• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Al Qaeda leader is worm food.

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/30/us-born-terror-boss-anwar-al-awlaki-killed/

Looks like we killed Anwar al-Awlaki.

Terror mastermind and senior Al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki is dead, senior U.S. officials confirmed to Fox News

Al-Awlaki, a U.S.-born Islamic militant cleric who became a prominent figure in Al Qaeda's most active branch, using his fluent English and Internet savvy to draw recruits to carry out attacks in the United States, was killed Friday in the mountains of Yemen, American and Yemeni officials said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/30/us-born-terror-boss-anwar-al-awlaki-killed/#ixzz1ZRFvhAPN

Re: Another Al Qaeda leader is worm food.

It's a beautiful day!

Come to think of it I need some worms for my garden......nah, they probrably stir up problems with the good American worms.

Just more Fluff for the Sheep,...
Senator see what we can do at this level of funding. If you would up our funds, we can win the GWOT,...Hell it's only been 10 years, whats, a few more?

It sickens me to see some of the jerks on TV saying that he was "murdered" illegally.

That piece of pig shit was no longer an American in his mind nor anyone else's.

He has previously called for the slaughter American citizens, so in my eyes, we just took him to Make a Wish camp.

Fuck him!

It is a little odd that there is a San Diego link to many of the terrorists. This guy preached here before he fled to Yeman. A couple of the 9/11 hijackers were I believe here or recruited here. Nidal Hassan had been communicating with him when he was in San Diego. There is this mini mosque that is here San Diego called the Al-Rribat Al-Aslami,
Mosque

I wish I had a time machine to hanger abort him before this and for that I will be forever saddened

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a little odd that there is a San Diego link to many of the terrorists. This guy preached here before he fled to Yeman. A couple of the 9/11 hijackers were I believe here or recruited here. Nidal Hassan had been communicating with him when he was in San Diego. There is this mini mosque that is here San Diego called the Al-Rribat Al-A <span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="color: #FF0000">slami </span> </span> ,
Mosque </div></div>

Time for Koran fed, tannerite filled, pig races, in SDiego. But isnt Slami made out of pork remnants?

Like the Three Stooges. Salami, Baloney, pastrami.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sickens me to see some of the jerks on TV saying that he was "murdered" illegally.

That piece of pig shit was no longer an American in his mind nor anyone else's.

He has previously called for the slaughter American citizens, so in my eyes, we just took him to Make a Wish camp.

Fuck him! </div></div>

While I do agree that he needed killing, I can also see the point the news stories you're referring to are making and it's scary when you think about it. Here's the gist of the problem. There are provisions in place for revoking citizenship from somebody for whatever anti-America reason but that wasn't done thus he was still a citizen. The 5th amendment says:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; </div></div>

This fuck was never given his due process rights.

So what we have is an administration who has gone against the constitution and is acting as judge, jury and executioner and I believe this is the first time in history that something like this has ever happened. I’m glad that dude is dead but this power left unchecked leads to the same slippery slope that has all of us questioning the future of our own rights, rights which we have forgotten are rights reserved by us not given to us. I.e. tyranny is afoot. I'm sad to see our constitution trampled evermore (see: bastardization of the second/etc.. admnt).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Why do you conclude that? Just because he was not arrested, charged and prosecuted in a court of law? He declared war on the United States. He was an Al Quada leader, spokesman and advocate. He was a self declared enemy of the United States, and the US agreed. And a bit of war was visited upon him. Not a problem. His citizenship is irrelevant.

I would hazard a guess that the process afforded this asshole to determine his status was more than typical and more than due. The fox news link indicated he was one of the first put on the capture or kill list by Obama. Maybe they should have sent him a letter or something before lettin' it fly....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Why do you conclude that? Just because he was not arrested, charged and prosecuted in a court of law? </div></div>

You answered your own question. He simply wasn't given his due process rights and that should be scary to everyone on this board. Yeah he was a fuck that needed killing but that has nothing to do with my argument. What happens when this type of thing becomes common place and suddenly you yourself are being killed without a trial because you own a gun or used your first amendment rights and spoke out against the president or something, do you see how it would become a slippery slope if it goes on unchecked?? Forget about the guy this is about a tyrannical government circumventing the constitution and this is why you see groups like the ACLU standing up against it, you should be too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Why do you conclude that? Just because he was not arrested, charged and prosecuted in a court of law? </div></div>

