For me that term means 'what will allow me to do the job in the least amount of time with the best accuracy'. If it takes an hour or two to anneal 50 cases over time that all adds up. If you measure it out over the course of years, it's significant.

What I think you meant though is in the one time upfront cost.

You can apply that same reasoning to pretty much anything. If you are mounting tires on rims, if you only have to do that job once every 3-4 years, and only for four wheels then if the process is slow and inefficient it won't really matter. If you devote an entire afternoon to that one set of tires, in the grand scheme of things it won't matter how you do the job.

On the other hand if you are mounting tires all the time for a number of different cars, then spending an afternoon on one set is not acceptable.

For me, being perfectly honest, I don't shoot enough of precision shooting to really warrant the high end stuff. I am not at the very low end of round counts by any means, but I am also not at the high end either. I am somewhere in the middle. And between pistols and shooting ARs and such, and 22LR, of my actual round count maybe 20% of it would require annealing. Having nice automated annealers, or powder measures, or whatever it is nice, but it's also hard to justify the high dollar high speed stuff at that level.

has a case prep center included as well, all for under 300

has a case prep center included as well, all for under 300
This one looks like a heck of a deal if it works as advertised.

Reactions: DGD6MM and abn31c
Depends on the right tool for you. I bought one of those "Hot Rods" (because I always wanted one anyway) and timer. The first week I had it, I used it to get an old fitting loose on my Jeep. The second week I had it, I used it to de-solder a pipe fitting. About the third or fourth week I finally used it on some brass. :)

Works for me because I'm not doing tons at one time. If I'm going to load, 10 or 20 rounds of whatever, I anneal the 20 and that's it.

I went high end and torchless because I chose to anneal in the office in my house where the reloading bench is at. This little puppy works great. I only had to sacrifice one piece of brass for each caliber and type I use and write down the number it read out on the screen for all further annealing of my brass calibers and types.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_123050035.jpg
    IMG_20220909_123050035.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 233
I went high end and torchless because I chose to anneal in the office in my house where the reloading bench is at. This little puppy works great. I only had to sacrifice one piece of brass for each caliber and type I use and write down the number it read out on the screen for all further annealing of my brass calibers and types.

did you re-calibrate your setting after 10th reloading? because old brass can be thinner than when it is new.

• Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
did you re-calibrate your setting after 10th reloading? because old brass can be thinner than when it is new.
Not yet. However, if it ever becomes an issue, I have a ball micrometer to measure the wall thickness of the neck, then sort and re analyze with this machine. So far, I've annealed some 300 PRC Lapua brass, 300 Win. Mag Nosler brass and 260 Remington Starline and Alpha brass a few times and it's worked well.

Does your torches burn the same when you start to anneal and at the end?

I have small bottle (450ml) of gas and I can see that the flame is bigger at the beggining than after some minutes ...:unsure:

I would use a bigger bottle and an adjustable regulator. To set it up I would open torch wide open and adjust flame with the regulator. With the regulator set down to give you a good flame it will stay pretty much the same unless tank pressure falls below regulator setting, which should be when it's about empty.

Looks like it’s going to be The Burstfire.
Had a few technical questions and got a very nice detailed response promptly from the owner.

Thanks for all the input.

I bought a burstfire and it works as advertised. Extremely useful.

High voltage and heating coils are safer than gas? Maybe you should all change your heaters from gas to electric. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am still waiting for someone to prove they can shoot the difference between the different annealing methods. I can't help but laugh at the idea its the best because the company that makes it says so. The record books have been turned upside since the AMPs release though, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
High voltage and heating coils are safer than gas? Maybe you should all change your heaters from gas to electric. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am still waiting for someone to prove they can shoot the difference between the different annealing methods. I can't help but laugh at the idea its the best because the company that makes it says so. The record books have been turned upside since the AMPs release though, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can it even be considered hand loading without an AMP? There's probably a white paper on it.