• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Annoyance when adjusting parallax

Nessal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
CA
I've adjusted parallax countless times but it always bug me that I'm afraid that I'm moving the rifle itself when I do my "nodding" causing me to adjust the parallax incorrectly. Then I will redo it several times until I think it's right. What a waste of time.

Does anyone have any tips on adjusting parallax better? I think it's partially because I'm so anal about getting it perfect that I keep redoing it over and over.

Re: Annoyance when adjusting parallax

Yep, you are being anal.

Get it close and learn to use a consistent cheek weld.

Drive on.

It doesn't have to be perfect to put lead on target. Once there was a day when we adjusted Parallax when we zeroed the rifle, then left it alone.

When I am shooting anything other than a KYL stage I just dial it to either the closest target range or the intermediate range (depending on the spread) and gas on.

Re: Annoyance when adjusting parallax

It's almost like the 28-way adjustable power seats that are available now on most cars. You just can not find the perfect setting.
smile.gif