You answered your own question. He simply wasn't given his due process rights and that should be scary to everyone on this board. Yeah he was a fuck that needed killing but that has nothing to do with my argument. What happens when this type of thing becomes common place and suddenly you yourself are being killed without a trial because you own a gun or used your first amendment rights and spoke out against the president or something, do you see how it would become a slippery slope if it goes on unchecked?? Forget about the guy this is about a tyrannical government circumventing the constitution and this is why you see groups like the ACLU standing up against it, you should be too. </div></div>

A Presidential order to kill a U.S. citizen or a non-U.S. Citizen is a area of US law, International law and international relations that is fraught with the danger of future legal actions. Both in US courts and international courts. As well as certain costs to the governments that commit such acts.

I'm in favor of drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen. But a drone strike is seldom without collateral damage and innocent deaths. War has come along way since the carpet bombing of German and Japanese citizens, let alone the use of nuclear weapons in Japan.

This is however, war. I doubt that any Pakistani innocent citizen or Yemen citizenship will have any luck in a US court or a International court of justice pursuing a claim of unjust cause of death or injury.

War, is a dirty messy and unfair business. It will likely always be so.

winning!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A Presidential order to kill a U.S. citizen or a non-U.S. Citizen is a area of US law, International law and international relations that is fraught with the danger of future legal actions. Both in US courts and international courts. As well as certain costs to the governments that commit such acts.

This is however, war. I doubt that any Pakistani innocent citizen or Yemen citizenship will have any luck in a US court or a International court of justice pursuing a claim of unjust cause of death or injury.
</div></div>

International law? WTF?

So killing a U.S. citizen without due process (in the constitution) is OK with you? What's to keep the president from killing you without a trial or just arbitrarily coming to your house and taking all of your guns? It's exactly the same over-step and trampling of the constitution. The U.S. has the ability to revoke citizenship and could have done so here and then we wouldn't be having this conversation but it didn't revoke his citizenship thus we have a tyrannical government acting as judge, jury and executioner that should scare the hell out of you. The outcome is a moot point what I'm arguing about is the POTUS grossly overstepping his authority and I'm shocked that people blindly support the action just because it killed some asshole. Granted, I know I'm one of the few people who took Constitutional Law in school but this really shouldn't be new to a bunch of people who closely guard the 2nd. The 5th and 1st/2nd are closely bound, fold on one and the others are instantly toast as well.

What does the second part of your quote have to do with this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

His citizenship is irrelevant.

</div></div>
That is so, not correct.
His citizenship is most relevant, per the COTUS. If (and it's a big "IF"), had his citizenship been revoked prior to the birds release, I have no problem with his death and how it happened. If what I suspect is true, the X_______ in the white house is no better than he was. Nor were the rest of the chain involved down to the guy that pulled the trigger.

Just because it's an order, does not make it a Lawful Order. There is going to be an issue over this.

The Patriot act does not superseded the COTUS, no way no how.

Doing what some think is the right thing, has proven out over time to start a bigger shit storm, than they wanted. Before you pull the trigger on anyone, you damn well better have 200% confidence you are doing the right thing. Otherwise your no better than they, when it's all said an done. My oath was to the COTUS, nothing about that has or will change. Lock step popular opinions have been the bane of many country's an have quickly led to their down fall.

Doing the right thing hurts, but that's what this country is about,...well it use to be anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

International law? WTF?

So killing a U.S. citizen without due process (in the constitution) is OK with you? What's to keep the president from killing you without a trial or just arbitrarily coming to your house and taking all of your guns? It's exactly the same over-step and trampling of the constitution. The U.S. has the ability to revoke citizenship and could have done so here and then we wouldn't be having this conversation but it didn't revoke his citizenship thus we have a tyrannical government acting as judge, jury and executioner that should scare the hell out of you. The outcome is a moot point what I'm arguing about is the POTUS grossly overstepping his authority and I'm shocked that people blindly support the action just because it killed some asshole. Granted, I know I'm one of the few people who took Constitutional Law in school but this really shouldn't be new to a bunch of people who closely guard the 2nd. The 5th and 1st/2nd are closely bound, fold on one and the others are instantly toast as well.

