• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Annie 64 mpr

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
Have read diff reports of people talking about problems with cutting down and threading an annie 64mpr. Does anyone here have first hand knowledge of problems with cutting one down. I will never use the iron sights that can be used on mine and want to cut the barrel back to around 17in and put my thunderbeast on it. Have been scared to do it because of the chatter around about how accuracy will be decreased and won't shoot worth a shit after it is done. It shoots very well right now and I don't want to screw it up. Just seems like if a good smith like gap or beanland, adco or the like were to do the work, there shouldn't be any problems. Most that I have read stated something about the barrel being choked and tighter at the muzzle but I don't know anything about this first hand. Would really appreciate someone chiming in that has first hand knowledge of this being true or not. Thanks, RG.

A MPR just sold in the classified section and they discuss the barrel and choke and about not cutting it down. I have no experience with this rifle but it sounds like cutting it down for a suppressor is not a good idea. There are several more knowledgeable shooters on this site who shoot that rifle and will probably give advise as well.

If I was you I would NOT take the chance personally. If its shooting real good and then if it goes south after, a rebarrel isn't cheap :(.

I called Cheseboro rifles today and inquired about cutting it down and he said definitely should not do it because of the choking. He did say it was ok to thread it for a suppressor but I don't want a 26in barrel and then a 5-7in suppressor hanging off of that. He supposedly does some fantastic work to a annie 1407 that he makes into a repeator. He cuts the breach end down and then threads the muzzle. I think I am gonna go that way instead of tearing up my 64. I will either sell mine or keep it. The 1407 that he cuts down comes in at 19.5ins which is much better for me. Question now is should I do the 1407 or one of the sako work ups like euro optics did last yr?

This is exactly what I initially wanted but don't seem to be able to get one imported to the states in the short barrel config. If I cut it down here like they do benelli shotties, I would essentially be getting an un-choked barrel and would most likely screw up the accuracy. If I could get a factory barrel imported, that would be a diff story. Have not really had time to look into that. It's not a rifle though so might be able to get it done and it is already threaded to boot. I do love the idea.

This is exactly what I initially wanted but don't seem to be able to get one imported to the states in the short barrel config. If I cut it down here like they do benelli shotties, I would essentially be getting an un-choked barrel and would most likely screw up the accuracy. If I could get a factory barrel imported, that would be a diff story. Have not really had time to look into that. It's not a rifle though so might be able to get it done and it is already threaded to boot. I do love the idea.

This factory option would be the best as you do not mess with the barrel at all. The only difference is the 1/2x20 thread at the end but several places make adaptors with the .75" OD to match the barrel.

If it had a 14" inch barrel it would be a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR).

Does Canada have the same law regarding SBR's and being deemed at roughly 16" from the breach face?

Our laws do not allow us to cut a barrel below 18" on a bolt gun. The overall length must remain over 26" when folded etc. and we are GTG. We can install any (<18") length of barrel that was "manufactured" at that length. The 1417 14" barrel rifle would be the same as a 20" barrel rifle as long as its manufactured that way. Same way my 12.5" shotgun is the same as a 20" one, as long as it is a factory made barrel and not modified by a smith/owner.

Then does anyone know how to get a hold of a 14in factory threaded anschutz barrel?