• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Another BiPod question....

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey Hide, I have a 308 style rifle and want to put a bipod on her. It does not have a picatinny rail, just swivel mounts.

I have a few questions on what I need... Should I just get a Harris for the money or do I look into an Atlas, GGG, or Brobo set up? I am seriously struggling with spending lots of cash on a bipod but, if its going to make a difference, Ill do it. I am going to be shooting off a bench for the most part and am looking for the best choice/realistic choice out there.

Additionally, I see Seekins sells a swivel type adapter to be able to mount a picatinny rail to a swivel mount for a qd style rail... is this correct?

Any/all help would be much appreciated!

Can anyone here tell me why/what the advantage is of buying the 200+ bipods vs sub $200? I have used a Harris in the past and it seems to be pretty solid... just looking for clarity!

There are some great offerings from companies like Atlas, they do make a great bipod. However the only thing they offer is the legs can fold to 45 and 90 fore and aft which can be helpful in a few situations. But you can do anything with the Harris that you can with a Atlas. Just get the right bipod for your application. My choice would be a S-BRM with the notches then add a podloc and leg lock set screws.

I have Harris bipod on my Steyr SSG04 308 cal. It works perfectly fine. I also have ggg and atlas for my HK PSG8 and DTA SRS and they works perfectly fine too. I picked ggg and atlas because of pictinny rail. If you ask me is the 45 deg legs worth the money, I will say I don't use it enough to justify it. I bought it for just in case I need it one day and I don't have to say, damn I wish I have it.