What does the second part of your quote have to do with this? </div></div>

There are alot of laws that apply and that have been either ignored or have been argued as secondary to the pursuit of enemies of the state. In the "war on terrorism". In addition United Nation mandates may provide little protections in some cases and in some Countries.

"What does the second part of your quote have to do with this?" Well there is Guantanamo Bay, Afghanistan detention centers, "illegal renditions", etc. etc. all of which involve U.S. or International law(s).

<span style="color: #FF0000">NONE</span> on which has developed any traction in any U.S. court or any other court. The sole exception being an Italian court case the particulars of which I cannot recall. It was a terrorism related case. There CIA agents were involved and the U.S. government and the CIA refused to co-operate and refused to respect Italian court subpoenas and the case went nowhere.

You of course are welcome to represent the family/estate of U.S. citizens killed by presidential order subsequent to your admission to the bar. Should you feel that there is a chance of success.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...-killing-us-ci/

I think his citizenship was an issue in the first place. I do not think being born in the US by foreigners automatically grants you citizenship. Hey that is just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his citizenship was an issue in the first place. I do not think being born in the US by foreigners automatically grants you citizenship. Hey that is just me. </div></div>

Like it or not that is the Law of the Land, afforded all by the COTUS. When it comes to that piece paper, there is no gray, or difference between the letter or intent. W/O adhering to the Law's we fight an die for, whats the point? Do we now say the POTUS or Military can point a finger an say that person needs to be killed because of____________? Could that ability trickle down to your locals, at some point in time.

I know lots of folks that "NEED" killing, but w/o laws we would be no better than the cave dwellers.

I'm not losing any sleep over his ass, but I am worried about what comes next in the name of 9/11 or the patriot act.

I agree completely. We dont saction assassinations. We didnt assassinate Ghadifi for that fact. I feel we should have done this on a low level (single shot from a ways away) or paid someone in his circle to do it but not in something as dramatic and over the top as a airstrike. Who are we, the global police? It sets a bad precident for future strikes... Like the poster above says, SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO DIE, who are we to make that call????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like the poster above says, SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO DIE, who are we to make that call???? </div></div>

In this case, ultimately a man who's very origin is in question by many.

Every American should question this.

Good Luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There are alot of laws that apply and that have been either ignored or have been argued as secondary to the pursuit of enemies of the state. In the "war on terrorism". In addition United Nation mandates may provide little protections in some cases and in some Countries.</div></div>

What laws? There are ZERO laws allowing for the assassination of a U.S. citizen such law would be contrary to the Constitution. What does the United Nations have to do with this? Just like above with the international law idea you're introducing new elements to this discussion that have no bearing on the topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What does the second part of your quote have to do with this?" Well there is Guantanamo Bay, Afghanistan detention centers, "illegal renditions", etc. etc. all of which involve U.S. or International law(s). </div></div>

What do all the things you mentioned have to do with this? Again these new elements to this discussion that have no bearing on the topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">NONE</span> on which has developed any traction in any U.S. court or any other court. The sole exception being an Italian court case the particulars of which I cannot recall. It was a terrorism related case. There CIA agents were involved and the U.S. government and the CIA refused to co-operate and refused to respect Italian court subpoenas and the case went nowhere. </div></div>

Not sure what your point here is please clarify.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You of course are welcome to represent the family/estate of U.S. citizens killed by presidential order subsequent to your admission to the bar. Should you feel that there is a chance of success. </div></div>

The ACLU is doing that for me. Usually I can't stand the ACLU but every once in a while they do actually get things right, this is one of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...-killing-us-ci/ </div></div>

Did you read that? I just did. They cite as their evidence people such as professors and news casts. The simple fact is that killing a U.S. citizen is a violation of that citizens 5th admt rights and that article actually spells that out pretty well if you read past the quotes from insignificant sources.

