• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing another bedding question????? Manners T2-A

SingleShot85

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2004
Native Texican (SA)
spanishgourd.com
I purchaced a new Manners T2A stock that was inleted for a Remy SA and Surgeon Bottom Metal.

Question, is it necessary/suggested to use the pillars that come with the bottom metal or just bolt and go?

Thanks

Re: another bedding question????? Manners T2-A

I rarely use the issued pillars opting for the ones I make instead (on anyones DBM) While the Manners stocks work, I've yet to receive one that didn’t need a little TLC in the mill in the receiver area and issued pillars that fit the pre-drilled holes. I'd pillar bed the rifle no matter what, heads off numerous problems

The pillars are also there to make sure your at the proper spacing between the bottom metal and the action. As long as you have the proper spacing for reliable feeding it does not matter whos pillars are used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pillars are also there to make sure your at the proper spacing between the bottom metal and the action. </div></div>

I've always found the issued pillars to be too short, especially the front pillar. With my bedding technique and self made pillars, I've yet to have a feeding problem with DBM's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchaced a new Manners T2A stock that was inleted for a Remy SA and Surgeon Bottom Metal.

Question, is it necessary/suggested to use the pillars that come with the bottom metal or just bolt and go?

Thanks </div></div>

Yes we do suggest that you use a set of pillars. The main reason for this is that our stocks do not come with 1/4" bolt holes, they are perpunched for the Badger 9/16" pillar set that came with your stock. Off the top of my head I am not sure if the surgeon 700 DBM system comes with 9/16" or 5/8" pillars like the surgeon XL actions. On the surgeon xl inlets we now ream the pillar holes out to 5/8" so the bigger surgeon pillars can be used with out having to ream it yourself. If guys want to make there own or run a bigger pillar just let us know at time of order and we can take them out to 5/8", no problem. I have played with the pillar lengths on a few of my personal rifles, but we can only recommend that you use the manufactures spec pillars or trim the ones that we provide to that spec.

Single.Shot give us a buzz on Monday and we will get you fixed up asap.

Thank you very much, Thomas Manners