• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another 7 PRC Build

CobraCharmer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2022
Bucks County, PA
As prompted by another forum member, I decided to post some pictures of my rifle built by Greg Young from Southern Precision Inc.
@Bugholes - thanks again for turning the build around that quickly. I truly appreciate it.
I sent Greg all the parts with the exception of the barrel and he put it all together for me.

1697315909189.png

Here is the build list:
MDT ACC Chassis
Coup De Grace Action
26" 1:8 Bartlein Barrel - Heavy Varmint Contour
Surefire Muzzle Brake - all my suppressors are Surefires
Trigger Tech Primary Trigger
Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 glass
M-Brace Scope Mount with anti-cant

Here is the final group I shot with some factory Hornady 180GR Match Ammo after screwing around with the scope and chassis at 100 yards (the two outliers were me dialing in the scope and left the zero alone after they bunched up like that on the last 5 shots (also negligible POI Shift as the very last two shots were suppressed and ended up in the same place):

1697316010190.png

I am looking at getting into reloading as this is going to end up costing me in ammo and training.

I am all ears as this is a new foray for me.

CC

I am only about 200 or so rounds in and I swear, the action gets smoother and smoother the more I shoot it.

Since I have enough brass now, I have moved on to reloading now.
I would kind of expect that to happen too. As you use it, it will "Wear in" so to speak and any rough surfaces will be knocked back and smoothed out.
I've looked at a few actions over the past few years and its always been, "Well, its nice, but I wish it had this or that". That one....Includes all of the this's and that's. its damn nice.

Reactions: CobraCharmer