I know this is weird to grasp, 'how can killing an anti-U.S. person be illegal in war' but think of it like this as the example is no different than the Prez taking your guns without a trial. In each case the Constitution has been violated.

http://today.duke.edu/2011/09/tip-awlaki

On Sept. 30, American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was killed by U.S. forces during an airstrike in Yemen. The U.S government considered al-Awlaki a senior al Qaida leader.

Charlie Dunlap

Visiting professor of law at Duke University Law School and director of Duke's Center on Law, Ethics and National Security.
http://www.law.duke.edu/fac/dunlapÂ

Specializes in warfare policy and strategy, cyber-warfare, military commissions, counterinsurgency, nuclear issues and air power; former deputy judge advocate general of the U.S. Air Force; retired from military in June 2010 as a major general.

Quote:

"Some have raised the issue of al-Awlaki's U.S. citizenship, claiming he was entitled to being treated as legally different from other belligerents. In the still-applicable 1942 Nazi saboteur case of Ex Parte Quirin the Supreme Court concluded otherwise, finding that U.S. citizenship of 'an enemy belligerent does not relieve him from the consequences of a belligerency.' In this instance, that 'consequence' is being targeted like any other enemy.

"The court explicitly found that 'there are circumstances in which the executive's unilateral decision to kill a U.S. citizen overseas is constitutionally committed to the political branches and judicially unreviewable.'

"In short, if a U.S. citizen overseas presents an imminent threat, or is a participant in an organized armed group engaged in armed conflict against the U.S., as the administration seems to be alleging is the case with al-Awlaki, the mere fact that he may also be accused of criminal offenses does not necessarily give him sanctuary from being lawfully attacked overseas as any other enemy belligerent might be."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Some have raised the issue of al-Awlaki's U.S. citizenship, claiming he was entitled to being treated as legally different from other belligerents. In the still-applicable 1942 Nazi saboteur case of Ex Parte Quirin the Supreme Court concluded otherwise, finding that U.S. citizenship of 'an enemy belligerent does not relieve him from the consequences of a belligerency.' In this instance, that 'consequence' is being targeted like any other enemy.</div></div>

That's a bad case to cite in terms of the 5th admend argument. I quickly scanned the brief (I'll go back and read it when I'm not being dragged out the door by my son wanting to go to the pool) but it looks like Haupt was the only one out of eight who was a U.S. citizen and even if they all were U.S. citizens it would still hold no bearing as they were actually given a trial, i.e. due process and they were given their 5th admend rights. This thread's topic is about the killing of a U.S. citizen who was deprived his 5th admend rights or at least that's what I'm arguing about.

Its the very least we can do to make damn sure the constitution is upheld to its fullest, to do otherwise would be one of the most disrespectful things we could do to all of those that have served and died for this country

Below is a link to the wiki page about this guy. I SERIOUSLY suggest you read it. Some things like him lying about being a U.S. citizen(He claimed he was from Yemen) to obtain scholarships reserved for foreign citizens, himself being arrested twice for soliciting prostitutes in San Diego, are worth reading about as well as being involved with the Fort Hood shooting and a fair amount of other incidents, to a greater extent.

It's a sizable bio.

Link to Wiki

Also the situation with the CIA agents being arrested in Italy is an entirely different issue from this topic. What relevancy it has is lost on me.

The topic
"Another Al Qaeda leader is worm food."

"The ethics and realpolitik of assassination"
..."Concern about this question I think underlies my discomfort with Mr Somin's sensible argument as well as the widespread official condemnation of "extrajudicial" and "unlawful" targeted killings. As Hobbes taught, if private reason is authoritative—if each is left to judge for herself what is right—we are left with a chaos of conflicting claims. In that case it seems that "justice" boils down to Thrasymachus' slogan: "Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger".

Because America is generally "the stronger", many Americans are pretty satisfied with Thrasymachean international justice. In a Thrasymachean world, America's authority to declare, as Mr Obama did declare, that "justice has been done" through American assassination is based ultimately upon America's superior strength. A civil global order would require that private reason be subordinated to public reason—that national judgment be subordinated to international law. The aspiration to an order of global public reason expressed in the quotations offered up by Mr Dershowitz often is, as Mr Dershowitz argues, cynically opportunistic. But it is just as often admirably authentic.

