• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annealing Nickel plated brass

Re: Annealing Nickel plated brass

I have never heard of anybody annealing Nickle brass. Maybe
do to reading the temp of the brass would be difficult and probally
inconsitant, that and reading here on the forums alot of people
seem to shy away from nickle brass because it flakes. Hope this helps.

From the wisdom of Varmint Al:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Note</span> that if you anneal your nickel plated necks, you are hardening the nickel plating. It can be harder than many alloyed steels before you anneal and can increase is hardness as much as 2 fold by precipitation hardening. I sure wouldn't want those tiny little hard pieces inside the neck getting embedded in the bullet's copper surface and then fire lapping my nice shiny barrel.

I have always been told that annealing NP brass is not a good thing to do! NP brass is pretty and all but no to practical for reloaders.

Terry

Thanks for all the input. You all just answered my question...I'm not going to try it. I used nickel brass in highpower comp. for years because I could pick my brass out of everyone elses on the line and the "Brass Rats" didn't get a chance to scarf it up. I also like it for woodchuck hunting as it sticks out in the grass better than brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Load them once...leave them in the forest. JMHO </div></div>

Yup!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Load them once...leave them in the forest. JMHO </div></div>

Yup! </div></div>

You should both be ashamed of yourselves. It's bad for the environment, leeches into the soil, and poisons the fish. (I made that up)

Pick it up, and make sh#! out of it!

Bullet_Shell_Jet_Airplane_AK_47.JPG

Bullet_Shell_Tank_AK47.JPG