• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

another black hole rant

824jeffg

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2011
Forney TX
I ordered a 20” .936 dia grendel barrel from black hole, I had read all the reviews and it seemed like they made a decent barrel for a decent price but they had plenty of negative reviews seemed to be hit or miss, well the barrel I wanted was pretty hard to find, my choices were a custom job from satern (good barrel but who knows how long of a wait and a pretty stiff price tag to go with it) or a les baer very pricey but not doubt of good quality. Well my cheap side got the best of me and decided I would roll the dice on a black hole barrel. After about a 6 mo wait my barrel finally came in I didn’t have any other parts together for it yet so I sat it aside. I did notice that there was no bolt shipped with it so I went back and checked my order details to make sure that I actually ordered one before I sent the first email to BHW.
I can’t find the first email but basically I just asked where my bolt was, I ordered a barrel and bolt and only got a barrel. I had not done a detailed inspection of the barrel yet.

BHW : Our apologies, the supplier for our bots has gone out of business and neglected to inform us of this. I am currently looking for a new supplier and will have those components out soon. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Apparently my supplier neglected to inform me as well
At this point I received in the upper I was going to use for this build and went to go check the fit on the receiver and barrel extension when I noticed that the gas port was off at 11 o’clock

Me : don't worry about sending me a bolt, I am going to return your barrel for a full refund, the gas port is not timed correctly with the barrel extension, I just need you to confirm the return address to which you would like the barrel sent.

BHW : I will cancel the order for a bolt. If you would like to return the barrel, we will replace the barrel at no additional cost to you. If you would still prefer a refund, please let me know and I will alert the bookkeeper.
(A week or so later a bolt showed up)

Me : Yes I want a refund, if I wanted a another barrel I would have said something along the lines of "I would like another barrel" don’t think I did it was pretty clear I also said don’t send me a bolt which you did any way apparently attention to detail is not exactly your forte @ bhw. It took less than 24 hrs to charge me for my barrel 6 mo to receive it screwed up none the less, without a bolt why would yall even send it w/o a bolt ? then you do send me a bolt but from another manf. That wasn’t even head spaced to my barrel. The funniest part of the whole thing is yalls logo was dead on timed at 12 o'clock but the gas port wasn’t even close. Just please send me my refund So I can be done with bhw . If you can bill me in 24 hrs you can refund it 24 hrs

I have also called and left numerous voice mails with no response

I guess the old saying is true, "you can have it cheap, fast, or good, pick any two"

Re: another black hole rant

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. So? Why is this being posted here?</div></div>

in case somebody is considering a black hole barrel they might know what to expect

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. So? Why is this being posted here? </div></div>

I, for one, appreciate it. Thanks, OP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. So? Why is this being posted here? </div></div>

I, for one, appreciate it. Thanks, OP. </div></div>

yeah, thanks for taking the time to post