• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Another Bushnell 4200 6x24 review

Tunanut

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
Lake Norman
Mounted it on my 700VLS 243ai. Also got those cool bolt knobs and epoxied them on both my 700's. Good clearance and they really help with cycling. Anyway, I set a new piece of steel @ 500 at my range. It's not fancy, but I get to make the rules. 3 shots had me zeroed and I thought, dial it up. 2.1Mil up and with a 10 mph left to right I dialed .4Mil left. Pow,,,,,,ding. 10" right, dialed in .2 more left, pow,,,,,,,,ding. I continued till I got bored, it was too easy. As far as the glass, it's not premium. I prefered 12X - 16X as I got a cleaner picture. At 24X the image kinda whites out and is not clear like a Ziess or S&B. I can usually make out the 1" lines on my 400 yrd target with premium glass, but not this one. Do I like the scope, oh yeah, but don't think that you are getting premium glass. It works just fine enough for my purposes and I believe a good value. I'd certianly recommend it for someone looking for a scope in its price range.

Up in my dozer bucket setting the new steel. That's my truck in the road 500 yrs away.
P2190116.jpg

Just put those bolt knobs on and what a delight. I likey.
P2041308.jpg

Range d'Tunanut
P2190127.jpg

24X @ 500yrds
P2190120.jpg

12X@500
P2190121.jpg

Re: Another Bushnell 4200 6x24 review

Nice review. I haven't personally owned one, but I set up a co worker on a budget with one, and he loves it. I mounted it for him, and I think that it is a great value for the money. Nice scope!

I dont mind this scope at all. A mate has one and his has good glass.

Side by side next to my NF, it wasnt a world apart, and deffinately good enough in my books. I have seen more expensive glass with less to offer.

If i were on a budget this is deffinately a good choice.

Oh no you shouldn't buy anything less than a $2500 they are no good and you wont be able to hit with it past 50 yards. Spend at least $2500 even if you can't afford ammo for 2 years afterwards.

They are excellent scopes I have 1 6-24 and 2 3-12's they really are excellent for twice the money. Don't let the optics snobs talk you out of your trigger time. Good review great pics and I love you range.

I got the model 42624F and haven't got it mounted yet, but I compared it side by side with a NF NXS 5.5-22x56 and at similar magnifications the NF definitely had an edge at low light conditions (dusk), but I couldn't really complain about the 4200, and it's a clear step up from the Leupold MkIII it's replacing. Once I get it mounted (waiting on rings) then I'll evaluate tracking and the like. I got it at pretty steep clearance from Natchezss so I'm particularly happy for what I got for the price.

You parked your truck "500yrs" away!! That sounds like a long walk!

Sorry couldn't help it.

Great write up with pictures, thanks for sharing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You parked your truck "500yrs" away!! That sounds like a long walk!

Sorry couldn't help it.

</div></div>

This guy dont need a scope he needs a time machine
laugh.gif

is your range near LKN area? I live up in Northern Iredell Couty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ander254</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is your range near LKN area? I live up in Northern Iredell Couty. </div></div>

I couldn't afford that much land in the LKN area. It's out in Anson Co.

runamuk, I drove the CAT with the poles, steel, posthole digger in the bucket. Used the bucket to set the steel about 9' up. But yeah, it's a long walk just to see where you hit; I gotta get a spotting scope or put up more steel and repaint before each shooting.

I have three of the various 6-24 bushnells, they have always done what I asked of them, and for the money they are bright and relatively clear.

I really like the glass on mine and nice to see a thru the scope pic at 500 as I have not been out past 100 yet.

Interesting photos. I suspect the red halo around your target was not put there by you. It appears your halo is around the same surface area as your target. Does it appear that bad or is your camera making it worse?

I'm still waiting to hear from Bushnell on getting my scope back for testing.

The halo is actually an orange stripe painted on the target. I assumed it was white because of the all white target that shows up in the first photo. Thought it was the same as your distance target.