The silence of the usual critics of "illegal", "extrajudicial", targeted killing in the wake of America's killing of Osama bin Laden might reflect hypocrisy, sure. But this can be tough to distinguish from resignation to the fact that Mr Obama didn't submit his case for executing Mr bin Laden to some global civil authority because there isn't one and he didn't have to—because America's the biggest kid on the block and, ultimately, what America says goes. And, if it comes down to it, Britain, France, Italy, Russia and other powerful governments hope America will indulge their own kill-squad adventures with similar approving silences. Of course, if some aggrieved faction in the future seeks retribution through the targeted killing of one of these countries' leaders, that will be raw vengeance, that will be terrorism, that will be an international crime, because, like it or not, that's how it works. " Quote from
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/05/targeted_killing

The discussion arising from the title of this thread is, and I discuss other laws including the International laws arising from drone strikes on citizens other that solely U.S. ones.

The Italian case regarding the conviction of U.S. CIA operatives for illegal acts under Italian law.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/04/italian-judge-convicts-23-cia-kidnap-case/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The topic
"Another Al Qaeda leader is worm food."

"The ethics and realpolitik of assassination"
..."Concern about this question I think underlies my discomfort with Mr Somin's sensible argument as well as the widespread official condemnation of "extrajudicial" and "unlawful" targeted killings. As Hobbes taught, if private reason is authoritative—if each is left to judge for herself what is right—we are left with a chaos of conflicting claims. In that case it seems that "justice" boils down to Thrasymachus' slogan: "Justice is nothing other than the advantage of the stronger".

Because America is generally "the stronger", many Americans are pretty satisfied with Thrasymachean international justice. In a Thrasymachean world, America's authority to declare, as Mr Obama did declare, that "justice has been done" through American assassination is based ultimately upon America's superior strength. A civil global order would require that private reason be subordinated to public reason—that national judgment be subordinated to international law. The aspiration to an order of global public reason expressed in the quotations offered up by Mr Dershowitz often is, as Mr Dershowitz argues, cynically opportunistic. But it is just as often admirably authentic.

The silence of the usual critics of "illegal", "extrajudicial", targeted killing in the wake of America's killing of Osama bin Laden might reflect hypocrisy, sure. But this can be tough to distinguish from resignation to the fact that Mr Obama didn't submit his case for executing Mr bin Laden to some global civil authority because there isn't one and he didn't have to—because America's the biggest kid on the block and, ultimately, what America says goes. And, if it comes down to it, Britain, France, Italy, Russia and other powerful governments hope America will indulge their own kill-squad adventures with similar approving silences. Of course, if some aggrieved faction in the future seeks retribution through the targeted killing of one of these countries' leaders, that will be raw vengeance, that will be terrorism, that will be an international crime, because, like it or not, that's how it works. " Quote from
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/05/targeted_killing

The discussion arising from the title of this thread is, and I discuss other laws including the International laws arising from drone strikes on citizens other that solely U.S. ones.

The Italian case regarding the conviction of U.S. CIA operatives for illegal acts under Italian law.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/04/italian-judge-convicts-23-cia-kidnap-case/

</div></div>

Phil as I read what you typed above I think you're trying to say that you want to debate the broader issue of international law and drone strikes on anyone (you said--> <span style="font-style: italic">"I discuss other laws including the International laws arising from drone strikes on citizens other that solely U.S. ones."</span>)... is that why in every post you're adding all of this other info?

I'd be happy to debate that with you but we would most likely agree so it wouldn't be much of a debate.

I'm really confused about what specifically you're getting at because I'm having a hard time tying in all of your peripheral information that is irrelevant at least in terms of my 5th ademd argument. Please clarify. ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's sizable bio.
</div></div>

Funny enough, I have two degrees from CSU (his alma mater), though I was many years later than him. Scary to think we roamed the same halls and maybe had some of the same professors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's sizable bio.
</div></div>

Funny enough, I have two degrees from CSU (his alma mater), though I was many years later than him. Scary to think we roamed the same halls and maybe had some of the same professors. </div></div>

We never know the hands we shake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good kill!!!!! </div></div> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRWU_M4da_c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRWU_M4da_c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>